TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

Guest JAxlMorrison

I put Triple H over RVD in a Ladder match where HHH keeps the title thanks to the interference of Jerry Lynn.......and I get this email

"Rob Van Dam just doesn't have what it takes at this level yet, i was forced to carry our entire match"

The match got *** btw.

Also, I mostly kept with current storylines and put H vs. Goldberg as a top feud, but Goldberg's overness keeps dropping because he refuses to let me push him down the card......dumb bastard, he is getting canned after he does the job at Unforgiven.

I did the WWE for a couple weeks at a medium level, but it takes forever to book all the segments every week even with Triple H booking Heat for me. Then I started another season with MLW on very hard and it's working out a lot better. We just finished our first large card, where Satoshi Kojima and Teiyo Keiya had a ****3/4 match and Raven (who I turned face) took the World Title off of Steve Corino. We are making money and since I just started playing and it's on very hard, I figure that's not bad.

Oh, here's something I thought was funny. They said that Raven was too good to hold my world title, and I should give it to someone else. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Guest Lightning Flik

Well, I'm having fun. I've got a hell of a lineup for Xtreme Overdose (my first Large Event) and I think I'll be able to pull off a good show.

Considering I have Paul London. Did I also mention he's written in for two years?

So far so good with my fed. Besides WWE and TNA raiding my talent.

Guest JAxlMorrison

"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Scott Steiner? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance."----Ric Flair

I'll give them a match on Heat.......should be interesting, doesn't Steiner hate Flair?

Guest Lightning Flik
"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Scott Steiner? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance."----Ric Flair

I'll give them a match on Heat.......should be interesting, doesn't Steiner hate Flair?

Last time I checked, yes. I thought so. Oh well. Still should be quite interesting indeed.

And hey. What do you know? My last month wasn't half bad. Only lost a single PI, about 450k in cash and yet, I've now got a TV SHOW~! YES~! I'll survive this time as I'll only be making an extra 20 bucks per TV show. YES~!

...now my only problem is getting everyone some more people under written contracts. Cause like grr. It kinda screws things up.

Oh, and worse yet, my star, Paul London's not back till next month. Dammit, I'll have NO star power on my show... Need to find Main Eventers who'll sign written contracts with me.

Guest JAxlMorrison

1. Paul London is GOLD, delivering 4 stars with Matt Hardy on Smackdown, then 4 1/4 with Tajiri on Heat. I'm gonna push him to the moon.

2.Ric Flair vs Scott Steiner.

Match Background: None.

The Match: Ric Flair DDTs Poppa Pump, but it just looked terrible. Side suplex from Flair. Flapjack from Flair on Poppa Pump. Pin, but Poppa Pump is out just before the three count. Running clothesline from Ric Flair was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Covers for a quick two count. Poppa Pump backdrops Ric Flair out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Scott Steiner. Scott Steiner hits a right hand on Ric Flair. Poppa Pump hits a piledriver on Ric Flair. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Flair backdrops Scott Steiner out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Ric Flair. Ric Flair DDTs Poppa Pump, but it just looked terrible. Scott Steiner gets knocked to the ground by Flair. Here it comes...Figure Four Leglock! Scott Steiner taps!

My Opinion: DUD. I refuse to say any more about it.

I am never listening to Flair again, lol. He probably just knew I was gonna put him over.

Guest Lightning Flik
1. Paul London is GOLD, delivering 4 stars with Matt Hardy on Smackdown, then 4 1/4 with Tajiri on Heat. I'm gonna push him to the moon.

2.Ric Flair vs Scott Steiner.

Match Background: None.

The Match: Ric Flair DDTs Poppa Pump, but it just looked terrible. Side suplex from Flair. Flapjack from Flair on Poppa Pump. Pin, but Poppa Pump is out just before the three count. Running clothesline from Ric Flair was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Covers for a quick two count. Poppa Pump backdrops Ric Flair out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Scott Steiner. Scott Steiner hits a right hand on Ric Flair. Poppa Pump hits a piledriver on Ric Flair. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Flair backdrops Scott Steiner out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Ric Flair. Ric Flair DDTs Poppa Pump, but it just looked terrible. Scott Steiner gets knocked to the ground by Flair. Here it comes...Figure Four Leglock! Scott Steiner taps!

My Opinion: DUD. I refuse to say any more about it.

I am never listening to Flair again, lol. He probably just knew I was gonna put him over.

1 - Paul London is a Main Eventer in my fed, so no pushing is required.

2 - Probably so.

Guest MaxPower27

I put John Cena over Undertaker and get this email "John Cena is not ready to get raised up the card. I had to hold the whole match together."

He hasn't won in a month.

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

That's nothing.

I jobbed out Nash and moved him down the card. I received this gem: "You obviously have NO CLUE what you're doing. You should give ME the book."

Guest Retro Rob
That's why I asked Rob what fed he was using. If he's using TNA, there you go. Gotta switch to a monthly setup for house shows to take place.

I played as a cult fed, the WWE (just to test it out), and now TNA. I'll write down how much money i have from ticket sales next time I play as either a cult or WWE, and see if it goes up once the month changes.

Guest Vyce
I'm not making house show money either.

I do have ten workers under written and am under national size. What's the deal?

Ok. Have you waited till the end of the month? Like the next month? You have to wait until the first of the following month to find out how much money you made for house shows (like how you'd find out about the whole profit scenario). You can't find out til the following month.

I am at cult.

I have well over 10 wrestlers signed to written contracts.

I have waited until the end of several months.

I am not on weekly PPV.

I STILL HAVE NO GODDAMN HOUSE SHOW MONEY.

Explain it to me.

I'm gettting VERY pissed with this game. I'm tired of losing six fucking figures every goddamn month.

Guest "LukeWarm"

I'm still in my 1st month with the wwe and I just got a message that said both Smackdown and heat have been cancelled...And that was after a ****3/4 star match between Aj Styles/Tajiri and The shocking heel turn by Brock.

SummerSlam's in a week and i'm screwed without Tv.

Guest Lightning Flik
I am at cult.

I have well over 10 wrestlers signed to written contracts.

I have waited until the end of several months.

I am not on weekly PPV.

I STILL HAVE NO GODDAMN HOUSE SHOW MONEY.

Explain it to me.

I'm gettting VERY pissed with this game.  I'm tired of losing six fucking figures every goddamn month.

Ok. Hm. Have you made sure you are charging money for house shows? About only thing I can suggest.

Side note; you can't have those written contract wrestlers in developmental camp. They are like in OVW and hence can not participate in your house shows because of this. So if you've got most of your guys in your developmental camp, this would explain your problem.

Also don't have more than 10 wrestlers signed onto written contracts unless you KNOW you can afford it. It'll KILL you. Trust me, I found out the hard way. Three times counting.

And you think YOUR pissed off? Dude, I've bombed SEVEN times. I've got WAY more rights to be pissed off than you, and you know what? I'm not. I find it a challenge to make sure I don't go under one more time.

Now then, this is a little note thingy more for everyone:

And also sign talent you can afford safely. Sure, you can get all the big names, but you really need cheap talent to off set them. Don't go gun heavy figuring you NEED such and such person. Only pick up who you want, and find cheap replacement talent so that you can make out a profit. Or if you REALLY want to make sure you make money off of your talent, dedicate a whole show to a slim number of people. Say like about 10-12 people at most. Build a card around those 10-12 people and if you can't fill in with matches than just fill in with skits to build up your wrestlers and the show. That probably is the safest bet.

Did I follow the above formula? Hell no. But it's probably the best way to play the game below Global.

Guest Angle-plex

I've gotten five ****3/4 matches, but no ***** matches yet.

My War Games only got ***3/4. <_<

Guest Angle-plex
I'm still in my 1st month with the wwe and I just got a message that said both Smackdown and heat have been cancelled...And that was after a ****3/4 star match between Aj Styles/Tajiri and The shocking heel turn by Brock.

SummerSlam's in a week and i'm screwed without Tv.

I think WWE's risk level is too high for UPN.

Guest TheArchiteck

Woooohoooo baby.

Took over XPW........they got a NICE amount of good workers.

I'll be a nice boss and make it a split roster and let them keep at least two of their belts.

But right now I have to pass out pinkslips to the weak links in the staff and roster.

And I also gained 2 PI points!

WWE is only like 4 PI points ahead of me....they've been dropping REALLY hard.

I can't believe I haven't gotten fired yet. I've lost money four months in a row, lost PI four months in a row and then last month, it went WAY down, because I tried to schedule another monthly large card (thinking it would go at the end of the month like it always does,) and they scheduled it for the NEXT DAY. Then, when I cancelled it, I lost about 20 PI points. The owner keeps saying I'm doing an extremely bad job, and my only hope is that my January card will make a lot of money with Raven/AJ Styles headlining.

Also, when I switched my TV deal to late evening from graveyard, it didn't help me at all with sponsors, but it did make me put on an extra match every night. I can't afford to pay six to eight decent workers every week. I've been trying to do things where there's a double DQ and they fight again in a tag match or both workers have warmup matches before the main event, but I'm having a hell of a time making it. Then, when I put in a jobber match, the rating for the show goes way down.

Guest Nevermortal

Started a WWE game.

Had this match on Velocity.

Best Damn Tag Team Period vs Tajiri and Ultimo Dragon.

Match Background: This match is for the WWF Tag Team titles.

The Match: Second rope flying axe handle, Haas goes down. One day, Dragon might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Haas reverses a Ultimo Dragon hammerlock. Hard back suplex on Dragon. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Haas tags out to Shelton Benjamin. Ultimo Dragon takes a butterfly suplex from Shelton. Fallaway slam by Shelton Benjamin puts down Ultimo Dragon. Dragon backdrops Shelton Benjamin out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Ultimo Dragon. Dragon uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Dragon tags out to Tajiri. Tajiri connects with a back heel kick on Shelton and gets back up quickly. Shelton takes a flying neckbreaker from Tajiri. Tajiri charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Bodyslam by Shelton. Shelton tags out to Charlie Haas. Tajiri walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Hard back suplex on Tajiri. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Charlie Haas floors Tajiri. Here it comes...Haas Of Pain! Tajiri taps! Best Damn Tag Team Period climb opposite turnbuckles, working the crowd as they celebrate their victory.

My Opinion: I'd love to see a rematch and see if they can top this. ****

Oh shit. The WWE just signed Raven to a written contract. Now I'm really screwed. I guess that's why they said I should have a smaller wrestler as my champion.

Well, after losing my TV deal, I actually made money for the first time, but then I go bankrupt the same month. That's screwed up.

Guest Nevermortal

I signed AJ Styles and after weeks of hype, he debuts.

AJ Styles vs Tajiri.

Match Background: Styles is making his debut at this show.

The Match: Tajiri hits a dropkick on AJ Styles and gets right back up. GORGEOUS Spinning bulldog in the corner and Styles is down. Covers for a quick two count. Styles blocks a punch. AJ Styles kicks the leg, knocks Tajiri down, and goes to work on it. Styles hits a dropkick on Tajiri and gets right back up. Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond Dust from AJ Styles, Tajiri is out! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Spin kick by AJ Styles to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Tajiri blocks a punch. Flying cross body off the top rope! There's a two count on the pin. Styles walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one of those though? Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Tajiri uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Tajiri hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Tajiri goes for a splash but Styles puts the knees up. Styles uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Back heel kick off the second rope and Tajiri goes flying! AJ Styles moves in for the kill. Styles Clash!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! AJ Styles climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

My Opinion: A ****1\2 rating for a great match. Keep on trucking...you'll get there.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Okay, here's a real basic question. I'm just starting to fiddle around with the game.

The open contract system is neat, because you've basically got access to bazillions of indy guys any time. Am I right in assuming though that, once you've got a TV deal, there's no reason to not try to get written contracts? I'm playing around with Ring of Honor right now, just fiddling about and getting a feel for the financial engine. It seems that, with just about every guy on an open contract, if you pay him double his appearance fee (in some cases less), he'll sign a nice, long written contract with you.

So: Raven, 60,000 per appearance. A weekly TV show + end of the month show makes that $300,000 a month. Whereas you could get him, exclusively, without the possibility of anyone using him, him going to Japan, or another company signing him to a written contract for $120,000 a month, less than half the price and the cost of just 2 appearances on the open system. Take it on a lower cost guy if those numbers look too daunting: Trent Acid asks $17,000 a show, but you can get him on a written deal for about $25,000.

So, is there a catch to the economics? I'm just getting started so I haven't seen the long-term effects, but it seems that once you've hit TV, there's no reason to deal in open contracts except for special, one-shot appearances from guys you don't use regularly. Obviously open is the way to go before TV, but it seems worthless after that.

Guest Nevermortal

Velocity is fricking STAR EMPORIUM. TWO FOUR STAR MATCHES ON THE SAME SHOW!

Backseat Boyz v. RVD/Hurricane

Eddie Guerrero v. Ultimo Dragon

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye
Briscoe Boys vs Gedo and Jado.

Match Background: J.Briscoe is making his debut at this show. He also works for RoH and CZW. M.Briscoe is making his debut at this show. He also works for RoH and FLI. Gedo is making his debut at this show. He is a regular with XPW. Jado is making his debut at this show. Gedo and Jado are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Gedo knows Jado from their battles for NJPW in Japan. Gedo and Jado and Briscoe Boys are currently feuding. Neither team holds an in-ring victory since the feud started.

The Match: J.Briscoe is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Bodyslam by Gedo. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Jado. Gedo scoops up J.Briscoe. Jado bounces off the ropes and hits a flying Hart Attack clothesline. Covers for a quick two count. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Jay Briscoe once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Flying cross body off the top rope! Covers for a quick two count. Tag between Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe. Flying cross body off the top rope! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! M.Briscoe uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Jado backdrops Mark Briscoe out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Jado. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Tag between Jado and Gedo. Gedo gets up and gives a Belly to belly suplex to Gedo. Tag to Jay Briscoe. Gedo drives a thrust kick into the chest of J.Briscoe. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Jay Briscoe floors Gedo, then signals for the J Driller. Meanwhile, Gedo has something in his hands. J.Briscoe comes over...and gets nailed with a set of brass knuckles! The referee wakes up to see the pinfall: 1....2....3! It's over. Gedo and Jado nod at each other...and they attack Briscoe Boys! The element of surprise works in their favour, and they have soon left Briscoe Boys down and out on the canvas.

My Opinion: Consider yourself lucky, a ****1\4 is hard to get and it was earned every step of the way. Let's see if you can do better now.

Not bad for a random match thrown in during my disorganized as all hell tag title tourney. These guys are gonna do nicely holding together my undercard with a ***3/4 and now a ****1/4 match from Dames.

Guest papacita

I'm in the second month of my created UWA fed and I'm loving it so far. I'm killing TNA and this new HGC fed in our war, and my PI is rising steadily. One thing that's kinda frustrating though is that you can't have a wrestler appear more than twice on a show without him losing overness. It's not that big a deal on weekly shows, but it kinda hurt me on my last PPV, where I had a tourney 3 round for my World Title. I was able to work around it somewhat by having one of the matches end in a draw so that the champion stayed strong, but the other guy dropped a few points.

Interestingly, every match on that show but one was *** or higher. The one that didn't make it had 85% match quality, but got 67% overall because the crowd was still pumped from a previous match. I HATE when that happens.

Guest Nevermortal

This baffled me:

Backseat Boyz vs The Dudley Boyz.

Match Background: The Dudley Boyz are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion.

The Match: Running knee lift from D-Von Dudley. Johnny Kashmere avoids a D-Von Dudley avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Hard back suplex on D-Von. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Tag between Johnny Kashmere and Trent Acid. Trent Acid hits a rolling kick on D-Von. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. D-Von reverses a Trent Acid hammerlock. D-Von Dudley with a spinning neckbreaker on Acid. Tag between D-Von Dudley and Bubba Ray Dudley. STIFF~! chop lights up Acid who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Trent Acid by Bubba. Remember when that was a legit finish? Trent Acid elbows Bubba Ray Dudley in the face to break a hammerlock. Second rope flying axe handle, Bubba goes down. One day, Acid might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Acid tags out to Johnny Kashmere. Diamond Dust from Johnny Kashmere and Bubba is out! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Hard back suplex on Bubba. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Backseat Boyz have Bubba Ray Dudley to themselves. T Gimmick! 1....2....3! It's over. Backseat Boyz remain in the ring, celebrating their victory.

My Opinion: A ****1\2 rating for a great match. Keep on trucking...you'll get there.

Dudleys v. Backseats... ****1/2? Never would've expected THAT.

EDIT: LOL! I had a Ric Flair v. Kurt Angle feud to build my Triple H v. Angle unification bout and Angle did a Tiger Driver '91 on Flair.

Okay, here's a real basic question. I'm just starting to fiddle around with the game.

The open contract system is neat, because you've basically got access to bazillions of indy guys any time. Am I right in assuming though that, once you've got a TV deal, there's no reason to not try to get written contracts? I'm playing around with Ring of Honor right now, just fiddling about and getting a feel for the financial engine. It seems that, with just about every guy on an open contract, if you pay him double his appearance fee (in some cases less), he'll sign a nice, long written contract with you.

So: Raven, 60,000 per appearance. A weekly TV show + end of the month show makes that $300,000 a month. Whereas you could get him, exclusively, without the possibility of anyone using him, him going to Japan, or another company signing him to a written contract for $120,000 a month, less than half the price and the cost of just 2 appearances on the open system. Take it on a lower cost guy if those numbers look too daunting: Trent Acid asks $17,000 a show, but you can get him on a written deal for about $25,000.

So, is there a catch to the economics? I'm just getting started so I haven't seen the long-term effects, but it seems that once you've hit TV, there's no reason to deal in open contracts except for special, one-shot appearances from guys you don't use regularly. Obviously open is the way to go before TV, but it seems worthless after that.

depends how often you're gonna use them. If they're on written, you're commited to them for at least a year, so if you only want them for one feud, it's worthless. If you're using everyone on a written contract, it's worthwile. But too many, and you'll end up leaking money like a sieve.

Also, bear in mind that a tv show has limmited returns, so you wontbe making as much money off of it as a normal show (I think).

Guest Lightning Flik
Okay, here's a real basic question.  I'm just starting to fiddle around with the game.

The open contract system is neat, because you've basically got access to bazillions of indy guys any time.  Am I right in assuming though that, once you've got a TV deal, there's no reason to not try to get written contracts?

As soon as you get a TV show, put the wrestlers you use most under written contract. I'd say at least have 12-14 people if you've got a Prime Time show, 10-12 for Early Evening, 8-10 for Late Night, and for Graveyard 6-8. As having people under written contracts mean that you are only paying out XXXXX amount of dollars for that person to show up for the whole month and not XXXXX per appearance (which you'll end up paying 5-6 times, starts to add up).

Also you don't get access to EVERY indy star, but enough to keep your company afloat. Yet, my suggestion to you is to find about 10 wrestlers that have great stats that aren't tied down to anyone and sign them up to written regardless of if you've got a TV show or not. If you are Cult or higher in status, those 10 guys will do house shows for you and you'll earn money for them doing so. It's not much, but it'll be a nice little extra bonus. Plus those 10 guys you have under written contracts should be guys you are commited to making stars of your company. That is, if you wish to do so.

I'm playing around with Ring of Honor right now, just fiddling about and getting a feel for the financial engine.  It seems that, with just about every guy on an open contract, if you pay him double his appearance fee (in some cases less), he'll sign a nice, long written contract with you.

So: Raven, 60,000 per appearance.  A weekly TV show + end of the month show makes that $300,000 a month.  Whereas you could get him, exclusively, without the possibility of anyone using him, him going to Japan, or another company signing him to a written contract for $120,000 a month, less than half the price and the cost of just 2 appearances on the open system.  Take it on a lower cost guy if those numbers look too daunting: Trent Acid asks $17,000 a show, but you can get him on a written deal for about $25,000.

Yup. There is that. It's basically what I did. Actually, if someone is doing a Japan tour, you RARELY can sign them from their commitments. I say rarely, as I haven't done it yet, and I'm not sure if you can.

So, is there a catch to the economics?  I'm just getting started so I haven't seen the long-term effects, but it seems that once you've hit TV, there's no reason to deal in open contracts except for special, one-shot appearances from guys you don't use regularly.  Obviously open is the way to go before TV, but it seems worthless after that.

Open is good if you still need to save money still. I'm right now only have 24 out of my 36 roster under written contract because I can't sign them all as you do want to make cash every now and then.

And now, concerns with my fed. I've managed to get SWF a TV show, but I ran into a huge problem. I have two tag teams that I really want apart of my fed, but both teams have one guy who isn't signed on with me and is in a much bigger fed than I am. I'm talking about the Backseat Boyz and Second City Saints. I have Colt Cabana and Johnny Kashmere, but I've only got CM Punk and Trent Acid on open contracts. Should I spend the money to sign them from TNA and RoH respectively, or not?

Worse yet, I've made Kid Kash my World Champion at my last Event because I wasn't sure I'd get a TV deal right away. What do I do? Do you think I should attempt signing him away from TNA? Is it possible, considering TNA is like National?