TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

Guest MaxPower27

I'm loving canning people and getting yelled at by their friends.

What's that Scotty 2 Hotty? You don't like that Albert got fired? Well, you can join him! You don't like it either Undertaker? You get to job to Cena for a month before I fire your ass!

Guest jimmy no nose

The next EWR is selling for $34.99, way too much for me to be spending on a wrestling simulator, I guess this is the last one for me. How many of you are going to be willing to spend $35 on it?

Guest Zack Malibu

Anybody not playing as WWE, so I can see who winds up on the pink slip list early in the game?

Keep in mind I ask because I'm at work, and can't play for myself to find out.

Guest The Superstar

Bahaha...

Email from RVD: "Like...I'm in the main event. Whoa."

Guest Nevermortal

God damn you Dames, you are absolutely shitting all over my RoH matches!

*1/2 to Styles/Red v. Alex Shelley/Jimmy Jacobs?

1/2* to Low Ki/Homicide v. Deranged/Slim J?

*1/4 to Cabana/Kazarian/Whitmer/Quiet Storm?

Guest fazzle
Anybody not playing as WWE, so I can see who winds up on the pink slip list early in the game?

In my TNA game, the people fired from the WWE in the first few days are:

Horshu, Johnny Jeter, Payne, Damien, Rob Conway, Shannon Ward, Mr. Black, Nick Dinsmore, Carly Colon, Matt Cappotelli, Aaron Stevens, John Hennigan, Nova, Paul London, Jacqueline, Danny Basham, Garrison Cade, Shaniqua, Sable, Mark Henry, Doug Basham, Miss Jackie, Orlando Jordan, Mark Jindrak, Dawn Marie, Boss Man, Bill DeMott, Hardcore Holly, Funaki, Rodney Mack, Spike Dudley, Gail Kim, Victoria, Bradshaw, Sylvan Grenier, Spanky, Torrie Wilson, Jazz, Billy Gunn, Test, Nidia, Scott Steiner, Theodore Long, Terri Runnels, Rene Dupree, Rosey, Ron Simmons, and Lita.

Damn, that's a lot of firings.

Guest MARTYEWR
Bahaha...

Email from RVD: "Like...I'm in the main event. Whoa."

That's nothing. When I beta-tested the game, and tried sending RVD to develop, he replied "Dude, development camp? Gnarly."

Much like Dames, I don't think I'll have to spend anything either...

Guest Anglesault

Raw sucks, but my SD! side is alot of fun.

I have Brock feuding with Angle, Rhyno/benoit, and Edge-Rey/WGTT. All those heels are in a stable so I'm heading for Wargames

Guest Zack Malibu
Wow.  Nathan Jones doesn't get fired?

No, but Triple A does...

Hehe, it's all good Chave. If I do the redux, it looks like Triple A is gonna feud with Croc~!

Guest wwF1587

the game itself is fun but i didnt realise that summerslam was set for august 17... that gives me two weeks to build a RAW/SD! card... i dont know how the wwe does it.. it just doesnt feel right rushing all the matches without proper buildup

Guest Kingpk

Ok, finally got it.

And MEGA kudos to Adam for the deal he's got for a retail version. Like Scots said, Adam is pretty much doing things like EWR for a hobby, imagine how hard he'll work on the next game now that he'll get paid for it?

Guest MaxPower27

Raw:

Locked up AJ Styles to an exclusive contract, and have him currently feuding with Rob Van Dam.

Also added Paul London to my Raw roster, and have him feuding with Lance Storm.

Triple H is going with The Rock, who will win the title and drop it to Jericho.

The Intercontinental Title is Booker T v. Rico

Smackdown is Benoit v. Brock and Angle v. Rhyno, WGTT v. Chavo/Misterio and Eddy v. Edge for the US Title, which I may get rid of.

Also, John Cena and Undertaker are feuding, and Cena already has a 6-0 lead in the feud, and has gone from an 86 over to a 98 in just two shows.

Ultimo and Jamie Noble are feuding too, but I had to hotshot a Noble v. Ultimo match to make it for the cruiser title.

Guest Nevermortal

I thought you were able to run Puro promotions, complete with touring?

Guest Anglesault
the game itself is fun but i didnt realise that summerslam was set for august 17... that gives me two weeks to build a RAW/SD! card... i dont know how the wwe does it..

They don't.

Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop

Shelley & Homicide have bad stats, and Jacobs has HORRIBLE ones (0 Speed & Technical).

And a personal fave, Sal Rinauro, got low-balled on charisma. Not holding it against Ryland, since I'm sure he doesn't watch too many indies.

Guest TheArchiteck

Argh.....i started the game with my usual promotion, Renaissance Wrestling Alliance (rWa)

Started them global at 10% PI.

I can't get any stars I want because they can't stay committed to their tour and a global fed.

Is there anyway around this??

Guest Anglesault

Funaki's really getting over with FNK, his version of the Hi-Lite Reel

Guest Nevermortal

Shelley & Homicide have bad stats, and Jacobs has HORRIBLE ones (0 Speed & Technical).

And a personal fave, Sal Rinauro, got low-balled on charisma. Not holding it against Ryland, since I'm sure he doesn't watch too many indies.

I might need to adjust all that in the file editor.

This was posted on the EWR board...and shows just how awesome my commentary can be.

Goldberg vs Triple H.

Match Background: This will be an iron man bout. This match is for the WWE World title. Goldberg has been WWE World champion since 01 August 2003.

The Match: FIRST FALL: Boring brawling from Triple H is the cure for insomnia. Triple H DDTs Goldberg in a move that is so poorly executed, you can actually see that Goldberg's head didn't touch the mat at all. There's a two count on the pin. Goldberg ducks a wild right hand. Goldberg DOESN'T take a page out of Andre the Giant's book and hits an incredibly weak headbutt on HHH. Flying dropkick from Goldberg on HHH gets a two count. Hooks the leg for a two count. Side suplex from Goldberg. Could have been done a hell of a lot better though. Pin, but HHH is out just before the three count. Goldberg attacks with some poorly executed flying moves. This kid sure ain't Rey Jr. Triple H comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Badly executed second rope splash by HHH convinces me that I can do better. Hooks the leg for a two count. Sloppy discus punch from Triple H barely connects on Goldberg. Pin, but Goldberg is out just before the three count. Boring brawling from Triple H is the cure for insomnia. Chop from HHH on Goldberg. Goldberg avoids a Triple H avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Goldberg hits a wheel kick on HHH. Goldberg connects with a crappy looking standing spinebuster. Does everyone use that move these days? The ref gets into position, administers the three count, and it's over. Goldberg pins HHH. SECOND FALL: Goldberg suplexes HHH to the canvas and floats over to a mounted position. Uninspiring brawling from Goldberg. Check them brawlin' stats, boy. Kick to the gut from Goldberg, who sadly, was even able to botch THAT. HHH takes a hangman's neckbreaker from Goldberg. HHH backdrops Goldberg out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Triple H. Flying dropkick from HHH on Goldberg gets a two count. Flying elbow off the top rope by Triple H, but there was NO elevation off the leap. Covers for a quick two count. HHH drops an elbow...but Goldberg moves out of the way. Goldberg hits a stump piledriver on Triple H. There's a two count on the pin. Goldberg scores with a shitty standing spinebuster. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Triple H elbows Goldberg in the face to break a hammerlock. Triple H hits a bulldog off the ropes. Cover gets three for Triple H, Goldberg got pinned. THIRD FALL: Goldberg uses some pathetic kicks in the corner now. HHH ducks a wild right hand. Goldberg takes a chop from HHH that just STINGS the opponent. HHH whips Goldberg into the turnbuckles...and the ref is crushed! Side suplex from HHH. Could have been done a hell of a lot better though. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Goldberg powers out of a headlock. Goldberg hits a BIG clothesline for two! Goldberg DDTs HHH in a move that is so poorly executed, you can actually see that Triple H's head didn't touch the mat at all. There's a two count on the pin. Slingshot clothesline by Goldberg, who almost messed it up by slipping on the ropes. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Triple H fights out of a grapple. Triple H hits a crappy missile dropkick on Goldberg. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Goldberg reverses a Triple H hammerlock. Triple H hooks up a suplex, but Goldberg flips out and lands on his feet, and quickly grabs the tights to score with a school boy pin! 1...2..3! The referee somehow missed the blatant cheating! END OF BOUT.

My Opinion: Quite possibly the worst match that I've EVER SEEN! -***** PLEASE tell me that you did this on purpose! PLEASE. A negative five star match is not something you just...DO. This was probably the worst thing I've ever seen this side of Diesel vs. Mabel from Summerslam '95. I must now go and gouge out my eyes, thank you very much.

Goldberg was an Evil Clown and HHH was a Valley Girl.

Dames

Guest Kingpk
My Opinion: All you deserve for this is *. That DOESN'T mean that you're a deputy or a cop or whatever.

Huh?

Oh, and I gave Paul London a nice debut: a time limit draw with Spanky (*** 1/2 from Dames)

Guest chirs3

Question, since I'm at work and can't test this.

Do gimmicks actively effect a match rating? Like in your example above, Dames, (hilarious, by the way), if Goldberg were an animal and Triple H a... not Valley Girl, evil genius or something, could it have cracked -***? Or do gimmicks only have to do with overness, charisma, etc?

Guest jimmy no nose

Haha that's some good commentary from Dames there. I just looked at Scott Keith's mailbag and he said that Ahmed Johnson is the worst politician in wrestling. Why doesnt Dames get his own column?

Eh, I didn't ask for it.

Kingpk, the * joke is a bad one, I'll admit...but it probably went over most people's heads.

It kinda resembles one of those cheap badges that you see in westerns when someone is made sheriff.

The gimmicks do affect the crowd heat...

Dames

Guest TheArchiteck

Hmm....what happen to the training camp option?

I'm trying 2 hire ppl into my camp and its not even on the list anymore, just a development deal.

Guest TheArchiteck

Thats what I was doing.....no matter how much i offered, they just say they can't do the tours and handle a global workload.