TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

WWE SmackDown - January 30, 2009

Just caught a bit of Smackdown - You can add Umaga to the list of wrestlers who use injury down time to get (further) inked. His chest and shoulders/upper arms are all covered now. Also given some of the moves he can pull off, you'd think he's have something better than the thumb to the throat as his finisher.

Just caught a bit of Smackdown - You can add Umaga to the list of wrestlers who use injury down time to get (further) inked. His chest and shoulders/upper arms are all covered now. Also given some of the moves he can pull off, you'd think he's have something better than the thumb to the throat as his finisher.

I could settle with him using the diving splash as his finisher.

I've heard several conflisting stories regarding why The Brian Kendrick doesn't get pushed on SD. It's been everything from "he doesn't take the road agent's advice on how to improve his matches, or what to add to them" to "he's failed a marijuana test over a dozen times, and just pays the fine".

If I was a wrestler, I'd work my gimmick out of the ring. I think it only benefits the heel characters for fans to really think they are dirtbags. Edge took off with the whole Lita situation, and Orton shits in a few bags and everybody hates his guts (he also has said in interviews that he works his gimmick with the fans away from the arena). Nobody really knows if New Jack is a crazy sonuvabitch, or working everybody. Kendrick being a pot fiend and not listening to management helps propagates the idea that he is Pillman-esque, a comparison Jim Ross has mentioned a few times both on his blog and during broadcasts I believe. Just make sure you don't get yourself fired. Insult fans and don't give autographs - they'll run on the internet and all of a sudden you're a big asshole.