TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theintensifier

The verses thread

I don't see why Juggernaut being able to bend the laws of physics means that physics should be totally out of the equation. Juggernaut cannot be stopped, and Superman can; thus, if the two of them collided, Superman would be stopped, not Juggernaut. Unless they meshed into each other somehow, in which case they'd both be dead.

I dunno about Onslaught; I never really got into that.

And as far as flying at him goes (I know that I *said* that Justice had already covered this, but I'm just filling in some holes) I would think that, assuming Juggernaut was moving towards Supes at the time (and why wouldn't he be? He knows he's unstoppable), that would be more likely to knock the air out of Superman, since Juggernaut cannot be stopped, only slowed. And laws of physics tell us that when two things hit, and one of them cannot be stopped, it's the other one that gets fucked.
Yeah, but I think you have to take physics out of it when one of the guys powers is that he specifically breaks Newton's 2nd law through magic.

Well, it doesn't contradict as much as it bends. If he's unstoppable, then that means he's set as a constant: The more powerful force. Thusly, Supes (Being bound to proper physics), would bounce.

And yeah, agree to disagree. I'd prefer, though, you not diss Juggernaught like he's fucking Dazzler.:P

It happened, (gay gem being removed) now he's an avatar of Cyttorak (or was all along) and he's stronger. It was stupid.

I'm pretty sure Supes couldn't do that. He'd have to be able to reach into Juggernaut's body, and nasty as he is, Onslaught's much stronger.

I dunno about Onslaught; I never really got into that.
Very good call there.

And yeah, agree to disagree. I'd prefer, though, you not diss Juggernaught like he's fucking Dazzler
Whoa whoa whoa.... I'll have you know that Dazzler is the awesomenest... no I can't do it Dazzler sucks.

Anyways agree to disagree sounds fine.

Off-topic, has anyone seen what Juggernaut looks like in X3? Lame. It's just a tall guy in a really bad looking muscle suit and a really really gay outfit. And I think he's just a standard strong muitant as well. It's too bad cause they could have sone some awesome stuff with that character in a movie setting.

Yeah, he looks like a tool. The actor playing him is awesome (Big Chris/Bullet-Tooth Tony from the Guy Ritchie movies), but I really think there's no real way to make that character look good outside of comic books.

The majority of us here agree that Juggernaut would destroy Superman.

What about Superman vs. Captain Marvel (DC) ?

And:

Secretwarcap.jpg

Rogers in the regular Marvel Universe has no superhuman powers. However, as a result of the Super-Soldier serum, he was transformed from a frail young man into a "nearly perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning, making him able to lift (press) 800 lbs over his head with extreme effort. He has also been depicted curling 500 lbs. numerous times in a workout routine. Captain America is as strong, fast, agile, and durable as it is possible for a human being to be without being considered superhuman. The formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and also prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles, giving him endurance far in excess of an ordinary human being.

Mentally, his battle experience and training has also made him an expert tactician and an excellent field commander, with his teammates frequently deferring to his orders in battle. Rogers's reflexes and senses are also extraordinarily keen. He has mastered boxing, jiu-jitsu and judo, combined with his virtually superhuman gymnastic ability into his own unique fighting style. Years of practice with using his indestructible shield has made it practically an extension of his own body, and he is able to aim and throw it with almost unerring accuracy and ricochet the shield to hit multiple targets. He is also one of the best hand-to-hand combatants in the Marvel Universe.

VS.

Batmanlee.png

They should make a mini-series with these two fighting.

The majority of us here agree that Juggernaut would destroy Superman.

Hey hey hey. Majority? There's you and Metal Maniac saying that Juggernaut would beat Superman. And Justice was just defending Juggernaut's abilities, a couple pages ago he said Superman would probably win. That's it. That is no majority.

Edited by ZGangsta

Wasn't it Batman and Captain America that saved both the Marvel and DC Universes during the lame mega-crossover?

Yeah, but they didn't really do anything. The two of them were just kind of 'there' when the two super-omnipotent 'brothers' were about to clash and destroy everything. Then all of a sudden the 'brothers' saw the lives of Bruce Wayne and Steve Rogers and decided that if these two mere mortals could be so great then each of the universes was 'worthy' or some crap like that.

Yes, I believe so. And Batman won the encounter, but only because the sewer they were fighting in flooded and Batman hit Cap with a boomerang by suprise. It says they fought for hours, and could go for weeks.

I dunno if any of you guys read the JLA/Avengers crossover from a little while back, but in that, Batman and Captain America squared off; they fought for only a minute or two, mostly just throwing feints and going through a feeling-out process, before Batman conceded that Captain America could win the fight, but it'd take him a hell of a long time. Batman then suggested that the two of them let the rest of the teams duke it out, while they agreed to a truce so they could find out some real answers.

I think that one would be tough to call, since Cap is probably a bit stronger and faster then Batman, plus his combat training was probably just as good, if not better. Assuming Batman couldn't come up with some sneaky scheme to win (which he probably could) I'd give it to Captain America.

As much as I love the Batman character, and know he's a complete badass, I think Captain America is just a little better. He may not be smarter, but he has a will that will not be broken, and would never quit.

I think Cap would take the fight as well.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Captain America would kick Batman's ass in a fight. However, as people have pointed out before, the way Batman is writeen, he could find a way to beat Captain America if given adequate preparation.

That being said, given his resources and his ability to gameplan, HOW could Batman defeat the X-Men? I'm thinking about JLA: Tower of Babel and how he took out the Justice League.

Batman would exploit their individual weaknesses. Because if they fought him at the same time, he'd lose.

How about Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) vs Spider-Man?

He has Spider-Senses, she can anticipate her opponent's actions. He's stronger, she's an expert fighter with nasty nerve strikes and such.

And it does seem a bit unfair to ALWAYS give Batman the jump on his opponent. He could obviously take out Lad Shiva with some gas or something, given adequate preparation, but it's a wash when they actually fight. He can't carry all his toys around at all times. Don't get me wrong, he's pretty much my favorite character, but it's silly to say he's always going to be fighting on his home turf, totally prepared.

I don't know. Jesus can take one hell of a ass kicking, as seen in the Passion of the Christ, and keep coming. I think Batman could out smart him in the end.

Like Batman doesn't have some nails and a bat-hammer on him at all times. Of course Jesus'll just keep coming back like Ra's al Ghul.

The holy spirit does have a golden sword coming out of his mouth, that's a oretty cool super-power.

I'd make it a ladder match for Batman's utility belt and put it on PPV.

batmanversusjesus.jpg

batsold.jpg

OH MY SON OF GOD!!!! IT'S THE CLOTHESLINE FROM HEAVEN~!!!!!111

1. Throw Jugernaut into the sun. Wouldn't kill, though I guess you could count it as a victory.

2. Suffocate him by creating a vacuum around him at superspeed. No air required.

3. Burn through his eyes with heat vision and blow up his brain. If he can stand heat greater than the sun, I don't think heat vision would work on him.

4. Fly at him at superspeed. Certainly would knock the wind out of him.

5. Drop him in the Artic and freeze him in 1000 tons of ice using a combination of the natural environment and ice breath. Immune to physical conditions.

6. Burn through his skin with his heat vision, incapacitating Juggernaut long enough to punch him senseless and dispose of the body. Again, immune to heat greater than the sun.

7. Knock him unconscious with repeated sonic booms from travelling at superspeed. Actually, that might work. I dunno, but an interesting tactic.

8. Strand him on the moon until he suffocates. No air required.

9. Drill a hole to the center of the Earth at superspeed and trick Juggernaut into stepping into it. o.0 He's dumb, but that's stretching it.

10. Zap him into the Phantom Zone. I didn't know he could do that at will, but I suppose it's possible.

In the interest of fairness, I bolded the responses that have been given in this thread.

Except Juggernaut no longer possesses that level of power.

Since his depowerment at the hands of Cytorrak after the "Eighth Day" events, however, his power levels have decreased in almost every respect. He now needs to breathe, and, while still highly super-strong, possesses only a fraction of the strength he once wielded. Finally, he is no longer an "unstoppable force," and has been stripped of his mystical armour and telepathy-shielding helmet (instead, he wears "unstable molecule" replicas which do not replicate the telepathic shield).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut_%28comics%29

Spider Man clashed with Daredevil and I think Punisher relatively early in their careers, check the Essential books, I think they're in those