Sat, Jan. 24

New York @ Philadelphia, 7:00

Orlando @ Miami, 7:30 NBATV

New Jersey @ Memphis, 8:00

Sacramento @ Milwaukee, 8:30

Cleveland @ Utah, 9:00

Washington @ Portland, 10:00

Guest Vitamin X

Greg Oden: Becoming useful! 24 points, a shitload of rebounds. Obviously a career high in points, being that it was his first 20 point game and I was there. Blazers are now 3-0 when I go see them. I'll probably go see some more divisional games this year in that case.

Greg Oden: Becoming useful! 24 points, a shitload of rebounds. Obviously a career high in points, being that it was his first 20 point game and I was there. Blazers are now 3-0 when I go see them. I'll probably go see some more divisional games this year in that case.

Close enough.

What amuses me about the All-Father is that, as inconsistent as his season has been, he still leads his team (a playoff team, no less) in double-doubles.

Guest Vitamin X

Close enough.

What amuses me about the All-Father is that, as inconsistent as his season has been, he still leads his team (a playoff team, no less) in double-doubles.

Wow. Both of those are shocking. But you know what was really incredible about his game last night? He only had two fouls! And one of those came in garbage time, well after Portland had put Milwaukee away. I think he's finally getting the hang of his whole "being a center in the NBA" thing without knocking people over to make your shot.

They're undefeated when I go too, we should work out a visitation schedule, I think.

Guest Smues

Alonzo Morning announced his retirement today. This was a huge shock to me, because I thought he retired like 2 years ago.

He played 25 games last season.

Even though Mourning never played for a team that I really cared about, I did enjoy watching him during the Heat/Knicks rivalry during the late 1990s.

He played 25 games last season.

Even though Mourning never played for a team that I really cared about, I did enjoy watching him during the Heat/Knicks rivalry during the late 1990s.

The Knicks were able to knock out the heat in 98, 99 and the second round in 2000. That helped ease the pain of the fucking NBA suspending half of the Knicks roster in 1997 for leaving the bench. I still cant believe that Ewing was suspended for a game for going to the mid court area to watch the fight which was underneath a basket. It's a fucking shame that Mourning was able to leach and steal a championship with the 06 Heat after the stunt that he pulled in New Jersey.

It's a fucking shame that Mourning was able to leach and steal a championship with the 06 Heat after the stunt that he pulled in New Jersey.

It wasn't just Jersey. He pulled shit in Miami (the first time) and then Toronto after the Jersey trade. He really showed a lack of class in the latter half of his career.

Without Mourning, there's a good chance the Heat don't win that title in '06. There were times during those playoffs that they better off with him on the floor than they were with Shaq. Now, Gary Payton, he stole a ring that year. Mourning earned his ring, regardless of what happened in years prior.

Without Mourning, there's a good chance the Heat don't win that title in '06. There were times during those playoffs that they better off with him on the floor than they were with Shaq. Now, Gary Payton, he stole a ring that year. Mourning earned his ring, regardless of what happened in years prior.

He may have earned it on the floor, but he still spent the last couple of seasons chasing a title, burning plenty of bridges along the way. First, he dumps Miami for Jersey after they pay his full contract during his kidney recovery. Then when Jersey falls off, he demands a trade. He gets a trade to Toronto, where he sits out and refuses to play until they release him (and give him his full salary). Then he bounces back to Miami to join up for the title run with Shaq. That was a fairly despicable turn of events. I don't care for players that turn their backs on organizations so quickly just for a shot at a title.

This is true. Payton following Shaq around the league looking for a ring was pathetic. Even Karl Malone retired with some dignity after the All-Star Laker Experiment came up short. Payton went on to kill some time in Boston, refuse to play for Atlanta, and not contribute much of anything except a warm body to Miami as I recall.

The 06 Heat were a confusing team because D-Wade was awesome and I wanted to cheer for him, but there were so many other unlikeable guys there that I didn't want to win the title.

Magic big-man Howard sets All-Star voting record

ORLANDO, Fla. -- He was the first to dress as Superman to win a dunk contest.

He's now the first player to get 3 million votes from fans.

Yes, the All-Star Game is fast becoming Dwight Howard's personal showcase.

The Orlando Magic center -- who leads the NBA in rebounds, blocked shots and double-doubles -- got a record 3,150,181 votes to lead this season's All-Star team, released Thursday.

The Feb. 15 game in Phoenix will mark the third All-Star trip for Howard, who'll be starting for the second time and easily topped the previous record of 2,558,278 votes collected by Houston center Yao Ming four years ago.

"Wow, what a blessing," said Howard, the 6-foot-11 center who dressed in full Superman regalia, cape and all, on the way to winning last year's slam dunk competition. "That is what I took it as, a blessing from God and then the fans. It's just a great honor and I was surprised, but like always I thank the fans for everything they have done for us."

The final results of fan balloting didn't exactly bring any major surprises.

Miami guard Dwyane Wade (2,741,413) and Detroit guard Allen Iverson (1,804,649) will be in the East's backcourt, alongside reigning All-Star MVP LeBron James of Cleveland (2,940,823) and Boston power forward Kevin Garnett (2,066,833), who beat New Jersey forward Yi Jianlian for the starting nod by 253,004 votes.

Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers (2,805,397) was the West's top vote-getter, and will be joined at guard by New Orleans' Chris Paul (2,134,798). At center, Yao (2,532,958) will start for the sixth time, along with forwards Tim Duncan of San Antonio (2,578,168) and Amare Stoudemire of Phoenix (1,460,429).

Nice to see that Yi didn't taint the game with an undeserved starting nod. It's also interesting that Dwight Howard got that many votes. Amare's total looks really low for a starting player, especially compared to the numbers most of his teammates got.

He may have earned it on the floor, but he still spent the last couple of seasons chasing a title, burning plenty of bridges along the way. First, he dumps Miami for Jersey after they pay his full contract during his kidney recovery. Then when Jersey falls off, he demands a trade. He gets a trade to Toronto, where he sits out and refuses to play until they release him (and give him his full salary). Then he bounces back to Miami to join up for the title run with Shaq. That was a fairly despicable turn of events. I don't care for players that turn their backs on organizations so quickly just for a shot at a title.

I thought it was funny that he signed with Toronto in my NBA 2K9 franchise.

That Boston/Orlando game was pretty good from what I saw. I'm predicting the Lakers blow a 17 point lead to Washington before going on to win by 9 points.

Clippers beat the Thunder last night 107-104

Fun game

Eric Gordon scored 41 points while Durant scored a career high 46.

While this has been the most disappointing season ever for the Clippers (the amount of injuries is just unbelievable) Gordon's play has been the big bright spot. The Clippers are basically sending a NBDL team out there but I must give them credit because they are playing their asses off.

Looks like most of you bozos have never been to a Zo's summer groove in Miami, I've been to III-VI and they've all been spectacular. This lack of respect for Zo is ridiculous, he's done all this charity bullshit, which is enough good karma to not play for some shit teams like Jersey and Toronto. A wise man once said MIAMI WEEEE DAAAA BESSSSSSSSSSSSSST. Now this year the Heat are going to make a run for the championship with Quinn, the REAL best in the world D-Wade, BIG CAT JAAMAL MAGLOIRE, and the rest.

Is that Marc Mero in your sig?

Huge win for the Lakers today, as they win 99-85 over the Spurs. When you throw in their big win over Cleveland- and before anyone says Cleveland had players hurt, so did LA- they are definitely the best team in the league right now.