TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - March 2009

In the just released Observer, and I know people have been wondering about this for some reason, it's confirmed that Tomko was released 'some time back'. John Laurinaitis took heat for it because Tomko came in with a torn pec, and it was felt Laurinaitis should have had Tomko undergo a medical exam before hiring him.

Wouldn't it seem like common sense to give a potential employee a full medical before signing him?

One would think that. Then again, "normal" business don't seem to apply in the world of Pro Wrestling.

In the just released Observer, and I know people have been wondering about this for some reason, it's confirmed that Tomko was released 'some time back'. John Laurinaitis took heat for it because Tomko came in with a torn pec, and it was felt Laurinaitis should have had Tomko undergo a medical exam before hiring him.

Wouldn't it seem like common sense to give a potential employee a full medical before signing him?

Meh, you'd also think Tomko would be straight with you. I mean there is nothing to gain by lying when you're not signing a guaranteed contract. I guess he got 90 days out of the wwe, but I also suspect he's burn a bridge pretty severly.

It definitely would, but you should NEVER expect common sense out of Johnny Ace.

Meh, you'd also think Tomko would be straight with you. I mean there is nothing to gain by lying when you're not signing a guaranteed contract. I guess he got 90 days out of the wwe, but I also suspect he's burn a bridge pretty severly.

With TNA? If so I don't think that's a huge lost, he'll probably get more work in Japan which is what he wanted to do anyway.

With TNA? If so I don't think that's a huge lost, he'll probably get more work in Japan which is what he wanted to do anyway.

He left TNA on good terms with Terry Taylor, Dixie and Andy Barton...he's welcome back there, but I don't see him opting to go back...like you said, he can be much better utilized in Japan and will probably head that way.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=37309&p=1

Quote:

World Wrestling Entertainment has canceled the planned release of an autobiography on former WWF champion The Iron Sheik, which was set to be written by Keith Elliot Greenberg, who worked on the Fred Blassie and Superstar Graham books. From what I understand, it was a WWE decision that was made after an initial treatment was submitted.

Creative team morale went from bad to worse this past week. After the TV shoot in Jacksonville on 3/9, the creative team was told to head to Boca Raton, where Vince has his multimillion dollar penthouse condo because Vince was spending the week there. After everyone checked in for what they were told would be the big meetings to finalize the next few weeks of television and the direction of Wrestlemania, and perhaps the main components of the draft, Brian Gewirtz and Michael Hayes were told on 3/11 by phone that Vince would not be taking any meetings this week and that the team should return to Stamford, hold internal meetings and come up with multiple options on their own. They were told that Stephanie would be meeting via teleconference with the, hear all the options, and she acted frustrated with the situation with Vince as well. When the meetings were over, a list of Wrestlemania and all the next few weeks of TV main events, big picture angles, storyline options and suggestions were then to be given to Vince in Florida

For what it’s worth, the current planned main programs coming out of Wrestlemania are Edge vs. Undertaker for the world title, Jeff vs. Matt, Swagger vs. Christian for the ECW title, Show vs. Khali and Benjamin vs. MVP for the U.S. title, all subject to change at the next booking meeting.

-WON

The remake of “Missing in Action” is scheduled to be a straight-to-DVD release. WWE is planning on a theatrical release of a movie called “Suckerpunch” in 2010, starring Show, in a comedy based on fighting.

WON

I did some clean up - Savage stuff has it's own General thread, the two comments about the LOW video game got moved to that thread, and a bunch of stuff about Mania got moved to the Mania thread (which is a bit redundant since Raw made it clear those JBL/Kozlov plans were out the window, but at the time, it was Mania related stuff).

Maybe not but I think I'm at the age where Wrestling T-Shirts just make me feel tacky if I see someone wearing one. Saying that I've got a HHH one from a few years ago - The Kings of Kings one that I'll sometimes wear underneath something else.

For what it’s worth, the current planned main programs coming out of Wrestlemania are Edge vs. Undertaker for the world title, Jeff vs. Matt, Swagger vs. Christian for the ECW title, Show vs. Khali and Benjamin vs. MVP for the U.S. title, all subject to change at the next booking meeting.

-WON

But Christian is in the Money in the bank match.

-WON

I read that as 'after Wrestlemania'.

-WON

What does that have to do with programs they're setting up for after WM?

WWE developmental's Reid Flair was arrested on March 4 for driving while impaired. Flair was taken into custody following a traffic stop in Mecklenburg County, NC and later released on $1,000 bail.

--PWI

-WON

What does that have to do with programs they're setting up for after WM?

Oh coming out! I missed that part.

Maybe not but I think I'm at the age where Wrestling T-Shirts just make me feel tacky if I see someone wearing one. Saying that I've got a HHH one from a few years ago - The Kings of Kings one that I'll sometimes wear underneath something else.

It's funny WWE doesn't make at least a few "adult" products that aren't giant logos. I have a plain black WWE fleece pullover that just has the logo over the heart and people ask me all the time where I got it since its so simple. One guy even asked me if I worked for them since its the kind of thing you normally see JR or Michael Cole wearing. I see WWE Shop has something similar now in a polo shirt and windbreaker, but it'd be nice if they had something like that for a few of the more popular wrestlers.

Yeah simply crest polos would almost work for me, but the best shirts are the ones were its not blatantly obvious its a wrestling t-shirt. Some of the Orton ones, Edge and HHH ones are decent.

For those going to see "I Love You Man", be on the look-out for a dead-on Andre the Giant impression by Jason Segal.

For those going to see "I Love You Man", be on the look-out for a dead-on Andre the Giant impression by Jason Segal.

He's on Jimmy Fallon and just showed a clip of himself as a seven year old jumping rope, wearing a "Hulkster" headband, and singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". He's a Rock-n-Wrestling mark.

from an interview on IGN, it seems that MVP is going to be trying a lot more different ways to finish a match and find which move will connect with the audience the best. He's also going to try an add a submission finisher

from an interview on IGN, it seems that MVP is going to be trying a lot more different ways to finish a match and find which move will connect with the audience the best. He's also going to try an add a submission finisher

I like hearing this (your posting is pretty much owning this page, brother), and I hope he's not blowing smoke. I also hope the office and the agents allow him to do this, because I can see it being frowned upon by someone for some stupid reason or another. I was disappointed that he won the US title with the Playmaker, so I'm hoping to see the Drive-By next. I wonder what they'll call his submission hold? The 305 Stretch? The Most Valuable Hold? The Play of the Day? That submission maneuver?