TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

Hurricane Rita

Guest Vitamin X

Another one!

This one might put the Florida Keys underwater, and since this is only the second time after Katrina that the local schools and business have closed down due to hurricanes, I guess I felt like starting a thread anyways. I'm bored at any rate, since nothing's open as a result.

The worst part is, after passing the Keys, Rita has a chance to strengthen in the Gulf and take a northerly turn...

Talk about insult to injury.

Well at least the people are already evacuated from New Orleans. If it hits NO then lets abandon the stupid city then. The city will need to be renamed Atlantis in 50 years anways since the city was already sinking.

Guest Vitamin X

They also said that if we run out of letters in the alphabet, they start going through the Greek alphabet.

HURRICANE OMEGA. Now, I like the sound of that one.

I saw this and immediately thought of Rita Cosby.

Which I guess is better than Rita Rudner, which would be a hurricane that bores everyone within gale distance using boring jokes about it's husband. "We were laying down in bed one night, and he said 'What category are you at now?' and I thought about it and I said 'I'm a Category G' and he said 'Category G? Does that....? Hmm..' Sure I lied but he doesn't know what I'm talking about and that makes me feel so much better."

I went and saw her live routine in late 2001. If you just came to Vegas once and saw her and went home, you'd think it was great. But if you actually come here regularly to gamble, and then you see that the jokes in the commercial are the same ones that she's using in the show, and the "Life with Rita" strip in the showtime-listing magazine in your room is just a print version of her retelling the same jokes...

...Well, it seems like her repitoire is really limited. So I can razz on her once, if only because I've had to hear "And yes, I'm really doing the splits, and yes, it hurts" so many times while touring south Strip.

They also said that if we run out of letters in the alphabet, they start going through the Greek alphabet.

HURRICANE OMEGA. Now, I like the sound of that one.

Hurricane Pi? Hurricane Delta? me likey the names named from the Greek alphabet

How about they just name it Hurricane HOLY SHIT and call it a day?

It's so hard to be afraid of something named Rita.

Rita's is the name of an Italian restraunt I go too. The food is too good for me to fear the name now.

Guest /-lester-/
How did we get from 'K' to 'R' so fast?

Lee was a "fish" meaning that it blew over open waters

Maria was a fish

Nate was a fish

Ophelia brushed by North Carolina

Philippe was a fish

here comes Rita

People here are in panic mode. My father said all the grocery stores are out of water and canned goods and I had to get my prescriptions at Walmart today and you would have thought it was Christmas time. Parking lot was jammed, the lines were all the way to the back of the store. Carts were filled with bottled water, canned goods, paper products and batteries. I honestly don't think it'll get really bad just because we are further north, but whatever. I'll do whatever I need to so I don't get bitched at.

I have a feeling this storm is going to hit New Orleans...I have a feeling. That would TRULY SUCK.

Nope..what would absolutely suck is if it hits Houston and they have to evacuate Houston + all of the people from New Orleans in the Astrodome.

Plus, Houston is the nation's fattest city, so there will be a lot of fat people left behind and we can have..uh..some famous fat guy go "George Bush Hates Fat People!"

I have a feeling this storm is going to hit New Orleans...I have a feeling. That would TRULY SUCK.

Nope..what would absolutely suck is if it hits Houston and they have to evacuate Houston + all of the people from New Orleans in the Astrodome.

Congratulations on making me laugh, then immediately hoping it really happens.

BULLETIN

HURRICANE HOLY SHIT INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY

NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL182005

0300Z WED SEP 21 2005

HURRICANE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 23N TO 27N:

THIS HURRICANE IS A MUSHROOM CLOUD LAYING MOTHERFUCKER, MOTHERFUCKER. YOU BETTER MOVE.

BULLETIN

HURRICANE HOLY SHIT INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY

NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL182005

0300Z WED SEP 21 2005

HURRICANE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 23N TO 27N:

THIS HURRICANE IS A MUSHROOM CLOUD LAYING MOTHERFUCKER, MOTHERFUCKER. YOU BETTER MOVE.

I could actually almost buy this.

Bet your ass people would evacute then. Well, the ones worth keeping alive anyway. If you got a Hurricane called "HOLY SHIT" coming and you think you can ride it out, then you are probably the same kind of person who thinks you can ride out a tornado coming right up your driveway.