TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Hebner screws Hebner

Ah, so THAT's why he wasn't on Raw tonight.

...sad...his last appearance was being low blowed by a Diva Search girl.

No it wasnt sad. That chick is famous now.

My friend is gonna die when I show him this...

Why is he going to die.

There goes the number one heel in Canada... good fucking bye.

Dammit. :angry:

do you think TNA will try to pick him up?

I sincerely hope not.

Fired for selling merchandies without permission?

There has to be more to it than that.

And yes, he was a terrible referee. His counting always killed the momentum early in the match.

Depends what he sold and how much.

All they need to do now is get rid of Michaels and Vince and were back in business baby. :headbang:

Guest Ronixis

Woah.

This...is a bit of a shock. Hebner never could count a lick but he has been there since the old days.

Problem is, whos going to do the big matches now?

Man this must have happened fast because I saw Earl ref some matches at the Raw house show on Sat.

It's tough to feel sorry for the guy though. Note that in this thread no one has said "Gee I feel sorry for Earl Hebner, he didn't do anything wrong and was such a great ref."

They could bring in Fonzie if they wanted, have him do a corrupt ref gimmick or maybe have him enforce all the rules like he did in ECW.

Guest Fook

I hated Hebner as a ref. His counting was horrible and he always gave away when it was going to be a two count by dropping to his stomach. When it was a three count he'd stay on his knees. Pissed me off every time.

All they need to do now is get rid of Michaels and Vince and were back in business baby.

Don't hold your breath.

Weird. Oh well. Mike Chioda's always been the best one, especially bump-wise, and it's a shame White had to retire. On a side note, was Tim White related to Leon 'Vader' White? I always thought they looked similar facially.

Weird. Oh well. Mike Chioda's always been the best one, especially bump-wise, and it's a shame White had to retire. On a side note, was Tim White related to Leon 'Vader' White? I always thought they looked  similar facially.

Interesting question. I dont think so, but Im not sure.

Guest MikeSC
Fired for selling merchandies without permission?

There has to be more to it than that.

And yes, he was a terrible referee. His counting always killed the momentum early in the match.

I never hated his early match counting.

However, the end of the match 2 minute long 3 counts got really old.

Him being fired is for the best. He's taken all of that head trauma over the years and all, he gets knocked out with a stiff breeze. :)

Well, at least they can still yell "You screwed Bret" in Canada whenever Vince or HBK come out. ;)

I'm a bit saddened by the news. I never thought Hebner was that bad of a referee. I know people hate him because of Montreal and other reasons, but he was always my favorite referee in the WWE.

I have to concur that this firing must have been quick b/c Hebner was referee for several matches @ a Friday house show in Rupp Arena.

I feel bad for Earl. Hope he has some money to fall back on.

Depends on how much merchandise he sold...

I was thinking, TNA should have a Bret Hart/Hebner match.

Id pay for that. :D

I know people hate him because of Montreal and other reasons, but he was always my favorite referee in the WWE.

Chiodas mine. He looks like he could maybe perhaps enforce the rules.

Guest JMA

Hopefully he has plenty of money to take care of his family. How much does a referee make in a year?

Other than that, this doesn't really sadden me too much. He most likely would've retired in a few years anyway. And if he still wants to referee he can most likely make some money in the indies.

When I first read the topic title, I thought either Dave screwed Earl, or vice versa. Than I remembered the Brett screwed Brett line by Vince.

Guest Stunt Granny

Geez this was unexpected. Next thing you know Howard Finkle's gonna get axed for running a prostituion ring.

Guest StylesMark

For anyone to call him "miserable" is a bit of a stretch, unless you know him.

And I have a hunch that none of you do.

Guest jumpingbombangel
Hopefully he has plenty of money to take care of his family. How much does a referee make in a year?

Other than that, this doesn't really sadden me too much. He most likely would've retired in a few years anyway. And if he still wants to referee he can most likely make some money in the indies.

I've heard talk of Earl being ridiculously overpaid. Somewhere in the six figure range...way too high for the amount of work he did, whatever it was.

I've heard talk of Earl being ridiculously overpaid. Somewhere in the six figure range...way too high for the amount of work he did, whatever it was.

Ive heard/read that as well. I wonder if he got a raise in lat 1997.

Guest JMA

Suddenly I feel less sorry for him. I guess Vince gave him a reward after he betrayed his "friend."