TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

NHL Thread

This is a little late, but that Kings game on Monday was... well, it was something. They only ended up losing in the shootout and got a point out of it, but the Kings shouldn't be allowing 7 goals to fucking Atlanta, especially 3 in the first 9 minutes. It wasn't really Quick's fault, either; the team was playing like ass for half the game. It's like they play up or down to their opponent's level depending on who they're facing.

Also, I know Terry Murray shuffles the lines around seemingly on a game by game basis, but why the hell is Denis Gauthier on the first line? Yes, he did score a goal- his first in over 3 years- but he's such a shitty defenseman. With Cloutier and LaBarbera gone, Gauthier, Armstrong, and Kyle Calder are really the only players on the team I dislike.

I'm not sure what's happening to me, but I think I'm becoming a Washington Capitals fan. I love Ovechkin and Brashear, and Green is awesome. Of course I despise them when the Flyers play them, but I find myself being legitimately happy when I hear Ovechkin scored or they won, especially against an Eastern conference team. I did despise them last year in the playoffs but respected how they bounced back after such a poor start. I also love the new (old) logo and look. I hated the Eagle-type logo (but I love the Philadelphia Eagle one, go figure). Should I consider myself a Washington Capitals fan?

Yes, he did score a goal- his first in over 3 years- but he's such a shitty defenseman. With Cloutier and LaBarbera gone, Gauthier, Armstrong, and Kyle Calder are really the only players on the team I dislike.

Gauthier being a shitty defenseman is in some ways a misnomer. He's better than quite a few of the players who get played as the 6th defensemen currently in the league. I don't see any reason to dislike Army or Calder, so I'm assuming you post or read a Kings messageboard somewhere out there. I have over 6500 posts at HFboards, but I don't buy into the mob mentality. There's some players I dislike. I'm sure they aren't players any Kings fan would mention either. Ersberg's one of them.

Calder's been good ever since being put on a line with Stoll and Brown. Good enough to make me wonder if we should bring him back on the cheap next year.

I'm not sure what's happening to me, but I think I'm becoming a Washington Capitals fan. I love Ovechkin and Brashear, and Green is awesome. Of course I despise them when the Flyers play them, but I find myself being legitimately happy when I hear Ovechkin scored or they won, especially against an Eastern conference team. I did despise them last year in the playoffs but respected how they bounced back after such a poor start. I also love the new (old) logo and look. I hated the Eagle-type logo (but I love the Philadelphia Eagle one, go figure). Should I consider myself a Washington Capitals fan?

My friend became obsessed with hockey this year and he bleeds Caps hockey so I've been following them because of him- I've seen them twice this year, Ovi is unreal live.

Ha, we did too. I know the Canucks will get into the playoffs. I've been rooting for them for a while. That leaves three spots.

However, seeing as they aren't playing any Western teams for a bit, I want them to go on a nice losing streak. Then we can catch up.

Edmonton plays Dallas tomorrow, and there's nothing good about that one.

Ha, we did too. I know the Canucks will get into the playoffs. I've been rooting for them for a while. That leaves three spots.

However, seeing as they aren't playing any Western teams for a bit, I want them to go on a nice losing streak. Then we can catch up.

Edmonton plays Dallas tomorrow, and there's nothing good about that one.

I'm rooting for Dallas. Edmonton winning would give them 30 wins, and a tiebreaker advantage. Of course knowing my luck, Edmonton will win in OT so everyone loses.

Columbus plays Toronto tomorrow, so...yep.

The Nucks just went on a nice losing streak, I don't need any more suicide attempts. They have games against Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal and Tampa next, I'm hoping they can do well and solidify the playoff spot.

Yeah, but that's in Toronto. Flying to the second part of a back-to-back isn't very good. We'll be going down along with the Jackets.

Musings:

*I must have been drunk a few weeks ago, because I have no idea with this logo tattooed on my arm is supposed to represent.

* I also hate Pierre McGuire.

* I can't remember being more impressed by a save than Kipper's Tuesday night.

* Two very good games last night and tonight in Calgary/Landover - I'm really looking forward to more of it Saturday on Hockey Day In Canada, which is always a good day of television. Edmonton-Calgary should be a great game, with the bad blood already there, but playoff positioning becoming very, very tense.

Oh, wait. I said"fuck hockey" Sunday night. I stick by that. Forget everything I just wrote.

Montreal played pretty well, but the team laid an egg in the shootout. They must have thought it was an after game practice or something.

Babcock needs to keep Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line. They are too good together and lately Hossa seems to be playing better on the second line. Speaking of Hossa, it was funny seeing him fight last night. I hope Franzen can stay healthy because he makes them that much better.

Hossa is playing with Flip and Hudler, right? That's a pretty good line for him, as his hustle can offset some of Hudler's defensive failings. Plus, two scorers for a playmaker like Jiri is exactly what he needs.

Franzen's goal in the last game was underrated. It didn't even make the ESPN Game Clips, but it took a lot of poise and concentration to pull that puck back in and get that goal standing between 4 Nashville defenders.

Hey, two fun interviews with Pavel Datsyuk.

"Don't touch my dream with your dirty hands!" will be on Datsyuk signs everywhere.

I just read those yesterday, tremendous stuff. Even with his limited English he has a great sense of humor. Also Hossa seems to mostly play with Hudler and Franzen but as you know Babcock likes to mix it up.

Hey, two fun interviews with Pavel Datsyuk.

"Don't touch my dream with your dirty hands!" will be on Datsyuk signs everywhere.

I just read those yesterday, tremendous stuff. Even with his limited English he has a great sense of humor. Also Hossa seems to mostly play with Hudler and Franzen but as you know Babcock likes to mix it up.

Actually those are translated back from Russian. Of course, Russian doesn't always give clear translations to English.

And I think Star Ocean is just following the Burke-wagon since the Ducks are having a rather uninspiring season.