TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RepoMan

ECW Thread: 2/24

A)Very exciting to see Bourne got photographed at the WrestleMania arches for his comeback videos. His unconfirmed-but-probably participation in MITB is the most exciting aspect of Mania to look forward to so far this year.

B)I wouldn't be surprised to see Bourne feud with Tyson Kidd in the spring.

Swagger has a lot of potential, Christian did a good job in helping him show that potential. tonight.

Swagger/Christian was brilliant! Definitely a MOTY candidate. Most of the Mania matches will probably suck compared to this TV gem.

Striker was superb, as usual.

In recent months, i've heard lots of references to the World Heavyweight Championship (Edge) definitely, definitely being that of the WCW Belt, and the ECW title has been continued from the old company's belt since it began, in the WWE's eyes, and since they own the belts and they technically own the lineage, whatever they say goes.

They just need to stretch it out to WM because a re-match will be pretty good.

I agree, that should be the ECW title match for Mania, have it extreme rules or something, and if they give it the same amount of time and effort as they did in this week's match, it will be an easy **** for sure.

One thing about Christian, which I saw in the last six months of his TNA run and now here in WWE again.....he has REALLY turned up the workrate to an amazing level. That was always the thing about him that I thought was keeping him from getting to that next level......because his workrate was pretty average. But he's changed that up big time.

Swagger also busted his ass just as much as Christian in that match and looked extremely impressive. Ultimately, that match accomplished a great amount of things. It got Swagger over stronger, Christian didn't come out of the match looking like shit at all whatsoever, and the feud still has tons of legs.

From wwe.com

Who is Tyson Kidd? So far, the WWE Universe knows two things about ECW’s newest Superstar: He is the last graduate of the Hart Family Dungeon before its doors shut, and he has the most unique hairstyle in the Land of the Extreme.

“It reminds me that I’m always wearing a crown,” Kidd explained. “If this haircut doesn’t scream Extreme, what does?”

The Dungeon product has sported this style for five years, ever since he finished training under WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hit Man” Hart.

“I use a top of the line blow-dryer, a ceramic flat iron hair straightener and the best leave-in conditioner money can buy,” he said.

During his interview with WWE.com, Kidd boasted his ability to afford such products in today’s economy, though he refused to reveal any product brand names until those companies pay him for sponsorship.

The ECW Superstar’s hair is not simply about having a style that turns heads; it’s about an attitude. Kidd claims to be afraid of nothing, as his hair allows him to “show his guts,” a phrase the legendary Stu Hart beat into him during training.

“My hair represents strength, survival and the desire to travel the unbeaten path,” he said. “It’s a way of life.”

Natalya, who helped him become a member of the Extreme brand, has the one-of-a-kind position of making sure his hair is in top form. In fact, she puts the finishing touches on it before he takes to the ring.

“I am the future king of Extreme,” he announced, referring back to the permanent crown on his head and adding that he refuses to follow like the rest of the sheep on ECW.

Shortly afterward, Kidd declined to let the interview continue, saying someone with such an ordinary haircut has no place asking him about his look.

“Why don’t you just watch my match highlights on WWE.com,” he said, “as I erase the legacy of your beloved Original ECW?”

Now I don't think Kidd has anything to do with this interview whatsoever - but it is interesting that they're playing up his haircut and explaining it. If he lets it grow a bit longer and uses whatever Nigel McGuinness uses to keep his hair spikey (I believe he said egg whites), it could actually be an interesting "gimmick".