TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Orton vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania?

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Im going to take a wild guess and assume; that Orton *snaps* after losing next monday and goes nuts and stacy tries to calm him down but he screams "YOU!" and goes into a "Because of you; I have lost my edge. Because of these fans, I lost my edge. I used to be the god damn legend killer, and now Im just a concussed in love loser! Not anymore, I will not lose at WrestleMania. Because The killer is back, and there's only one legend who remains and it's the biggest legend there is...The Undertaker. Im calling his ass for Mania. Then it all will be done, I will be the greatest legend killer of all time".

Undertaker wrestles Jindrak/Reigns on smackdown, Orton makes a surprise appearence and RKO's 'taker. Long is pissed and makes the match as well with Bischoff's blessing.

Orton will have to go over. He's already on thin ice as a future massive star (top three in the company for years to come as they originally intended), and to lose a huge match after talking loads of shit and beating each legend he's been against AND getting rocked by Trips for the last five or six months would kill him off for a looooooong time, if not to the point of no return.

Orton will have to go over. He's already on thin ice as a future massive star (top three in the company for years to come as they originally intended), and to lose a huge match after talking loads of shit and beating each legend he's been against AND getting rocked by Trips for the last five or six months would kill him off for a looooooong time, if not to the point of no return.

I wouldn't care. I never, in anyway, cared for Orton, Heel,Face,Evolution,Legend Killer etc. he just always bored the shit out of me. I really don't wanna see him in the Main-Event anymore.

I rather have Undertaker, whom I actually mark out for, keep his streak than have a nobody like Orton ruin it.

Orton or Taker will go heel, that's for sure. If anything, Orton needs to turn, because his run as a face has become dry. Besides, how many more times can the Undertaker turned already?

Orton or Taker will go heel, that's for sure. If anything, Orton needs to turn, because his run as a face has become dry. Besides, how many more times can the Undertaker turned already?

Also, Taker argubly is the most over Superstar in the WWE right now. the fans wouldn't wanna boo him, If anything, They'd boo Orton anyways if he was in the same ring with Taker. heel or face.

Also, Taker argubly is the most over Superstar in the WWE right now. the fans wouldn't wanna boo him, If anything, They'd boo Orton anyways if he was in the same ring with Taker. heel or face.

He gets a great reaction for his entrance, but that's almost it. Ratings wise on SD, at least for the 2-3 months up until the first week of December, he was a slight negative ratings draw, and that hasn't changed much, if at all, since then.

If the match were to take place tomorrow, then I'd agree that Undertaker has to go over, because the state of Randy Orton right now means nobody would buy his victory. However, if by this WM or the next, with it 99.99% certain of being the next, they can get someone on the verge of breaking through to the superstar level, then they really have to pull the trigger on having that person, whoever it is, be the guy to break Undi's streak. As I said earlier, it's about the only major rub anyone in WWE has left to give, and whether it's this year or the next, for the good of those sticking around, it has to get broken eventually.

This will be a entertaining match for one reason.. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how they'd finish it... and that to me would be awesome. I love when matches are unpredictable.. and to me... this is.

Come on guys..........you can't see how they can automatically build this match for Mania with the timeframe they got? You have Taker parading around as the in-house legend and a legendary streak, while Orton's father(along with Piper) are being inducted into the HOF. If you can't see the wwe is teasing something here with those men influencing Orton I don't know what to say. The HOF clip and backstage skit sealed it for me on RAW. Hopefully, I'm right and the creative team is actually creative this time.

They can do this in many ways. Orton can lose and still have heat. They can have him challenge him as a face and then upset his father and Piper for being a loser thus turning heel and going to smackdown to fix the problem of UT. They got a lot to work with here, but I'm with those who say UT should keep his streak. The reason I say this is that no one deserves that kind of push now. Giving it to Orton IS A WASTE, but as for the match a lot more people will assume it's POSSIBLE for Taker to lose due to the storyline which hasn't happened in YEARS at Mania. As some have stated going over Taker and getting the duke doesn't necessarily ensure that the person will be passed the torch. We have seen this with Hogan/Warrior, plus WM needs some kind of great statistic to add to the event. I ask this....does anyone remember the man whom broke Andre the Giant's winning streak for winning battle royales? When did it happen? In hindsight, it was better for the wwf to allow Andre to keep the record of undefeated master of the match.

They can make Orton into a big star if they book this thing right. It's the cockiness and almost winning that will be the main trigger in executing Orton's character back to the heel machine he was last srping and summer. Hell, I actually liked that rumour I saw here with Orton facing Hogan because of the backdrop of the Mania 1 theme.

Another thing to add is this....Orton was given the mighty push from hell with winning the world title last summer. Hunter's Torn Quad is right. The fans will just loathe Orton in a way that gets him X-Pac heat. If Brock Lesnar wasn't so unreliable, I would agree with that poster who said Brock would be perfect. UT makes an open challenge and out comes Brock Lesnar to upset UT. THAT would garner TREMONDOUS heat for Lesnar for obvious reasons and the fans would actually buy Lesnar going over Taker. Of course, there is a massive problem with this to say the least.

If Orton actually goes over if the match takes place, I'd expect Taker to get stupidly large payday. I really doubt he'd want to lay down for Orton after he's became damaged goods over the last few months.

I'm starting to get concerned about the role Edge will play here at Mania. I expected Edge/Orton in a battle of the overpushed main eventers dropped to mid-card match but now Edge has no real storyline going except that he keeps getting "screwed" and whines.

There's only Jericho, Benoit and Benjamin to go with here...However; I thought the consensus was that Jericho Vs Benoit or Benoit/Jericho Vs Mysterio/Guerrero was set (might as well make 3 major rawvssmackdown matches). I also was expecting Hassan/Benjamin.

However; I could see Benjamin and Edge for the IC title with Hassan getting a promo complaining about the injustice that not being on the show is and then comes HOFer Hollywood Hulk Hogan for a "surprise" appearence and a beatdown to follow.

I'm starting to get concerned about the role Edge will play here at Mania. I expected Edge/Orton in a battle of the overpushed main eventers dropped to mid-card match but now Edge has no real storyline going except that he keeps getting "screwed" and whines.

On this point, I visit a few boards inhabited by mostly "marks" and they don't buy Edge or Orton as main eventers in the slightest. To them, Edge has so called "X-Pac Heat", they find him annoying, whiny, and didn't buy in the least that he could beat Shawn Michaels at the Royal Rumble. Orton, they like a little better, but they don't believe he should be champion or fighting for the title because "he hasn't been around long enough". Don't mean to extrapolate, but if this is how the majority of the audience (non-smark) feels, WWE might be in deep trouble.

The only person I can see ending Taker's streak is Trips or HBK. Something tells me that when Taker is about to retire, HHH will ask Vinny Mac if he can end it.

If Triple H wanted to end it; he would have when he had the shot and every reason to go over....@ Mania XVII.

Guest Trivia247

they will have to develope real fast some particular reason why a current face of Raw who now is being saddled with Stacy as a valet/gf will turn on the fans and for some reason wish to go after The Undertaker on another show.

Guest Frank_Nabbit
If Triple H wanted to end it; he would have when he had the shot and every reason to go over....@ Mania XVII.

According to various sources, HHH was to go over, but HBK showed up "incapable of performing" and HHH was punished due to his friend ruining the planned storyline

According to various sources, HHH was to go over, but HBK showed up "incapable of performing" and HHH was punished due to his friend ruining the planned storyline

this has been debated several times on the board, was Shawn going to cost Undertaker or HHH the match? I've heard that Shawn would help HHH win and then they would face Undertaker and Kane at Backlash, but I've also heard that Shawn would have helped UT win and Shawn and HHH would have had their feud a year and half earlier

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
- With WWE likely going with an Undertaker vs. Randy Orton match at WrestleMania 21, a slot has opened up for Matt Hardy on the big show. WWE might do a Matt Hardy vs. Kane vs. Gene Snitsky match at 'Mania, with Lita involved somehow. Hardy is on pace to return to the ring in early March. [PWTorch.com]

But where does this leave Heidenreich and his big WrestleMania match?

- With WWE likely going with an Undertaker vs. Randy Orton match at WrestleMania 21, a slot has opened up for Matt Hardy on the big show. WWE might do a Matt Hardy vs. Kane vs. Gene Snitsky match at 'Mania, with Lita involved somehow. Hardy is on pace to return to the ring in early March. [PWTorch.com]

But where does this leave Heidenreich and his big WrestleMania match?

If No Way Out is any indication we might see (shudder) Booker vs Heidenreich.

HBK had to much Jesus juice.

I wouldn't rule out them doing a 24 man battle royal (12 per side) as an excuse to get the other men such as Kane, Snitsky, Heidy, Booker, TBS on the show.

Although they could just do another fatal four tag team thing for each brand.

Raw: Tajiri/Regal-Christian/Tomko-Le Rez-Superheroes

Smackdown: Bashams- Dudleyz(returning)-Jindrak/Reigns-TBS/Booker(2 upper/mid card faces with nothing after the NWO programs. Might as well stick 'em together since they have a built in feud with bashams)

Still leaves Snitsky-Kane-Heidenreich out; which I dont mind.

Guest Ransome
If they have any result but Undertaker winning, it'll be a crowd killer. Orton isn't ready to get this kind of win; he doesn't have the credibility for it. If Orton beats Undertaker, he'll have X-Pac Heat.

Out of curiousity, which WWE superstar would be most suited to the job of ending UT's Wrestlemania streak? Who could benefit the most from it without getting this 'X-pac heat'?

One wonders if this is the greatest possible rub WWE can give to a young star.