TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Public Account 3

TSM 2008 Year-End Awards: Sports

Guest Public Account 3

Let's look for plays, players, and a revisiting of Sports Wisdom of the Year.

I made a mistake and if that mistake costs me my career, then that's where we need to look. Look at what I did and look at what I lost. You know what I'm saying. Does marijuana, is it that bad? That's the question I really want people to ask themselves sometimes.

Following rules blindly, doesn't mean you're right just by following those rules. There needs to be a just rule. I mean, a long time ago George Washington sat around, didn't want to pay taxes to the crown. There's other things going on, but the rudimentary part of our American revolution was we didn't want to pay taxes. And we broke that rule and we have America today. You know, if we would've lost that war, George Washington would be Benedict Arnold.

You know, it's whoever wins, you get the praise. Nicotine won, the tobacco industry won. That's the thing, they wouldn't want marijuana to be legal. It causes less cancer and actually, I've read studies where in cities with very bad air polution like in Indiana, it helps protect you from lung cancer.

David Harrison, former Indiana Pacer

Guest Czecherbear

Quotes of the Year

I heard that your mentor Bill Walsh was one of the first phone calls that you made when you found out that you had the job. What does it mean to you to be the head coach of the 49ers? I'm sorry. Oh. I'm sorry. What, what did I, what was wrong.

Michelle, you look good tonight, girl.

We're the bitch of Chicago. We have the worst owner. The guy's got seven fucking rings, and he's the fucking horseshit owner.

heeeeee.....NAILED IT! NO! HE MISSED IT!

Haha, Bob Lamey does that all the time on Colts radio. "The kick is up, looks good, it is, and the score now the Browns nine, the Co...NO WAIT, HE MISSED IT!"

Quotes of the Year

Just about anything Kevin Garnett related

Shaq requesting Kobe inform him about the taste of his ass

Pacman's interview in which he discusses "being rebellion" at the "scrip club"

Guest Czecherbear

Oh man. I watched that Brady video like five times. Heeeeeehhhhhhh hhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeehhhhh.

Certainly "0-16" is up there for sports stories of the year, just for the sheer ridiculousness of this happening in a parity-driven league like the NFL. Also there seemed to be an inordinate amount of gruesome knee/leg injuries this year.