TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - December 29, 2008

Maybe Kelly Kelly will turn out to be pregnant and Orton will secure his nuclear heel heat by punting her in the abdomen.

Either that or a 20 minute long rear-chinlock.

I was at Raw last night. It was an enjoyable live experience for the most part. I couldn't believe something that happened late in the show. I was sitting with a couple of friends, one of whom I don't see that often, and we were discussing the show. Now I probably had to raise my voice from time to time, due to us being in a sold out arena with thousands of people yelling and chanting things, and carrying on their own conversations. However, for the most part I wasn't chanting or yelling anything myself. Then, out of nowhere, during the television main event, this cranky looking old man yelled at me for talking. At first I thought he had to be joking. But nope, he was mad that we had been talking. Now if we were at a movie, that would have been one thing, but we were in a sold out sports arena. Later on he was amusing me because our entire section was screaming for HBK to not lay down for JBL, and the fucker was covering his ears.

I think I will remember him as the Wrestling Grinch.

TJ/Harry are being groomed for a new hart foundation gimmick w/ natty...and the E decided they needed more time in FCW as neither have any mic skills what so ever

I mentioned as much. Also both are deemed more than ready in the ring, which is why I think having them join with Orton and Rhodes would be a smart decision. "The Foundation" will fail because neither are "Harts" and Pink and Black is a brutal color scheme to try and pull off in 2008. I think they'd be much better off brought up as a new generation Bulldogs - Harry the powerhouse like his father and TJ the flyer/technician like Dynamite Kid.

I agree 110% that the new bulldogs would work much better :headbang:

What was with all of this Kelly/Orton stuff? I didn't remember hearing anything like that mentioned on the show last night. I guess I need to pay attention more often. It seems like every day, everyone talks about Cena. There is either people who hate him, or people that defend him. It seems like there's hardly anyone who's in the middle. I can't really decide my opinion of Cena, as every week I switch from being apathetic towards him, to then hating him. Last night I definetely hated him during that horrible attempt at comedy in that backstage promo. Thats the exact proof of why people hate Cena.

He's a good performer, a VERY dedicated company man, a merchandising machine, and obviously has a strong passion for the business...he just wrestling lacks ability when he steps through the ropes which isn't everything in this business, but it sure as heck helps when you're the top dog

Theone did you read any of our posts rebutting your stupid "cena can't work" argument? It's not a viable opinion anymore. Cena is not only not bad in the ring, he's damn good. Go back and read my original post and watch the matches I instructed you to.

It's fixing to be 2009 and there are still idiots who think Cena can't work. God Damn.

And Cena doesn't write his own material, so hating him based on that shows how unanalytic the "smarks" of the world really are

I seriously HATE the "Cena does not write his own material, so you can't hate on him"-Comment. If thats a argument you can say that for every god damn Wrestler on the Roster. I just think everyone knows that he does not write his own promos anymore, because at the time he did that... he did a pretty good job.

So if I want to say I don't like Cenas promos I'm going to say it, and I don't care if Cena writes his own stuff or not. And yeah, I did not like his promo with Steph at all. Now, the Wrestling part is a lil bit different. It's just personal taste, I guess. I did not like his matches with JBL... (apart from the Hardcore/whatever match), but his match(es) with Shawn Michaels were more than good. He just needs, IMO, a good opponent that makes him shine. And Shawn did a pretty good job at that.

CM Punk is going to be around a really long time. I'm sure he'll get a world title again, eventually.

That being said, I do miss his "fighting champion" thing he had going. I really think that the E could have done more with that before screwing him over.

CM Punk is going to be around a really long time. I'm sure he'll get a world title again, eventually.

That being said, I do miss his "fighting champion" thing he had going. I really think that the E could have done more with that before screwing him over.

I loved the whole thing. It was a surprise because it was something I didn't see coming. I'm glad he held it for as long as he did, but I wish they would have kept it on him longer. I can't complain really though because the guy who got it after him (Chris Jericho) I'm also a huge fan of. I would have loved them to feud over the belt though. Jericho vs Punk feud with both men on the mic would be something fantastic to see.

I'm not worried about him not getting another title shot because he will if he continues to be as over as he is. I just don't want the next one to be as short lived as the first.

What I want to see is a CM Punk Heelturn. I know he gets good reactions (which is... I don't want so say unbelievable, but it is surprising that he is still getting those reactions, despite being Face since his debut) and even seems to be a great Merchandise seller - But I really would like to see a Heel CM Punk with Mic-Time. It would elevate him to another level, IMO.