TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

TSM Universe Talks: Michael Cole

Why do people add images as attachments? Perhaps it's just a minor pet peeve but that always bothers me (probably because I have images and what not turned off so it's even more glaring when these pop up).

He Stole It . . . is one of my favorite Cole-ism. God forbid a heel wins.

I wish Cole would work Monsoon-isms into his commentary. I want to hear people referred to as "the devious one".

Clearly, the time has come to re-campaign for a second referee on the outside during tag team matches.

*raises hand*

He would probably say it's not his fault. It's been said before, but when he's assigned to do commentary and he just comments on what he sees and tries to insert some humour, he's great. A great example of this was the "Showdown at Shea" commentary he did with Foley for WWE 24/7. His commentary with Tazz on the 2002 "Global Warning" DVD from Australia is pretty good too.

You know, if Bobby Heenan had returned to the WWF back in 2000 to become the color commentator with Michael Cole on SmackDown!, The Brain could've made Cole alot more listenable.

Hey, at least I'd pay to see that.

post-11229-1231310802_thumb.jpg

Did anyone else catch this Poster from Monday Night Raw?

"Nick Hogan Drove me here?" That's pretty funny!

They actually did a tight close up of the sign as ECW started last night. I was shocked.

And a dream match for Cole to call would probably be Edge vs Orton.

He would probably say it's not his fault. It's been said before, but when he's assigned to do commentary and he just comments on what he sees and tries to insert some humour, he's great. A great example of this was the "Showdown at Shea" commentary he did with Foley for WWE 24/7. His commentary with Tazz on the 2002 "Global Warning" DVD from Australia is pretty good too.

Yea, Cole was awesome on the Shea show. Comments like " as Burl Ives looks on at ringside" and my favorite, during the Andre/Hulk match "As the men in leasure suits look concerned " Cole is truly limited by Psycho Vince on the headset.

For someone on the outside looking in, it's a little puzzling how bland Michael Cole has kept his job for so long while similarly uninteresting commentators like Kevin Kelly have fallen by the wayside. I guess Vince McMahon sees Cole as a slightly updated version of his own commentating character, and somehow does not regard that as a bad thing. But, man, Michael Cole is awful. I do like it when he refers to Kofi Kingston as "the affable Jamaican," though.

He Stole It . . . is one of my favorite Cole-ism. God forbid a heel wins.

I wish Cole would work Monsoon-isms into his commentary. I want to hear people referred to as "the devious one".

It'd be awesome to hear Cole gripe about how certain moves are "not all that well executed." And getting on the asses of the wrestlers who neglect to hook a leg. Or bitching about how a ref should stick a hand in there and make sure it's not a choke.

Vince would have a stroke.

For someone on the outside looking in, it's a little puzzling how bland Michael Cole has kept his job for so long while similarly uninteresting commentators like Kevin Kelly have fallen by the wayside. I guess Vince McMahon sees Cole as a slightly updated version of his own commentating character, and somehow does not regard that as a bad thing. But, man, Michael Cole is awful. I do like it when he refers to Kofi Kingston as "the affable Jamaican," though.

Michael Cole has something to say to you...

Is "just what is ___ and ___'s relationship!?" a Cole-ism, or am I imagining that?

To be fair to Cole you could probably make one of those bingo cards up for 95% of wrestling commentators ever quite easily.

Is "just what is ___ and ___'s relationship!?" a Cole-ism, or am I imagining that?

To be fair to Cole you could probably make one of those bingo cards up for 95% of wrestling commentators ever quite easily.

There should have been one for Adamle before he left.

Michael Cole has something to say to you...

Oh. My. God.

Even without the language, if he was half that intense and genuine on Raw, he'd be the greatest wrestling announcer ever.

Monsoon could definitely have one. It would just be awesome.

A tremendous ovation from this capacity crowd! They're hanging from the rafters! The people are standing in unison! (Funny note: I thought "Unison" was the name of a city the WWF was running the show in).

This was linked from the above video and amused me:

This is totally off-topic, but I don't get why they didn't do the two referees thing when Monsoon became on-air President. Even as a one-off gag. He had that runner going for damn near ten years on commentary. The guy gets power and suddenly he forgets all about it? Come on.

Tazz could easily stretch to one. Does he still refer to Great Khali as "very suavé bowla!"? I use that all time.

post-11229-1231310802_thumb.jpg

Did anyone else catch this Poster from Monday Night Raw?

That needs to be on a shirt pronto.