TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but is Skip Bayless gay? He was one that implied Troy Aikman was gay in his book about the Cowboys.

Guest Princess Leena

I believe Skip yammered on about his wife once while filling in for Rome, back when I listened to garbage.

Guest Smues

PTI aired on ESPN2 today, yet the Big Finish will be on ESPN1. Stupid.

Guest Princess Leena

Oh, the Big Finish is sooo annoying also.

Only ESPN could find a unique way like that to kill all enjoyment of their only good show.

Guest Felonies!

You know what would be a great idea? The Jeremy Roenick & Curt Schilling Show.

Skip Bayless is fucking worthless...I don't know why Woody Paige hasn't knocked him out yet...it always amuses me when Woody is right 90% of the time and Skip is wrong 100% of the time.

Skip Bayless > Woody Paige.

Of course, comparing the two of them is like comparing testicular cancer to prostate cancer, and being told that you had to pick one as preferable as the other. Even the "preferable" one still sucks; it's just the lesser of two evils.

After living in Colorado and having to read Paige's "funny" writing in the Denver Post, there's no way I can stomach watching him on TV. His shtick wasn't funny then, and it's really not funny now.

Guest Princess Leena

It took me this long to figure out why Skip Bayless is hired...

He made Jim Rome look smart, and now he makes Woody Paige looks smart.

I am praying for a Lakers-Cavaliers final, it only to see how far over the top ESPN goes to promote Kobe vs. LeBron. Seriously if that happens there won't be anything else on the network, even Bonds.

I pray that never happens. ESPN's coverage would be as bad as when the Pistons beat the Lakers in the Finals a few years back. Maily it would be piss poor.

Regarding Skip Bayless...he desperately needs to have someone who can balance out his schtick. At least Woody Paige brings a more lighthearted, low key approach to Cold Pizza (yes, Woody is more low key there than on ATH). The worst shit ever on ESPN is anything with Bayless and Stephen A. Smith. That's like having two guys doing the same ranting and raving schtick and is it ever awful.

As far as Bayless' sexuality, at first I too thought he had to be gay. But as time goes on I almost think he's more of a chauvanist pig. You can really tell that Dana Jacobson hates his guts too. This week they got into a very heated debate on the Kobe/Raja Bell incident, I swear I thought they would come to blows. Whenever Jay Crawford is on vacation and Dana has to host 1st and 10 you can tell she is gritting her teeth over it.

The worst shit ever on ESPN is anything with Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.

I don't know about that the Dan Leotard guest host spots on PTI are hard to watch.

1) They really need to get over themselves with the whole MNF thing. Every day I see a "Classic Monday Night Moment." It's MAY.

2) They honestly think that I'll believe Barry hit a home run today, when they don't start talking about him till 15 minutes into SportsCenter, especially after a teaser of old footage of him homering. Come on now, ESPN, we both know you're leading off the show with that shit if it really happened. That, and, I don't care. At all, nor do I care what Curt Schilling thinks about him, what Corey Lidle has to say, nor whether TO is attending voluntary work-outs or if Favre is coming back. But I guess those should be under their own number.

Alot of times I leave ESPN on in the background while I'm using my computer (surfing the net, computer games, etc), but there is one damn commercial that plays a song that is getting on my last nerve.

The words go "I want a Sunday kind of love...". Everytime I hear that damn song, I have to reach for my romote and mute it. I hate it and want that commercial gone!

Guest Smues

There are much more 'mute button inducing' on ESPN than that one. I want the really retarded ESPN Mobile commercials to die first.

This isn't like sports on your current phone ok!

Who's the chick that fills in on Gamenight on ESPN radio sometimes?

I fucking hate that chick. She sounds like the worlds biggest fan. I don't want my radio and TV people to be fans! Yeah they should be fans but they shouldn't sound like an excited fan talking to me about sports.

She was fucking terrible and she was basically rooting for the Cavs on air and trying to come up with ways to say they would beat Detroit.

Oh, the Big Finish is sooo annoying also.

Only ESPN could find a unique way like that to kill all enjoyment of their only good show.

Yeah, I don't know if it's a complete Jump the Shark moment, but it's definitely a nuisance. What's hilarious is why they made the change - Pardon the Interruption actually gets better ratings than Sportscenter now, so they're trying to carry over as many viewers as possible.

And Gamenight is the absolute worst in sports radio.

Yeah Barron they should be fans. But they shouldn't talk like a fan. They shouldn't root for certain teams and players. And they damn sure shouldn't sound like a fan having a conversation with another fan.