TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Hebner screws Hebner

I feel bad for Earl. Hope he has some money to fall back on.

I feel bad for the guy. I only chanted "you screwed Bret" cause I liked the guy and it added to the fun of being at a event. Honestly if he was selling stuff, more power too him. Guy deserves a decent retirment. He will be missed by at least one person.

Well, on the bright side for the marks the WWE could just dress Dave up in a referee outfit and they'd probably think it was Earl.

Because the marks just love Earl Hebner...

Wow, this is quite a weird story huh? Selling merchandise? que?

anyhow, it's gonna be weird to watch wrestlemania and not see Earl in the main event,as he's been the top ref sinceI started watching wrestling as a little kid in 1990.

geez can we get over Montreal already? I guess you hate Earl cuz he broke his promise to Bret and I agree that was a rather dick move, but I mean it was Vince who made the whole thing happen. Earl did his job otherwise he would have been canned on the spot, and I don't think Bret had too much time to care for a referee while he lived nicely on his multi-miilon dollar WCW contract.

Yea Earl's manerisms were so predictable and his counts annoying. I agree. But you knew when the match was over cuz he would take 5 minutes between each count.

I will always remember NWO 2001 when Rock pinned Angle after a RB, but Earl stopped the count at two, despite Angle not kicking out. Rocks got up and hit another RB, gave Earl this hilarious angry face and got the three. They edited this on all future replays of the finish, to show an earlier Angle kickout from anothe camera angle.

BTW Howard still usually announces Heat, but the dumbasses at WWE think people actually want to listen to Lillian screw up entrances and sing horrible national anthems every night.

And funny how he got you screwed Bret chants, apparantly no Hulkamaniacs remembered that Earl screwed Hogan first.

However I shouldn't defend him, since I myself instigated a you screwed Bret chant at Unforgiven 2002 (by simply mentioning that to a couple of fans in front of me.)

geez can we get over Montreal already? I guess you hate Earl cuz he broke his promise to Bret and I agree that was a rather dick move, but I mean it was Vince who made the whole thing happen. Earl did his job otherwise he would have been canned on the spot, and I don't think Bret had too much time to care for a referee while he lived nicely on his multi-miilon dollar WCW contract.

No, I cant. Not until I see Bret kick Vince's ass all over [insert state name here] in a WM match.

No, I cant. Not until I see Bret kick Vince's ass all over [insert state name here] in a WM match.

God, you are pathetic.

God, you are pathetic.

:( Brets my favourite.

God, you are pathetic.

But how would seeing Bret 'sell out' so to speak by working for Vince again and then beating him in FAKE FIGHT make you feel better about the situation? :huh:

Tim White is still hurt isnt he?

He got hurt (his shoulder) in the HHH/jericho HIAC at Judgment Day 02 and hasnt been the same since. he came back for Wm 20 and reffed the Jericho/Christian match, but reinjured the shoulder during the final 3 count allegedly. So I guess hes retired as a ref now.

And even as A Bret Hart fan I have now came to my final concluson and say that indeed Bret Screwed Bret. He asked for it, he got it....TOYOTA

Guest JMA
And even as A Bret Hart fan I have now came to my final concluson and say that indeed Bret Screwed Bret. He asked for it, he got it....TOYOTA

Vince already admitted that the "Bret Screwed Bret" line was nonsense, and that he (Vince McMahon) did screw him (Bret). Therefore, unless Bret says the opposite, I consider the matter to be pretty shut and dry.

Earl's problem is his "1-2-FULL BODY SPASM!" count that telegraphs a kick-out.

It was really funny those few times he was supposed to count the 3, but did his belly flop instead while the guy's shoulders were still down. Best one I can remember is from mid-2003 during a 6-man tag on Raw. Triple H hit Hurricane with the Pedigree, an obvious finish to everyone, apparently except Earl. So he had to get up and ring the bell after a 2-count to end the show.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

WWE road agent Dave Hebner was released by WWE yesterday, after his twin brother referee Earl Hebner was released on Monday, due to issues involving unauthorized selling of WWE merchandise. He was initially suspended, then released a day later, according to reports, said PWInsider.com.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

In a follow up to a story reported earlier, it appears that only Earl Hebner, not Dave, was an owner in the Pro Shirt Shop. In addition, it appears that Earl has now sold his share in the store. One of the owners stated today that the store only sells merchandise from Licensed Distributors. Earl Hebner and Dave Hebner were fired from WWE this week for what is believed to be selling merchandise without WWE permission. [PWInsider.com]

My favorite Earl Hebner moment was Royal Rumble 1992. The Natural Disasters had just beat The Legion of Doom (via countout I think) and Heber raised their hands in vicotry, and his face is all red from apparent strain of the two much larger men.

I'll miss him for nostalgic purposes.

Tim White is listed as a road agent for WWE now. That is from obsessedwithwrestling.com, but not sure how accurate it is. I think he is "retired" as a ref due to the severe shoulder injury.

God, you are pathetic.

But how would seeing Bret 'sell out' so to speak by working for Vince again and then beating him in FAKE FIGHT make you feel better about the situation? :huh:

(1) At least I get to see Bret on TV again.

(2) A Vince ass-kicking is always a good thing.

(3) Wrestling's fake, get over it.

(4) Bret may have some form of future on TV, hopefully ring wise.

(5) That means that Bret can finally be inducted into the Hall of Fame, where he rightfully belongs.