TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Week 17

Ward joins Jacobs as a 1,000 yard rusher. That's pretty much the only thing that was interesting for me in the game this week, especially now that David Carr is playing.

Guest Vitamin X

And here comes the trademark Packers defense implosion in the second half. God damn. 14-14!

Seriously? Didn't you guys ever watch a single USC game? There's a reason they had LenDale White splitting so much of the load with Bush there, and that would be it. Bush is panning out to be exactly the sort of NFL back I thought I'd see- great returner, probably the best third down back in the league, but not an every-down guy. It had made perfect sense for New Orleans to take him because Deuce was the main guy there, but not anymore. I guess Pierre Thomas is the guy they have in that position now.

Texans have actually done a pretty fair job drafting overall, just not with the offensive linemen.

Eh, all a lot of us saw (and I'll include myself in that group) was Reggie singlehandedly demolishing Fresno St. and outrunning defenders his senior year. I thought LenDale was just the change of pace plodder that softened the defenses up. I guess that's why I'm not a scout.

To be fair, the Texans' approach to the O-line has seemed to be "free agency will fix it". That haven't really spent draft picks on the line apart from the occassional 6th rounder and Chester Pitts. The last few years the Texans have started building through the draft (Eric Winston, Duane Brown) and supplementing it with offseason acquisitions. I just wish fatass Ron Dayne hadn't shattered Charles Spencer's leg. A 6'4", 330 pound tackle who had some quickness on him. Oh well.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If the Packers choke this away and ruin the 0-16 magic, I'm driving to Portland and hitting VX with a rock.

Holy shit. David Carr with a beautiful TD pass to Hixon. The Vikes are pathetic if they lose this game against the B-team.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Dammit Davis, bad things happen when you leave your feet! Ask Rosencopter if you don't believe me.

ROSENCOPTER! hahahaha

Holy shit. David Carr with a beautiful TD pass to Hixon. The Vikes are pathetic if they lose this game against the B-team.

Isn't Carr on a one year deal? Guy has gotta be playing hard, he needs a team to give him a shot next year.

And as great as Peterson is, it would be really nice if he would learn how to carry with two hands every once and a while.

Yeah, the Giants should look into giving him another year or two unless he thinks he can start somewhere else.

With the exception of 1 huge run, the G-Men have done a good job keeping Peterson down.

Guest Vitamin X

In this week's edition of Packers choking away a perfectly winnable game, Green Bay goes for it on 4th and 10 from the Detroit 40 with 7:30 to go in the 3rd. The result is James Jones dropping the ball, then the Lions DB starts talking shit so they get hit with a 15 yard penalty.

This is really an exercise in futility on both sides here.

David Carr the former #1 pick. What's this about the Texans always drafting well?

Mario has more than made up for Carr.

Fair enough. I agree. I never saw the complaints either. Bush was overrated coming out of the draft. It's not even a hindsight thing.

In this week's edition of Packers choking away a perfectly winnable game, Green Bay goes for it on 4th and 10 from the Detroit 40 with 7:30 to go in the 3rd. The result is James Jones dropping the ball, then the Lions DB starts talking shit so they get hit with a 15 yard penalty.

This is really an exercise in futility on both sides here.

They're all just out there having fun.

WHO WANTS IT LESS!??

Yeah, the Giants should look into giving him another year or two unless he thinks he can start somewhere else.

If some team in the NFL believes that their GM should be strung up from the goal post.

If he thinks he can start, Carr's best bet would be to go to a team that has a QB, but one that might not be able to hold on the starting job and win the job out of camp. Other than that, he would be best served to being a backup right now.

Maybe he wants to impress the Vikings by kicking their asses out of the playoffs? Throw two more touchdowns and he might just do it. But yeah, I think he's better off being a back-up.

The only options are the Vikings, Niners, and Lions. And two of those teams don't have an offensive line. And one of the two doesn't have an offensive line or receivers.

And dammit Green Bay, you better not blow this for all of us. You are messing with perfection!

Guest Vitamin X

HAHAHA thank you Ed Hochuli!

edit: Damn it. Here I thought we just stole a big TD run.

So its 21-17...my Chicago g/f is yammering on about how the Texans should just let the Bears win the game since they have a shot at the playoffs and how their still in it despite the Bears failing to figure out how to stop the slant pattern 16 weeks into the season.

Oh..that roughing the passer call was complete and utter bullshit too..I think my bitching about that actually ended up waking my g/f up.

Really?! Really guys?! No fuckin pass interference on that play? Guy gets mauled before the ball even hits him and no flag? Meh.. I can only take solace in my g/f now bitching about the Bears defense and our hitting a FG...