TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

Seeing how sivy is making up a pick that expired at 2:31 A.M.....does this technically mean that tominator's pick expired about ten minutes ago? Got my pick ready, just waiting for some confirmation.

Can't really blame anybody for missing a pick at this time (late Saturday night/early Sunday morning)

Alright then...I've decided that I'm going to start a women's division and I better start now with some very good picks still left on the board. With my first pick, I'm going to pick two women who were feuding when I was starting to get into wrestling and to this day, the two produced some of the best women's matches I've seen (granted I haven't seen any SHIMMER or Japanese stuff).

My first pick is a great multifaceted character. She can be a good heel manager (which I'm surprised she hadn't been picked as yet) or an All American girl babyface wrestler. I'm actually going to use her as the latter. She was also part of one of the pivotal moments in The Monday Night Wars (even though her later WCW runs really kind of sucked). She's a three time WWF Women's Champion, a former AWA World Women's Champion, a*coughFUCKVINCERUSSOcough* former WCW Cruiserweight Champion, and was PWI's Rookie of The Year in 1988. She is...

16.jpg

Alundra Blayze

Yeah I know this is a picture of Madusa. Just simply couldn't resist the gratuitous T and A.

Now her opponent is one of the biggest female stars out of Japan and another gal I'm a bit surprised hasn't been picked. She terrified a six year old King Kamala and she was a better wrestler than a good portion of the men on the roster of WWF circa '94. She's a former WWF Women's Champion, a former WWWA World Heavyweight Champion, a former WWWA World Tag Team Champion, a former CMLL World Women's Champion, and a member of The Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame. With my next pick, I'm proud to select...

02.jpg

Bull Nakano

And now for some more gratuitous T and A.

17.jpg

03.jpg

tna-wrestling.jpg

Apologies for that lame joke...let's move on!

No, it was supposed to be the TNA logo. Man, looking at her Online World of Wrestling picture gallery, Madusa really should have never gotten that boob and nose job. That was probably the shark jumping moment of her career.

Hey here's a fun fact for you guys about Bull Nakano. Did you know after she retired she lost a ton of weight and became a professional women's golfer?

No, it was supposed to be the TNA logo. Man, looking at her Online World of Wrestling picture gallery, Madusa really should have never gotten that boob and nose job. That was probably the shark jumping moment of her career.

Hey here's a fun fact for you guys about Bull Nakano. Did you know after she retired she lost a ton of weight and became a professional women's golfer?

And wrote a weight loss book.

I had Bull in the first go round, or I'd have picked her up awhile ago.

I was just thinking, we should have some side-awards to make things more interesting. Best Picture, Best Write-Up, Most Bizarre Pairing, Well Rounded Roster that kind of thing.

I think we should do something at the halfway point of the draft. Maybe each of us could post a little "state of the union" or something along those lines.

No, it was supposed to be the TNA logo. Man,

Yeah, I know man. You posted a picture of TNA and said 'apologies for that lame joke' and I insinuated it was Jarrett calling his company a joke and apologising for it.

Whoosh.

Anyways, I like Tominator's Jumping Bomb Angels pick. I was incredibly close to picking them myself but then I decided to go with singles ladies. I also like his "State of The Union" idea. I was about to post one myself but then realized that we're going forty rounds and thus four rounds away from the halfway point...so I'll refrain for now.

Damn good pick there, Garth. After I picked DDP a couple rounds back, I swore that I'd pick Kanyon in a couple of rounds as Jarrett's goofball lackey against DDP (obviously, he would have been using the super underrated Positively Kanyon gimmick) and then I totally forgot about that plan. Oh well, win some, lose some

On behalf of King Cucaracha:

Looking for a little versatility at this point, so here's a pick who can fill a few different roles in my tag team division. Or anywhere really. This is a guy who's seen it all and done it all. He's worked for WCW, worked for the WWF, worked for Smokey Mountain, worked for USWA, worked for ECW... HE'S WRESTLED A FUCKING BEAR! A BEAR, PEOPLE! You guys can draft who you want, because when a bear comes through the door of your arena you're not gonna know what the fuck to do.

And if anyone says this pick sucks, EVERYBODY DIES!

07.jpg

TRACY SMOTHERS

With my next pick, I'm taking someone who has such a great gimmick. It's kind of a super throwback to the kayfabe era, and I think that it would definitely get over with the Atlanta crowd. He's super entertaining and family friendly, so there's money to be made with these guy. Charisma and gimmick aside, he's a fine worker. He'll be fine with the quicker/technical wrestlers on my roster, and he can bump around like a madman. This guy is an ideal midcard face.

And to top it off, he's generic.

05.jpg

el GENERICO

One of my favourite big men of the 80s, I've always thought that there was something more devastating about him than the other big guys of the time, including Andre the Giant. He could go in his prime. He had memorable moments at each of the first three Wrestlemanias, and the event below never fails to put a smile on my face.

09.jpg

King Kong Bundy

I'm surprised Bundy lasted this long.

I've got a list together of whom I'd like on my roster. Of 23, 11 of them weren't even drafted last time. And a few of those really surprise me.

14.jpg

The Barbarian

A badass brawler to add to my tag ranks. Not sure how many here are fans of this guy, but I've always liked how he could mix power with some agility and high flying ability for someone his size.

I almost went in a different direction, but I felt if I didn't take him now, someone would grab him before it came back to me. Quality pick in Lashley at this stage of the game, BTW.

The Barbarian

A badass brawler to add to my tag ranks. Not sure how many here are fans of this guy, but I've always liked how he could mix power with some agility and high flying ability for someone his size.

Barbarian indeed rules and was high on my list but, after Meng was chosen, I pushed him lower on my list just cause Tomko already filled my badass heel role.