TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

Guest Lightning Flik

ARGH~! TWICE NOW~!

Stupid pink slips.

...sighs, this is getting really tedious. I just got fired yet AGAIN.

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

Jesus christ, I just ran my first show of Stampede Wrestling Calgary. I suck at this booking shit still, and I dare say Dames is not just mean or harsh on this game. He's a straight up ASSHOLE recapper.

anyone remember Sean Shannon's recaps of ECW on TNN? It's kinda nasty like that only 174 x the quality.

give's a newbie a damn fine challenge that's for sure.

Guest jimmy no nose

In one month I managed to drop Angle's overness all the way to 70 and had to take the belt off him and drop him all the way to the midcard. It's weird though because pretty much everyone else I've tried to use has gained overness since I began and I didnt really do much to Kurt to make it go so far down.

Guest Angle-plex
Here's an easy way to sign people to a written contract. Say you are playing *insert fed name here*, and you wanna pick up Colt Cabana. Depending on how big you are *we'll say ROH for safety sake* and you wanna sign him, you'll most likely have to pay him around 20000 more to get him to sign to an exclusive written contract with you, but you can have him for two years.

The high someone is up the card and over (and sometimes fed) the harder it becomes to sell them to the idea of working for you. One other thing that might help you is that usually with many great wrestlers like Steve Corino, Raven, D'Lo, AJ Styles (all whom I have), etc.; you can pick them up for about a 20000-35000 increase in pay for two years. I've got most of my lineup that way. This also work in reverse, like say if I'm going after Colt Cabana as my Global fed, I can pick him up for maybe 10000-15000 more than he would get on a "open contract" for two years. It really all depends on the who what and where.

If you're below another federation the wrestler you want in Public Image, they usually won't sign a written contract no matter what.

Guest fazzle

So far my highest Dames rating is ****, for a US title match between Eddie/Tajiri. That match was 86% overall, but somehow an 80% overall is only worth **1/4?

Guest Brush with Greatness

I'm finding the key to the open contract fed is to sign the guys you use most often and base your shows around. And having the guys you are pushing to the moon under written contract only makes sense. It's worth it to fork over an extra 20,000 to them. It's pay them 40,000 four times a month (160,000) or lock them up for 60,000 per month in a written contract.

Other keys include:

-cutting back to the minimum number of segments per show if your other segments contain numerous amounts of workers

-if you are going to run a stable angle, and have like 5 guys in the stable, put all guys to use on the show elsewhere, as you are paying them anyways

-if you are flying in high priced open contract guys, book them in a few segments

-don't waste guys in segments. paying a guy just to get beat up in one segment is pointless. either have him on the show elsewhere or use an interview to build the attacker up and not an angle. so, don't pay road warrior hawk 300,000 just so CM Punk can run in and bloody him. Put Hawk to use elsewhere on the show as well

-don't try to book all eight feuds every show. book the 2 or 3 majors and 2 or 3 minors and run multiple segments for those feuds. if you need to keep heat on feuds use videos (I'm not sure if you pay for videos yet)

So for example if you are using TNA and only have the defaults under contract (Jarrett, AMW) base your promotion around those three. Your main feud is Jarrett vs. AJ? Don't bring AJ in every show. When AJ is a way, use Jarrett interviews to build the feud. When he is in town, put AJ over in the segments

Guest Retro Rob
Anyone know anything about why the house show income isn't registering for me?

If you don't have enough written workers to do house shows, you'll get no income from it.

Hence, you need written workers to produce house shows.

I tried it as WWE. They are all written. It seems like it doesn't register in any of the games I open up.

Guest Brush with Greatness

Also, is anyone really good with Paint or whatever programs? Or anyone know good programs to make graphic's in.

Reason I'm asking is because I want to update the NWA Scenario but I want Logo's and Banners and I suck with Paint.

I've updated the data but now need to re setup all of the workers pictures files and probably add a few relationships.

The NWA Scenario is by far my favourite and I could just imagine how awesome it would be with the Fed Wars.

Guest TheArchiteck

Oh yea....I'm working on a banner and logo for my fed.

Might as well go all out!

Guest Lightning Flik
Here's an easy way to sign people to a written contract. Say you are playing *insert fed name here*, and you wanna pick up Colt Cabana. Depending on how big you are *we'll say ROH for safety sake* and you wanna sign him, you'll most likely have to pay him around 20000 more to get him to sign to an exclusive written contract with you, but you can have him for two years.

The high someone is up the card and over (and sometimes fed) the harder it becomes to sell them to the idea of working for you. One other thing that might help you is that usually with many great wrestlers like Steve Corino, Raven, D'Lo, AJ Styles (all whom I have), etc.; you can pick them up for about a 20000-35000 increase in pay for two years. I've got most of my lineup that way. This also work in reverse, like say if I'm going after Colt Cabana as my Global fed, I can pick him up for maybe 10000-15000 more than he would get on a "open contract" for two years. It really all depends on the who what and where.

If you're below another federation the wrestler you want in Public Image, they usually won't sign a written contract no matter what.

Not true. Angle wasn't about to sign with me, but if you make it a single year contract with a HUGE increase in pay, they'll jump ship. Angle did. Went from 191000 to 300000.

:( Too bad I got a pink slip.

Guest Lightning Flik
So far my highest Dames rating is ****, for a US title match between Eddie/Tajiri. That match was 86% overall, but somehow an 80% overall is only worth **1/4?

I know should answered this into my other post as well but I'm eating.

Dames is more about quality and less about how much Heat the match has. I had a 69 overall match get *** because it had 91 quality. Heat was like 59 (plus both were debuting).

Yet, once in a while it just won't click. For some reason or another, the show will be hated. Regardless of whatever you do or not.

Oh, in regards to house shows, I just had enough people in my Global to find out that house shows aren't working. I wasn't collecting either.

Guest Lightning Flik

Slight correction to those of you who I told the date for New Japanese Tour Rosters was stable.

It's not. I just got one stating that rosters will change on Aug, instead of July...

Guess they do change after all.

Guest Vyce

Anybody have a clue where I can download the pics?

Rave X seems to be down at the moment.

Guest fazzle
Slight correction to those of you who I told the date for New Japanese Tour Rosters was stable.

It's not. I just got one stating that rosters will change on Aug, instead of July...

There's 12 feds, each fed puts out their schedule in a different month, so, yeah, they're always changing.

Guest Lightning Flik

There's 12 feds, each fed puts out their schedule in a different month, so, yeah, they're always changing.

Edit: Stupid stupid stupid me. Maybe I should actually CLICK on another fed, not a silly worker~! :lol:

Guest Ronixis

Just Downloaded this game:

The Dames- Best Reviewer Ever.

Either That, Or i just got lucky on my second PPV (I am on RoH)

Johnny Kashmere Vs Kid Kash ***3/4.

RVD and Lynn ***1/2 (I moved RVD and Lynn)

This game should be $19.95. 35 Bucks is a bit steep...

Guest bort

ive gotten 2 4 star matches with scoot ketih so far, one for angle and lesner vs WGTT, and 1 for matt hardy vs edge....my best segment was 100% for a y2j interview hyping a match with RVD on heat.....good game. dames is my new recapper i kept forgetting to change it

Guest Nevermortal

Dammit! J-Train put himself in Rehab, blowing my whole Low Ki v. Homicide feud!

Guest Lightning Flik

How does that blow you whole fued? :huh:

Guest TheArchiteck

Michinoku changes in November.

I'm raping them of their rosters comes that time.

Guest bort

ohh booker t wants to work with HHH, taker wanted to work with big show and then blamed there bad match on big show...and i get rind of zach gowen in 2 months :rolleyes:

Guest Nevermortal

How does that blow you whole fued? :huh:

Homicide was supposed to 'go back to his gangsta ways' and join Smokes, his former gang buddy.

Eh, I just had Homicide attack Low Ki in the back.

During their first match together, Dames gave Ki v. Cide ****1/2 stars. Booya.

Guest Lightning Flik

...hm... Interesting. I actually have a full roster of 36 signed to two year written contracts to my Cult fed of 50 PI (Yes, for a THIRD time before this, I've been given the pink slip, GR).

Well, I'm about to see how this fares out. Hopefully better.

Guest TheArchiteck

I think i'm on the verge of getting the pinkslip.

PI dropped 4points last month...and we lost money.

The owner says I doing below average!

I got a tv spot now, so hopefully that would help.

Guest Nevermortal

Oh man. Homicide & Low Ki are gold together. Another ****1/2 match without a decisive winner. Imagine the blow off? This is gonna rock. The rating was 100%. Holy shit.

Guest Lightning Flik

YES~! My Cult fed gained a PI~! My first GAIN in PI~! YES~! YES~! YES~!!!

Edit: YES~! ANOTHER PI GAIN~! FUCK YES~! FINALLY~!!!

Edited by Lightning Flik

Guest Lightning Flik
Rhyno won't leave me alone until he gets an Undertaker match.

...wait, he wants a match against Undertaker? :huh: I've never had a wrestler ask for a specific match against another.

Guest fazzle
Rhyno won't leave me alone until he gets an Undertaker match.

Yeah, I got that too. Now Jericho and Hurricane are bugging me, wanting to wrestle each other.