TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

Guest TheArchiteck
Hmm....what happen to the training camp option?

I'm trying 2 hire ppl into my camp and its not even on the list anymore, just a development deal.

Training camp now just trains up random wrestlers for your promotion every year (I think) I don't think you can control who's in there.

Oh alright, thanks.

(Been on day one for like 2.5 hours)

lol

Guest Angle-plex

Dames commentary is awesome. I got a 100% match quality between Daniels/Lynn and I still didn't get *****.

Dames commentary is awesome. I got a 100% match quality between Daniels/Lynn and I still didn't get *****.

How was your crowd reaction and what was the overall?

Dames

Dames is mean in this game.

I've been cursed out on 5 different message boards already...

But they all like it.

Dames

Guest Anglesault

I've been cursed out on 5 different message boards already...

But they all like it.

Dames

Of course we do.

Where else can we make you purposely praise HHH?

Guest Angle-plex

Dames

Crowd reaction was 82, overall was 85. You gave it ***3/4. :)

Dames

Crowd reaction was 82, overall was 85. You gave it ***3/4. :)

Ok then...85 is on par with that rating.

Dames

Guest Angle-plex

This new "open contract" thing is killing me. Nobody will sign a written contract, and my worker wages are through the roof.

Guest Retro Rob

For some reason the game isn't registering my house show income, which should be 4 nights a week. Eh, I guess it makes me work harder just to break even.

Guest Lightning Flik

Considering I was up all last night playing this silly game, I can answer a few questions that some people have. Yah me.

This new "open contract" thing is killing me. Nobody will sign a written contract, and my worker wages are through the roof.

Argh.....i started the game with my usual promotion, Renaissance Wrestling Alliance (rWa)

Started them global at 10% PI.

I can't get any stars I want because they can't stay committed to their tour and a global fed.

Is there anyway around this??

Here's an easy way to sign people to a written contract. Say you are playing *insert fed name here*, and you wanna pick up Colt Cabana. Depending on how big you are *we'll say ROH for safety sake* and you wanna sign him, you'll most likely have to pay him around 20000 more to get him to sign to an exclusive written contract with you, but you can have him for two years.

The high someone is up the card and over (and sometimes fed) the harder it becomes to sell them to the idea of working for you. One other thing that might help you is that usually with many great wrestlers like Steve Corino, Raven, D'Lo, AJ Styles (all whom I have), etc.; you can pick them up for about a 20000-35000 increase in pay for two years. I've got most of my lineup that way. This also work in reverse, like say if I'm going after Colt Cabana as my Global fed, I can pick him up for maybe 10000-15000 more than he would get on a "open contract" for two years. It really all depends on the who what and where.

Also, if you are Global, you can forget signing ANYONE with an open contract and being on a tour with a Japanese promotion. You'll have to wait till June 1st of next year to be able have a shot at signing some of the guys you wanted too. The reason for why they won't sign with you at Global, is because you'll have house shows, maybe two tv shows and the works, so they can't really expect to help you out, when they need to go do their commitments in Japan.

Anybody not playing as WWE, so I can see who winds up on the pink slip list early in the game?

Keep in mind I ask because I'm at work, and can't play for myself to find out.

Didn't you read that other thread where we all thought this was leaked? My Regional fed crashed and burned last night because of open contracts (God, those kill~!) and personally, I find that you literially have to sign at least SOME guys to a written contract no matter where you are. Or so I'm guessing.

Heck, I'm playing my Global fed of High Impact Wrestling and I've gotta somehow survive three months of competing against the WWE so that I can get Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit into my roster. What's worse is the fact that both WWE and HIW are losing PI, and I've only got 23% left after one week (I started at 25%). When I got my report from Sophie for our weekly battle, she said that although WWE had the more star power, HIW had the better roster.

Hopefully, I don't end up with my second straight pink slip in a row.

Guest TheArchiteck

Damn, June 1st?

Guess I just have work with what I got!

Thanks for info.

Guest Insane Bump Machine

Being able to sign Tito Ortiz and job him out makes the game for me.

Guest Lightning Flik
Damn, June 1st?

Thanks for info.

Actually, if you check in Japan, you'll find that out.

Thankfully, it'll always stay the same date, so you just have to wait a full out year. If you wish, I could supply you with my listing of people to sign to written contracts. It'll at least give you a talented roster.

Guest tpww7

I just had a horrible month on my ROH game all because of TNA and MLW.

Both made it to global status and decided to raid my talent. Raven, SAT, Frankie Kazarian, Spanky, BJ Whitmer, Colt Cabana, Paul London...all fucking gone. Adding those to CM Punk who I built up and was raided the month before.

Guest Zack Malibu
Anybody not playing as WWE, so I can see who winds up on the pink slip list early in the game?

Keep in mind I ask because I'm at work, and can't play for myself to find out.

Didn't you read that other thread where we all thought this was leaked? My Regional fed crashed and burned last night because of open contracts (God, those kill~!) and personally, I find that you literially have to sign at least SOME guys to a written contract no matter where you are. Or so I'm guessing.

Heck, I'm playing my Global fed of High Impact Wrestling and I've gotta somehow survive three months of competing against the WWE so that I can get Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit into my roster. What's worse is the fact that both WWE and HIW are losing PI, and I've only got 23% left after one week (I started at 25%). When I got my report from Sophie for our weekly battle, she said that although WWE had the more star power, HIW had the better roster.

Hopefully, I don't end up with my second straight pink slip in a row.

Nah Flik, what I meant was who does WWE release in this game when they "houseclean" during the first few days. I know you follow my diary in Fantasy Booking (EVERYONE SHOULD!) and might be revamping it with the addition of 4.0. Just wanted to see if I'd still be able to get certain workers out of the WWE castoffs.

Guest Lightning Flik
Nah Flik, what I meant was who does WWE release in this game when they "houseclean" during the first few days. I know you follow my diary in Fantasy Booking (EVERYONE SHOULD!) and might be revamping it with the addition of 4.0. Just wanted to see if I'd still be able to get certain workers out of the WWE castoffs.

Ah. More than likely you could do that since the WWE usually dump off the same amount of guys so far that I've seen.

Oh, by the way, for anyone playing a Cult/National fed that needs to plunder guys, take them from CZW and IWAMS. You'll get a lot of good talent from there.

Guest TheArchiteck
Damn, June 1st?

Thanks for info.

Thankfully, it'll always stay the same date, so you just have to wait a full out year. If you wish, I could supply you with my listing of people to sign to written contracts. It'll at least give you a talented roster.

Sure man, i'll appreciate it.

I'm noticing i'm picking up a hell of a lot of females.

In 3.0 I was get a ton of womens wrestlers and putting them in training camp.

I ended up having a killer women's division within a year or so.

Right now, i'm struggling to have a full roster!

Guest Vyce

Damn straight.

Although that Goldberg / HHH review alone makes up for it.

You know we love you, Dames (in the most platonic of ways possible)!

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

question: Since I'm running a regional fed(doing Stampede), and I've signed a bunch of guys to open contracts, would I be terribly unwise to allow any of them to hold titles? Or will they just bolt right away?

Guest Lightning Flik
Damn, June 1st?

Thanks for info.

Sure man, i'll appreciate it.

I'm noticing i'm picking up a hell of a lot of females.

In 3.0 I was get a ton of womens wrestlers and putting them in training camp.

I ended up having a killer women's division within a year or so.

Right now, i'm struggling to have a full roster!

EDIT: STUPID POST DIDN'T TAKE ALL THOSE SPACES~! DAMMIT~!

*sighs* There goes my TV show... No worries, I've got the whole month's of shows planned out, just was putting it to action.

Here's who I've got in my Global Fed. Warning, I've got no Main Eventers yet. So you might have to do what I wasn't about to, and go hire some people like Mick Foley and stuff. Just a thought. You'll probably not be able to get as lucky as I was and snag up Benoit and Angle in three months. I think I fluked out on that.

Also before having your first show, you can do preturns and stuff to rearrange things to your liking. I've currently have this set up.

Uppercard

Faces\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Heels

*\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\AJ Styles

Jerry Lynn\\\\\\\\\\*

Midcard

Ken Shamrock\\\\\Ron Killings

Raven\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Satoshi Kojima

Lowercarders

Devon Storm\\\\\\Chris Chetti

D'Lo Brown\\\\\\\\Danny Doring

EZ Money\\\\\\\\\\Homicide

Julio Dinero\\\\\\\\Kid Kash

Nick Dinsmore\\\\\Lash LeRoux

Shark Boy\\\\\\\\\\Messiah

Simon Diamond\\\Michael Shane

Xavier\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Mike Sanders

Openers

Chris Stylez\\\\\\\\Insane Dragon

CM Punk\\\\\\\\\\\\Jay Lethal

Danny Dallas\\\\\\Johnny Kashmere

Rob Conway\\\\\\\Trent Acid

Developmentals (Currently Not Being Used)

Aidans Nathans, Air Paris, Austin Lee, Cade Sydal, Chance Beckett, Chris Michaels, Christian York, Colt Cabana, Daron Smythe, Derrick King, Jason Lee, Joey Matthews, Jonny C., Kid Romeo, Kriss Sprules, Lazarus, Mike Sullivan, Nova, Onyx, Paul London, Scoot Andrews, Sean Casey, Spiffy Sean Stylez, and Tito Ortiz.

* - represents a created person that I made exclusively for my roster. I'm not about to bother you with what they are and all that.

Now then, here are all the tag team possiblities from this. * - Active When You Sign Them

Air Raid (Air Paris and AJ Styles)

AJ and D'Lo (AJ Styles and D'Lo Brown)

Backseat Boyz (Johnny Kashmere and Trent Acid) *

Casey and Michaels (Sean Casey and Chris Michaels) *

Chance Meeting (Cade Sydal and Kriss Sprules) *

Chetti and Nova (Chris Chetti and Nova)

Erotica (Chris Chetti and Danny Doring) *

Hot Commodity (Julio Dinero and Kid Kash)

Lords Of The Ring (Nick Dinsmore and Rob Conway)

Lynn and Styles (Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles)

Naturally Marvelous (Mike Sullivan and Scoot Andrews) *

Second City Saints (Colt Cabana and CM Punk) *

Shane and Matthews (Michaels Shane and Joey Matthews)

Suicide Blondes (Derrick King and Jason Lee)

York and Matthews (Christian York and Joey Matthews)

There you go. That should be all the info you need.

Guest MaxPower27
question: Since I'm running a regional fed(doing Stampede), and I've signed a bunch of guys to open contracts, would I be terribly unwise to allow any of them to hold titles? Or will they just bolt right away?

I wouldn't risk it.

That's always been a thing of mine since EWR 1.0 came out and I lost 3/4 of my roster to a raid.

Guest Lightning Flik

Depends. Like myself found out when I got raided just before I got pink slipped in Regional, you probably should just put titles only onto written contracts. It'll make less hassle in the end.

Then again, if it's a lower belt, screw it. If it's your World title, don't tempt fate.

Guest TheArchiteck

Thanks.

A lot of those guys I snagged up, but I see I have to turn these guys to even it out.

Thank god for pre-debut turns!

I also have 2 CAWS, well 3 if you count an owner.

Hey, have you had a match between two guys who hate each other yet?

I set my caws to hate each other...and now i'm nervous about them bitching if one goes over the other....considering I had ppl complaining about me hiring people they just dislike!

Guest Lightning Flik
Thanks.

A lot of those guys I snagged up, but I see I have to turn these guys to even it out.

Thank god for pre-debut turns!

I also have 2 CAWS, well 3 if you count an owner.

Hey, have you had a match between two guys who hate each other yet?

I set my caws to hate each other...and now i'm nervous about them bitching if one goes over the other....considering I had ppl complaining about me hiring people they just dislike!

I haven't had hate vs. hate relationship matches yet.

If you'll notice, most of my roster doesn't even have a care in the world against anyone.

And I actually made my CAWs loyal to each other. Just for fun.

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye
Lightning Flik Posted on Jul 31 2003, 03:10 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye @ Jul 31 2003, 04:04 PM)

Depends. Like myself found out when I got raided just before I got pink slipped in Regional, you probably should just put titles only onto written contracts. It'll make less hassle in the end.

Then again, if it's a lower belt, screw it. If it's your World title, don't tempt fate. 

Ok thanks. I'm gonna just go ahead and put my Junior and Tag titles in the hands of luck. I have a good roster so I might get one or two good shows out of them anyway.

EDIT: Damn I just noticed that Ryland didn't include Jack Evans in SWC. Damn, shame 'tis.

Guest Lightning Flik
Ok thanks. I'm gonna just go ahead and put my Junior and Tag titles in the hands of luck. I have a good roster so I might get one or two good shows out of them anyway.

EDIT: Damn I just noticed that Ryland didn't include Jack Evans in SWC. Damn, shame 'tis.

Hands of luck will be kind if they have a good attitude and behaviour. If you are planning on making them a frontliner in your fed, then sign them up fulltime.

Also, need you not worry about workers missing. RaveX will have an update and then the REAL fun will begin.

Guest Retro Rob

Anyone know anything about why the house show income isn't registering for me?

Guest Lightning Flik
Anyone know anything about why the house show income isn't registering for me?

If you don't have enough written workers to do house shows, you'll get no income from it.

Hence, you need written workers to produce house shows.