TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

The 2009 (Great American) Bash thread!

thebash.jpg

World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

punkhardy.jpg

At The Bash, the fateful roads of squared-circle passion and championship retribution will collide,
as World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk puts his World Heavyweight Championship on the line against Jeff Hardy.

WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. Triple H

ortonhhh.jpg

After Mr. McMahon bought Raw back from Trump (at twice the price), the enraged Chairman arranged for the WWE Title to be contested in a match that WWE hasn't seen in nearly seven years: A Three Stages of Hell Match. It is a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match, in which the first match will be a straight-forward wrestling match, the second a Falls Count Anywhere Match and the third, if necessary, will be a Stretcher Match.

ECW Championship Scramble Match

scrable.jpg

In order to keep his most prized possession as ECW Champion, Tommy Dreamer will not only have to defeat Christian again, but Jack Swagger, Mark Henry and Finlay as well. The five Superstars are poised to square off in an ECW Championship Scramble Match at The Bash to determine who is worthy of touting the title.

Women's Champion Melina vs. Michelle McCool (Women's Championship Match)

melinamccool.jpg

Women’s Champion Melina will put her title on the line against Michelle McCool in the ultimate clash of Diva dominance to decide which of the smart, sexy and beautiful women has he right to reign supreme on Friday nights.

Intercontinental Championship vs. Mask: Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio

jerichorey.jpg

At The Bash, Intercontinental Championship Chris Jericho will go head-to-head with Rey Mysterio for the third time in less than two months. But this time, Mysterio is risking his mask for another chance to win the gold that both Superstars hold so dear.

John Cena vs. The Miz

cenamix.jpg

After weeks of listening to The Miz boast about his so-called undefeated streak against John Cena, the former champ announced that he will finally get his hands on the self-proclaimed “chick magnet” at The Bash.

Unified Tag Team Champions Carlito & Primo vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

colonslegacy.jpg

If there’s one thing the underhanded duo of Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase desire, it’s gold. And just like their Legacy leader, Randy Orton, they are willing to do anything to get it. Now, the Priceless duo has set their sights on Carlito & Primo’s Unified Tag Team Championships, and will get their opportunity at the titles at The Bash.

CM Punk due to Edge interfering

Randy Orton

Finlay - he's the only one in the match who hasn't won a "world" title.

Michelle McCool - I'd even go as far as say the only reason Melina was brought over to Smacksoqn was so MicHHHelle could make history by being the first Diva to win both women's titles.

Rey Mysterio - I figured he'll win as usual. However, I think its time to lose the mask, it would really freshen up his character so I hope he loses.

The Miz - If they want us to take him seriously, they'll give him the win.

Priceless - The Colons haven't done squat since they won the belts and the fans don't give a crap about them. Orton has the world title, its only fitting his minions have gold too.

This will be my first live PPV since Wrestlemania 7. 18 years between ppv's. And i'm still pissed they changed it from Night of Champions to The Bash.

Don't worry, you can still see Night Of Champions next month! But yes, I know how you feel. They shouldn't switch up PPV's, we'll have WrestleMania in August next!

Yes, I meant this is the first ppv i'll be attending since WM7. I've seen every ppv of WWF/E. These days I get them a week later from a friend on dvd. The not attending part was mainly due to finances. As far as Night of Champions goes, when I bought the tickets months back, it was for Night of Champions. At some point they decided to switch it to The Bash and hold NOC a month later in Philly.

Savage/Warrior was great. For those sitting in the nosebleeds like I was, we had no idea Elizabeth was in the crowd. The PPV audience of course saw her and may have seen it coming.

I didn't enjoy too much else on the card. The blindfold match went on forever. Nasty Boys and Hart Foundation was good. Seeing a title change Hogan/Slaughter was good but not a good match.

I'm 39 by the way.

Edit: And obviously going senile because i'm 38, not 39.

Ah that's a shame, I always remember the Harts/Nasty's for some reason, as the first tag-team match I ever saw. Probably because as a seven year old I found the pink-team and the Nasty Boys are quite a contrast. That match might be the reason I became such a huge Hart mark. I remember liking the blindfold match too as i'd never seen one before at that point.

I can't say that The Bash is going to be anywhere near as good as Mania 7 though, although I must admit, I am interested in all three brands Championship matches, as an Orton mark I hope he retains, as a general WWECW fan I hope the Scramble is half decent and as you can see, Punk's my current favourite. I bet he & Hardy can be great if given the time, especially if Punk is a clear heel by then.

I even want to see Cena/Miz, if Miz looks half-decent in defeat then it'll be a job well done for him. The Miz vs Kofi Kingston feud, please.

BAH GAWD SECOND MASK!

I actually wanted Mysterio to win tonight due to the mask stipulation. very good match, once again. This feud has been everything I hoped for for all those years.

I love Edge and Jericho, but I'd really rather have seen Legacy win the belts. Jericho still has unfinished business with Mysterio. At least they took the belts off the Colons.

Well, I might as well make a comment before Matt starts to think he's talking to himself:

My feed kept fucking up, but considering I may have been 5 minutes trying to get my feed back, I assume that Cena mopped the floor with the Miz as all I saw when the feed kicked back in was Miz tapping like a little bitch.

Because you asked so nicely:

Dreamer retained his ECW championship.

Rey Rey beat Jericho for the IC title when Jericho ripped off Rey's mask only to find a second one underneath. Rey hit 619, then the springboard splash to win.

Ziggler beat Khali when Kane pummeled the Punjabi Playboy with a chair, leaving him easy pickin's for Ziggler's cheap pin.

In the tag match, Teddy Long inserted Edge and Jericho making it a triple threat, and the Canucks won the belts.

McCool pinned Melina with the Styles Clash to be the first to be both Diva and Women's champ. (ugh)

CM Punk retained via DQ when he kicked the ref. Toward the end of the match, Hardy got a three count on Punk, but the ref overruled because Punk's foot was under the ropes and the match was restarted. At some point, Hardy caught Punk in the eye, and Punk "blindly" kicked the ref causing the DQ. (Great subtle heel stuff from Punk throughout and after the match)

Cena STF'd the Miz for the victory.

Orton retained the WWE belt. First decision went to Orton when Trips got himself DQ'd with a chairshot. With Orton dazed, HHH pedigree'd him on the floor for the Falls Count Anywhere decision. Then for the stretcher portion, Legacy interfered (after teasing dissension backstage) and gave Orton the victory.

Edge and Jericho? *marks out*

You're not kidding me, when Teddy Long came out, I knew Edge was coming, but couldn't guess his tag partner. I thought, for some reason, they might pull the trigger on Edge and Christian back together for a night, even it if meant double duty for Christian.

But fuck, Jericho? I marked out so much.

I've got more to add, but i've gotta sort out TSM Fantasy first so will be a while.

In all: Great show.