TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Tazz has left WWE?

This is dumb unless he has a radio gig already set up. He wasn't that bad during his try out week in NYC a few years ago. If WWE pulled the trigger on that radio channel for XM a couple years ago, he would probably still be around. Dude can talk all day about random shit and make it sound interesting. With Mania coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince threw him some cash to stick around to the draft lottery then he can be written out like a Smackdown vs. ECW match and the winning pick is a PBP guy for JR or something like that.

It is being reported that Tazz gave WWE officials notice that he is leaving several weeks ago. He told friends his contract expired today and he will not be at WrestleMania 25. He was said to be burnout from the schedule and needed to recharge, which was one of the factors for leaving.

Credit: ProWrestling.net

Vince seriously must be saying some hardcore shit if men like Mick Foley or Tazz can't even handle it.

...yet Michael Cole and Todd Grisham are still hanging in there...

It seems to be former workers he's running off, not yes men...

I don't want to speculate, but Foley and Tazz seem like guys that would put their foot down and say "No, Fuck YOU." long before Michael Cole or Todd Grisham would even consider it.

Foley and Tazz should also have alot more in their bank account as well. They dont need Vince's money as much as Grisham/Cole do.

They also know they could make appearance for TNA, ROH, etc and make decent scratch if they need to.

Jim Ross posted the following on his blog about a possible return to commentary for JBL:

Been reading a great deal about JBL getting back into TV announcing. Last I looked JBL was the intercontinental Champion. Even if JBL were to lose Sunday at WM25 to Rey Mysterio who has proven in the past that he may have JBL's number my sense is that JBL has zero interest in adding announcing to his already manic schedule as he works diligently in a challenging economy to build his own business. If any one can relate to that matter, it's me with our brand building of J.R.'s Family BBQ Restaurants. Many of us like to multi task but at some point common sense takes over and we all have to budget our time to be able to occasionally stop and smell the BBQ sauce....or roses if you prefer. I am not saying that JBL isn't a talented broadcaster or that he will never broadcast wrestling again but I just don't see it at this time. Those who have reported that JBL is in talks to broadcast wrestling again are either lying or hallucinating.

I thought it was a bad idea to split up Cole and Tazz. Neither are terrific commentators, but they had good chemistry, complimented each other and hid their flaws as well. Cole was way better with Tazz than he is with Lawler.

JR/JBL sounds like an interesting combination, and if it's good, it'll be really good, since JBL is way better at playing the heel commentator than Lawler is now. As far as hiring new guys go, I wonder if Heyman would ever be under consideration. His run in 2001 was great ('nevermind puppies, I call them big dogs.')

Did we ever find out officially what show Superstars will be? I've heard the term original programming thrown around.

Will it be anything like the last Superstars?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwesuperstars/

Original programming featuring all 3 brands.

WWE is coming to WGN America

For the first time ever, the biggest Superstars from Raw, SmackDown and ECW debut on “WWE Superstars” – a one-hour exclusive new weekly television show – featuring original matches between any WWE Superstar from any brand, at any time. "WWE Superstars" is the only place to see it all! "WWE Superstars" premieres Thursday, April 16. It's like no other TV show in WWE history. Expect Everything.

Yeah Superstars is a new Heat with guys from all 3 rosters.

And a nice comfy place-holder for Smackdown if and when MyNetworkTV folds up for good.

Yeah Superstars is a new Heat with guys from all 3 rosters.

And a nice comfy place-holder for Smackdown if and when MyNetworkTV folds up for good.

MNT isn't folding anytime soon. It's backed by Fox which was also like MNT when it started and in key markets, the viewership is pretty good. In my area, unless you have digital tv or the high end cable package, you can't even get MNT.

PWInsider is saying Jerry Lawler will do both Raw and Smackdown temporarily until they decide on a permanent replacement.