TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

VH1 Trash TV Compendium

A couple of friends were in town about a week ago. While hanging out on Saturday night having some beers, we ended up watching about 5 hours of god awful "reality" television shows on VH1. Now, I hardly ever pay attention to these programs, but I know they're popular. Well, now I can see why. The train wreck appeal is off the charts.

So, is anyone else watching, or am I representing the lowest common denominator here? Let's talk about your favorite shit shows from America's most worthless network.

Here are few of my favorites:

Rock of Love Skankbus

Ok, I added the skank part. This one is total unintentional comedy from start to finish. Here are 10 or so of the sluttiest skanks VH1 could find following a washed-up 80s rock star on his "tour" or the US. First of all, Bret Michaels still performs? And people pay to see him? These girls throw themselves at a guy that had his last hit record before most of them were born. Great stuff.

Celebrity Rehab Sober House

I recommend this show for one reason: Steven Adler. The former GNR drummer is probably the most fucked up rock star I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot. The concept is a bunch of "celebrities" (and that term should only be used in the loosest sense here) fresh out of rehab are placed in a sober living house. Well, two episodes in and we have two heroin-fueled relapses by stroke-addled Steven Adler. If he doesn't end up dead by the time this series runs it course I'll be surprised.

Tool Academy

This is the lamest of the shows I've seen, but the concept is great. They went out and rounded up a bunch of fratboy faggots with lame haircuts and roided-out frames and told them there were going for the title of "Mr. Awesome." In reality, their girlfriends sent them to a "tool academy" to transform them from walking disasters into contributing members of society. Weak show, but laughing at these assholes is never not funny.

These shows make me sad if I watch them for a while. It baffles and offends me as a human being that there are other non-handicapped members of my species behaving like this. Way too many of my friends watch it too. The ex thought Bret Michaels was "OHMIGAWD the SEXIEST man."

My buddy had a great idea that he thought they should employ on this type of programming. Any time someone is talking, they should flash their IQ at the bottom of the screen. This would give us some sort of reference point for the retardation that these people show on a consistent basis.

You need to ad MTV to the headline as well. I have a guilty pleasure for A Double Shot at Love. I think the Ikki Twins are beyond sexy. Plus Real World is always good for trash tv especially since they have a transgender on the cast this year.

This is the lamest of the shows I've seen, but the concept is great. They went out and rounded up a bunch of fratboy faggots with lame haircuts and roided-out frames and told them there were going for the title of "Mr. Awesome." In reality, their girlfriends sent them to a "tool academy" to transform them from walking disasters into contributing members of society. Weak show, but laughing at these assholes is never not funny.

You forgot to mention that one of them was dating two girls at once. His gf of 6 months got replaced in the house by his gf of 6 years and she still wanted to be with him and make things work. If you want to believe that it is "reality".

While watching the Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez RocDoc last night, I saw a commercial for an upcoming "_____ of Love" series featuring some black guy I've never heard of. Can somebody (possibly Byron the Bulb) please identify that black guy for me?

Flavor of Love is one of the few things I've ever seen on television that actually made me angry. I mean, it was basically a minstrel show. Ughh.

Can somebody (possibly Byron the Bulb) please identify that black guy for me?

Apparently Ray J (aka Brandy's less talented brother/ the guy who fucked Kim Kardashian on videotape) has on of those shows coming out soon, so that's probably who it was.

While watching the Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez RocDoc last night, I saw a commercial for an upcoming "_____ of Love" series featuring some black guy I've never heard of. Can somebody (possibly Byron the Bulb) please identify that black guy for me?

It could be the Ray J thing, but you might be thinking of Real Chance at Love. I've never seen said show, but I consulted my VH1-watching friend. He informed me that the two gentlemen on this show are holdovers from a show called "I Love New York." New York, in turn, was originally a contestant on Flavor of Love. So now VH1 is actively recycling the losers from their dating shows for new dating shows. It's like a retarded Bachelor.

You need to ad MTV to the headline as well. I have a guilty pleasure for A Double Shot at Love. I think the Ikki Twins are beyond sexy. Plus Real World is always good for trash tv especially since they have a transgender on the cast this year.

MTV trash is way better than VH1 trash. Parental Control is incredible.

I don't understand the Double Shot at Love show. If you "win", do you date both twins? Are there two winners, one for each twin? It's very confusing since everyone just seems to hook up with each other.

It was indeed Ray J that I was thinking of. So who is Kim Kardashian? I'm aware that she was at some point linked with Heisman Trophy winner and NFL bust Reggie Bush and also that she had some sort of awful reality show on E!, but I'm not exactly sure who she is.

It was indeed Ray J that I was thinking of. So who is Kim Kardashian? I'm aware that she was at some point linked with Heisman Trophy winner and NFL bust Reggie Bush and also that she had some sort of awful reality show on E!, but I'm not exactly sure who she is.

Well, that about sums it up.

You only forgot that she was friends with Paris Hilton for a while.

But how do you get a reality show if no one knows who you are? I think that this is the problem I'm having here. Don't tell me that she got the E! show because she fucked Ray J, and that he in turn eventually got this reality show for having fucked her.

Her dad was one of OJ's lawyers. And her step-dad is Bruce Jenner.

Really? And to think that I could have been watching a show about Bruce Jenner's step-daughter all this time. Has she used her dubious fame to try to insinuate herself into the more respected areas of entertainment, a la Paris Hilton? I wouldn't think that you could coast on having a big ass and fucking 3rd string running backs all your life and expect to stay famous.

I watch almost all these stupid shows.

T.O is getting a show on VH1 soon. Some Owens therapy session bullshit. I'll watch.

Tool Academy is the best show ever.

Seeing douchebags get humiliated on television is always fun.

I'm usually addicted to these shows as well, but one thing I can't stand (Rock of Love is especially guilty of this) is when half the "girls" are as ugly as sin. Sure, there's some fine ones but damn...the others need to get tossed out immediately.

I've been waiting to discuss these shows on TSM so.......

These shows are my guilty pleasure. Rock of Love/I Love (insert name here) is getting played out, but I love me some Celebrity Rehab/Sober House. I thought Jeff Conaway was the most pathetic shithead on T.V. until Stephen Alder showed up.

I Love (insert name here) jumped the shark when they gave the Stallionaires a season which was a hot ghetto mess. Some of these bitches are so fugly and nasty. I guess it's better than having to make out with Flavor Flav.

The Entertainer needs his own show that chronicles him trying to leave his parents house.

I've been waiting to discuss these show on TSM so.......

These shows are my guilty pleasure. Rock of Love/I Love (insert name here) is getting played out, but I love me some Celebrity Rehab/Sober House. I thought Jeff Conaway was the most pathetic shithead on T.V. until Stephen Alder showed up.

I Love (insert name here) jumped the shark when they gave the Stallionaires a season which was a hot ghetto mess. Some of these bitches are so fugly and nasty. I guess it's better than having to make out with Flavor Flav.

The Entertainer needs his own show that chronicles him trying to leave his parents house.

I believe I read that VH1 gave/offered a bonus to the producers of Flavor of Love if they came up with 16 IP's. Which is why you have all of these spinoffs. I Love Money 2 Stars in a week. And Megan from ROL 2, I Love Money, Charm School 2, Beauty and the Geek is getting her own show as well. It's going to be called Trophy Wife.

I don't understand the Double Shot at Love show. If you "win", do you date both twins? Are there two winners, one for each twin? It's very confusing since everyone just seems to hook up with each other.

I think the 2 girls at the end choose the person that they want to be with and that person decides if she is the one for them. It is confusing but the two twins are so fucking hot.

They need to bring back the SURREAL LIFE.

I used to watch these shows more when I worked Monday nights. We would watch VH1 all night, but I don't have time for them anymore.

Mr. Boston certainly needs his own show!