TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Overseas Folder

What should happen with the Wrestling Folders?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen with the folders?

• Merge Overseas/Independent with TNA
    • Merge Overseas/Independent with General Wrestling
    • Delete Overseas/Independent, merge TNA with General Wrestling
    • Get rid of any non-WWE discussion and make it just WWE, MMA, and Other
    • Replace the entire wrestling section with a picture of La Parka

Whoah motherfucking whoah.

What tool is attempting to lump pro wrestling into the same folder as MMA?

He's not, just lumping it into the same section, which it already is.

Also, haha mucking with folders and threads, so funny. Put it back.

Guest Czech please!

Nobody's suggesting anything be done with the MMA folder and nothing's going to be done with the MMA folder.

I wouldn't be averse to moving it up to the flagship spot where the WWE folder was, though, but that's up to you guys.

Whoah motherfucking whoah.

What tool is attempting to lump pro wrestling into the same folder as MMA?

I don't think anyone is planning to touch the MMA folder. We're talking about the fake stuff here.

TNA's established itself as a national wrestling brand, and I think should be given its own folder.

Who cares? So what if they've "established" themselves, it doesn't mean that it deserves a folder. It receives a mild amount of activity and is, at best, like the tenth most used folder on the site. Actually, it's probably not even close to that high.

It's not like this a wrestling forum anymore. We don't have to give respect to some two-bit promotion because we started out talking wrestling years ago. It's just preservation for preservation's sake.

Also, haha mucking with folders and threads, so funny. Put it back.

Just go back through your old posts for now. I already PWN3D this hussy who was complaining about folk landing on caskets and shit. And that's on the real.

Naw, I was really nice about it.

Who cares? So what if they've "established" themselves, it doesn't mean that it deserves a folder. It receives a mild amount of activity and is, at best, like the tenth most used folder on the site. Actually, it's probably not even close to that high.

It generates solid traffic, but it's a folder that mainly got megathreaded it looks like, probably because of the Random Thoughts thread. I think discussion can easily get going there again, just like Venk did a good job undoing the CTDWAT mess in the WWE folder, I think it can be done in the TNA folder.

It's not like this a wrestling forum anymore.

I love how people feel the need to try and run away from the fact that wrestling was once (and still is discussed here). Get over yourselves. That's not directed at you cheech, but others who act embarassed that a fake sport is discussed here.

We don't have to give respect to some two-bit promotion

My point is that it's not a two-bit promotion.

I wouldn't be averse to moving it up to the flagship spot where the WWE folder was, though, but that's up to you guys.

No, let's not do this.

It generates solid traffic, but it's a folder that mainly got megathreaded it looks like, probably because of the Random Thoughts thread. I think discussion can easily get going there again, just like Venk did a good job undoing the CTDWAT mess in the WWE folder, I think it can be done in the TNA folder.

When Dandy and I first took over last year we briefly discussed axing the whole folder. Instead, we did the same thing that we did with the WWE folder: closed CWDWAT and spun off all the existing conversation into their own threads. Unlike WWE, this didn't really work out. Again we talked about getting rid of the folder. Someone (Bps21?) said that if they had a month to work on discussion topics they could get the place going again. That didn't work either. Alas, I quit like days later so there was no resolution. Let's just say that what you are proposing has been tried before and it failed due to lack of interest.

Maybe TNA has improved and there are folder regulars who want that section to survive. I truthfully don't know. I don't have the pulse of that area one way or the other.

When Dandy and I first took over last year we briefly discussed axing the whole folder.

I can't believe that was even discussed. That's terrible. The board's attitude to the people who like wrestling is one of the few, if any, things I hate about TSM.

Unlike WWE, this didn't really work out. Again we talked about getting rid of the folder. Someone (Bps21?) said that if they had a month to work on discussion topics they could get the place going again. That didn't work either. Alas, I quit like days later so there was no resolution. Let's just say that what you are proposing has been tried before and it failed due to lack of interest.

There's a Random Thoughts thread, which is essentially CTDWAT, so the problem is continuing. It has a core group of posters, all of whom seem to enjoy posting there. I don't like when people who never venture into the folder suddenly walk in and say: Okay, let's change it up, without any input from the folder denizens. Same thing happened to the 24-7 stuff.

Let it be, and let the posters who enjoy talking TNA have their own folder. It looks like that's what people in the poll are deciding anyway. 3 folders devoted to wrestling, that will really make the people who post here feel down about themselves!

Maybe TNA has improved and there are folder regulars who want that section to survive. I truthfully don't know. I don't have the pulse of that area one way or the other.

That's the problem right there. How can you decide anything if you haven't been paying attention to it? Just because YOU don't think the wrestling folders matter doesn't mean that others don't and come here mostly for that. I'd be for having WWE, TNA and a General folder for everything else, but maybe it would be a better idea to actually ask the people that are active over there what they think?

(Oh God, I sound like Bob now. I don't wanna feel like this!)

I'm in favor of maybe merging Other Indies with General Wrestling, but that's it. Otherwise, there's no problem that needs fixing.

And how long is this La Parka thing going to last? Are we seriously preventing posters from boarding about WWE for the sake of a few guffaws? Lame, really lame.

I'm in favor of maybe merging Other Indies with General Wrestling, but that's it. Otherwise, there's no problem that needs fixing.

And how long is this La Parka thing going to last? Are we seriously preventing posters from boarding about WWE for the sake of a few guffaws? Lame, really lame.

Holy shit, alkeiper and I agree on something!

Guest Czech please!
Are we seriously preventing posters from boarding about WWE for the sake of a few guffaws?

did it for the lulz, not the guffaws

Replace the entire wrestling section with a picture of La Parka [ 12 ] [38.71%]

will of the peeps

When Dandy and I first took over last year we briefly discussed axing the whole folder.

I can't believe that was even discussed. That's terrible. The board's attitude to the people who like wrestling is one of the few, if any, things I hate about TSM.

Oh, get over yourself. It had nothing to with disdain for wrestling fans. Being new to the job, we took a look at everything. Merging TNA and indies was just something under consideration. You act like I'm just some asshole sitting in my room bitching about TNA. It's not like that at all.

Random thoughts was meant to for non-thread stuff. If discussion crept up, I'd spin it off into its own topic (you know, the very thing you praised Venk for). I'm just pointing out that it never worked and now it's gotten out of hand again. Besides, as you know, I have no power whatsover. I'm not changing anything. We are just talking here.

Unlike WWE, this didn't really work out. Again we talked about getting rid of the folder. Someone (Bps21?) said that if they had a month to work on discussion topics they could get the place going again. That didn't work either. Alas, I quit like days later so there was no resolution. Let's just say that what you are proposing has been tried before and it failed due to lack of interest.

That's the problem right there. How can you decide anything if you haven't been paying attention to it? Just because YOU don't think the wrestling folders matter doesn't mean that others don't and come here mostly for that. I'd be for having WWE, TNA and a General folder for everything else, but maybe it would be a better idea to actually ask the people that are active over there what they think?

I said I didn't have the pulse on the folder, which basically meant that we should ask those who use it. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

I don't use the TNA folder much, but I'm not advocating its removal simply because of that. I just wonder if it's necessary. Like I post about MLB a lot in Sports. Do we need a separate folder for MLB discussion? No we don't. I don't see this as being much different. We don't have to keep TNA just because it's always been there. Let's think outside the box. But again, I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I don't have the power to do anything, nor would I even if I had said power.

I've never understood why this keeps coming up. Does someone save money if there's less folders? Or is it somehow going to attract new visitors? What's the point of changing the folders except to annoy the people that DO use them?

And how does the comics folder and it's 2 threads keep suriving contraction talks?

He's not blameless in all of this!

Why is this even a discussion? If people are worried the Indy folder isn't getting enough attention, just merge it with the General Wrestling folder and call it General Pro Wrestling talk. I don't understand why there's even talk about closing the WWE or TNA folder, it makes no sense at all.

I've never understood why this keeps coming up. Does someone save money if there's less folders? Or is it somehow going to attract new visitors? What's the point of changing the folders except to annoy the people that DO use them?

It might attract new visitors. My beef has always been that the most active folders should go at the top of the page. As for the number of folders, I don't think there is an exact number that we need, but it shouldn't be cumbersome. The site should be organized in a way that all the folders are easily accessible. New people who don't bother to scroll down never see that there is a whole other board below wrestling.

And how does the comics folder and it's 2 threads keep suriving contraction talks

I mentioned it in this thread! I've wanted comics gone, or at least merged into a Literature folder forever. Having a whole folder for one thread is so not needed.

Why is this even a discussion? If people are worried the Indy folder isn't getting enough attention, just merge it with the General Wrestling folder and call it General Pro Wrestling talk. I don't understand why there's even talk about closing the WWE or TNA folder, it makes no sense at all.

These things get out of hand in such a hurry. No one's getting rid of anything. People have been asking about getting rid of indies and that seems to be the popular opinion of the board. Subsequently, we are left with a few options for the top of the forum:

A. As is

B. WWE, TNA & Indies, General

C. WWE, TNA, General & Indies

D. WWE, General (with TNA, indies)

That's it! That's all were discussing. No one's getting rid of wrestling from this board, no one's ending TNA talk, nada. It's just housekeeping talk.

I need to go bed. I'm going to be labeled a grouch forever.

I was making a joke about the comics thread.

Just move the wresling folders down the board. People might bitch but we'll all get used to it sooner or later. With the Center Stage thing on top now it's the first thing you see anyway.

Guest Czech please!

Okay, I'm merging Overseas & Independents into General Wrestling. RIP, another vestige of Scott Keith regime.

I'm also bringing back the WWE folder. The lulz were had.

The site should be organized in a way that all the folders are easily accessible. New people who don't bother to scroll down never see that there is a whole other board below wrestling.

On most monitors, it takes about 5 seconds to scroll to the bottom. If you are too lazy to do THAT, you don't deserve a computer, let alone the ability to post.

Honestly the Wrestling stuff should just be farther down the board. Like when you go to a store and they put all the shit you might actually want in the back so you have to walk past other shit that you might buy. Anyone who comes here for the wrestling folder will scroll down to use them.

Oh, get over yourself. It had nothing to with disdain for wrestling fans. Being new to the job, we took a look at everything. Merging TNA and indies was just something under consideration. You act like I'm just some asshole sitting in my room bitching about TNA. It's not like that at all.

The fact that you considered immediately exing a folder I think was wrong.

Random thoughts was meant to for non-thread stuff. If discussion crept up, I'd spin it off into its own topic (you know, the very thing you praised Venk for). I'm just pointing out that it never worked and now it's gotten out of hand again. Besides, as you know, I have no power whatsover. I'm not changing anything. We are just talking here.

I know you have no power. I'm aware. I think the folder is fine, as the TNA posters seem to enjoy their own space. It's all good in the hood.

It might attract new visitors. My beef has always been that the most active folders should go at the top of the page. As for the number of folders, I don't think there is an exact number that we need, but it shouldn't be cumbersome. The site should be organized in a way that all the folders are easily accessible. New people who don't bother to scroll down never see that there is a whole other board below wrestling.

As PK said, the folders are very easily accessible. Touching the little knob in the middle of the mouse and flicking it down, the whole board is at my fingertips! Anyone who can't do that, probably won't be boarding hard. Or even medicore!

As bps was saying, I don't think one little folder for fans of TNA to discuss anything is really a big deal, nor it will discourage discussion.

The site should be organized in a way that all the folders are easily accessible. New people who don't bother to scroll down never see that there is a whole other board below wrestling.

On most monitors, it takes about 5 seconds to scroll to the bottom. If you are too lazy to do THAT, you don't deserve a computer, let alone the ability to post.

I was actually one of those people who took a long time to discover that their was more to the board but that was due to mainly clicking the pro wrestling link and only seeing those boards. Is there anyway to just list the folders one after another? I do think the Wrestling folders should be listed first since, you know, it's Pro Wrestling that normally attracts people to TSM.