TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

52-10-11 for Lebron in the Garden tonight. You have to watch the Knicks play good teams these days, you never know who's going to go off for huge numbers. I can't wait to see the Celtics come in on Friday.

Good to see a ton of ticky-tack fouls called on the Celtics, but then when Ray Allen is shoved to the floor trying to hit the game-winner there's no call. Oh well Lakers, you can win the season series all you want. Who got the rings last year? Don't think it'll be a cakewalk this year either, especially without Bynum. You're not going to get every call in the Finals.

God I hate Pau Gasol. Just looking at that vulture like face annoys me, and then when he celebrates it just boils my blood more. The Lakers have more annoying Euro-douches than any other team.

Good to see a ton of ticky-tack fouls called on the Celtics, but then when Ray Allen is shoved to the floor trying to hit the game-winner there's no call. Oh well Lakers, you can win the season series all you want. Who got the rings last year? Don't think it'll be a cakewalk this year either, especially without Bynum. You're not going to get every call in the Finals.

God I hate Pau Gasol. Just looking at that vulture like face annoys me, and then when he celebrates it just boils my blood more. The Lakers have more annoying Euro-douches than any other team.

Shut up.

Shut up.

Bite me.

So I guess Elton Brand to Philly turned out to be one of the WORST offseason moves based on this season alone. Oops.

The words that comes to mind are

suck it, Boston

Yes, suck it Boston. I mean you just lost two meaningless regular season games to the Lakers. So go on and suck it. It's not like you totally fell apart and looked like complete pansies in the finals only to get blown out by 40 points in a must-win game 6.........oh wait a minute.

I don't know why you would defend a city you don't even live in or near to.

Especially when you have another team right in your backyard. Whatever though.

I don't know why you would defend a city you don't even live in or near to.

Especially when you have another team right in your backyard. Whatever though.

Well.......because A: The Celtics are my favorite team and B........the Celtics are my favorite team. Having the Sonics suddenly set up shop and change their name isn't really going to change that fact.

I don't know why the hell Pierce threw it to Baby a second time at the end, the first time was a big enough dodged bullet. Hopefully this isn't the last meeting for these two teams.

No one gives a shit about last year anymore.

I do. The Lakers fans have been acting like their hot shit and they've never lost to Boston. They're acting like they've been spanking Boston for years upon years now. When they forget that it was less than a year ago when Boston was handing them their ass and winning the title. That's why I bring up last year because the Lakers fans I've talked to (remember, there are people outside this MB, so don't give me the standard "Who says that?" BS) are about to float away from the size of their heads.

They, ESPN, and probably the Lakers themselves, need to come back to Earth and realize that these are two meaningless regular season games and we don't know how either team will react when the pressure is on in a Finals Series. All we have to judge off of is last year, where the Celtics completely manhandled the Lakers down the stretch.

But, whatever. I'll let the Lakers and their fans enjoy the wins. We'll see what happens in the Finals.

We will see what happens in a Lakers vs. Cavaliers series. The Celtics don't have the depth nor the desire to get back to the Finals.

This is a "what are you doing for me now" league. Last season is last season. Here and now, the Lakers are the best team in the league. When they have played the Celtics, they have beaten them, even when a man short. Quite simple.

Guest Smues

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that the Lakers are taking the title this year, but stranger things have happened.

but then when Ray Allen is shoved to the floor trying to hit the game-winner there's no call.

Haha. I didn't see the game, but while watching the recap, it was obvious nothing happened here.

No one gives a shit about last year anymore.

I do. The Lakers fans have been acting like their hot shit and they've never lost to Boston. They're acting like they've been spanking Boston for years upon years now. When they forget that it was less than a year ago when Boston was handing them their ass and winning the title. That's why I bring up last year because the Lakers fans I've talked to (remember, there are people outside this MB, so don't give me the standard "Who says that?" BS) are about to float away from the size of their heads.

They, ESPN, and probably the Lakers themselves, need to come back to Earth and realize that these are two meaningless regular season games and we don't know how either team will react when the pressure is on in a Finals Series. All we have to judge off of is last year, where the Celtics completely manhandled the Lakers down the stretch.

But, whatever. I'll let the Lakers and their fans enjoy the wins. We'll see what happens in the Finals.

Damn right we'll enjoy this win. And we will enjoy home-court advantage in the Finals, but only if you get past Cleveland, buddy. Two meaningless regular season games, right? Last year is history Dama, all that matters in 2-0 against the Celtics this season, and one win was without Bynum on your floor.

LOL at Dama pulling the ESPN card against the Lakers.

Guest Vitamin X

Suck it, LA and Boston. Portland's gonna go all the way this year as long as they don't play Dallas.

Alright, that's what I'm talking about. Talk shit all you want Lakers fans. We'll see what happens if they play in the finals. It's a whole different ball game. I seem to remember the Lakers fans thinking they were a better team that was going to have a cakewalk last season too....hmmm.......we'll see.

Perhaps my hatred of everything from LA is clouding my vision, but I still say the Finals are a different game than the regular season.

I just can't stand any of those euro-pansies on the Lakers team. Nor can I stand Lamar Odom. I'd probably like Kobe if he wasn't playing for LA. But Vujajic, Gasol, Farmar and especially Walton could fall off the face of the earth and I wouldn't care.

but then when Ray Allen is shoved to the floor trying to hit the game-winner there's no call.

Haha. I didn't see the game, but while watching the recap, it was obvious nothing happened here.

No shit. He was barely even touched.

I was amazed they won getting to the line as little as they did, and shooting as badly from the line as they did. Kobe only ever got to the line 4 times.

Doc Rivers, not surprisingly, is pointing the finger at anyone but his team, saying that the Lakers got the benefit of the doubt from the refs when things got chippy. The whole reason the game went to OT in the first place was due to the refs falling for all of Pierce's flip-flop bullshit whenever he drove to the basket, and sending him to the line a thousand times. I also loved listening to ESPN Radio this morning, as they're basically trying to spin it as "yeah, the Celtics got chippy, but they were just retaliating to the bullying from the big, bad Lakers."

I don't know about anyone else here, but I was digging it when Odom got up in Garnett's face. It's about time that guy showed a little fire. The Celtics have been bullying other teams around ALL YEAR, and have ALWAYS gotten the benefit of the doubt ("Garnett's just so intense, that's just the way he is!"). It's about time another team stood up to them, even if it is the Lakers.

Doc Rivers, not surprisingly, is pointing the finger at anyone but his team, saying that the Lakers got the benefit of the doubt from the refs when things got chippy.

I'd go ahead and lay the blame on Doc Rivers himself. While I'm not one for agreeing with national color commentary, they were spot-on last night when questioning why Doc went with Davis and Perkins down the stretch, especially with Powe and House having good games.

I'll say this- the playoffs are going to be a lot of fun to watch this year, no matter who's there.

Two nice performances by the Lakers against the the Celtics, but they were still regular season games; they don't mean that much. In a seven game series, I'd still take Boston or Cleveland over LA, but it's still very early to be making these sort of prognostications.

Mo Williams got snubbed again. It's not that Ray Allen isn't deserving, but Williams, as a PG from a top-tier team, was such an obvious replacement for Jameer Nelson. It's quite odd that Cleveland is only sending one All-Star this year.

I don't think the Lakers will be making the finals at all actually. Maybe the conference finals.

Good point. I think the Lakers are still the best in the West, but it's going to be tough to get past San Antonio. The Lakers might not have won that series last year with a healthy Ginobli and SA has only gotten better this season.

Regardless, the finals in both conferences are going to be epic this year.

And who is going to beat the Lakers in the Western Conference Playoffs? San Antonio?

Anyways after the Game 6 beatdown, this game meant more than the Christmas Day game. Yes it was a regular season game and in the grand scheme of things it is one out of 82 for my team. But, this win does a lot of things for the Lakers. For now, they have the best record in the NBA, by percentage points mind you. Beating Boston is Boston, without Andrew Bynum, is huge. Plus it was the backside of a back to back. Not saying the Lakers have erased Game 6, but if the Lakers and Boston finish tied, it will be nice to have home-court in the Finals, something that is essential to the Lakers winning in June. So this game did had some meaning if you like Lakers.

Now onto the Cavs to try a break yet another streak.