TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

True... but, ESPN actually tries to make these paintball games look like there's actual strategy and seriousness involved in them.

I liked how one team got eliminated because they had a modified gun, and they where talking to the organizer, and he was like, "Yeah guys do that all the time, we crack down on it for Nationals." So basically the teams in the regionals get finger-banged by an illegal gun?

Also one guy tried to wipe off the paint to hide it from the ref, and screwed over his team.

Coolest odd thing on ESPN 2 is the Viking Japanese obsticle courses. I love those things.

One of the Dream Job guys, not the most recent one. He puts himself over too much.

Has the most recent guy, David Holmes, been on at all. Don't get ESPNews. I only care b/c were both Kent State alumni but I do think he did a great job on Dream Job.

Guest Princess Leena

One of the Dream Job guys, not the most recent one. He puts himself over too much.

Has the most recent guy, David Holmes, been on at all. Don't get ESPNews. I only care b/c were both Kent State alumni but I do think he did a great job on Dream Job.

He's on occasionally. He's pretty good. I was glad he won that year, too.

Guest Princess Leena

Melrose tends to say a whole lot of nothing with the usual cliches.

Melrose tends to say a whole lot of nothing with the usual cliches.

He also tends to be the only person on ESPN that talks about hockey and he does a great job. I also heard him announce the NCAA college hockey national championship, he did a good job with that as well. The fact that he picked the Hurricanes to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals doesn't hurt either.

Guest Princess Leena

ESPN doesn't give a damn about hockey, and I think Melrose is their only hockey guy left. Good for him.

Guest Felonies!

If you were a Sportscenter anchor, what would your catch phrase be? I think mine would be "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it," but that might already be Linda Cohn's.

I don't get why everyone praises ESPNews. It's the same thing as SC, the hosts do try to get stupid catchphrases over. (Cindy Brunson - on EVERY home run call - "Player XYZ....with just a little crush")

It's half an hour of talk about Bonds, LeBron, Kobe, Reggie Bush, and Kerry Wood, and they repeat it all day long.

The most annoying thing I find about ESPN is when they put Bonds' stats in the little BREAKING NEWZ! box. The other day it said "Barry Bonds: Not In Lineup (Rest)" ALL DAY LONG.

ESPN leads me to believe that the only players the Cubs have are Kerry Wood and Mark Prior and neither have pitched since god knows when.

Edit > It's not that I hate Wood, or Prior, but the hype machine around these two is rediculous. Wood had a great rookie year. That was in 1998. He's never won 15, he's always hurt. Why, EIGHT years later is this still going on? He was a phenom at that time, a fire-baller in his young 20's. So was Jaret Wright.

Guest Princess Leena

I gotta concur with Jack, here...

Every year, sometime early in the season, ESPN makes Wood and Prior sound like the best pitching twosome in the league. But, they always get injured. Poor Cubbies. Segue into 1242134th story about how the Cubbies haven't won in 200 years.

If you were a Sportscenter anchor, what would your catch phrase be? I think mine would be "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it," but that might already be Linda Cohn's.

HOLY SWEET UNHOLY LORD SATAN THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

HOLY SWEET UNHOLY LORD SATAN THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

Be like Tony "Stat boy" Reali by stealing one-liners from commercials "Not as good, not as good, take it back mon"

Guest Princess Leena

I'd never use catch phrases. They're pointless.

But, I'd never get a ESPN job, anyway. All their female anchors are BUTT ugly. Except for that black one on ESPNEWS.

Sweet Sassy Malassy!

ESPN tends to almost ignore a sporting event not televised on ESPN or ABC.

ESPN would never talk about hockey when it was on. ATH and PTI would just talk about how no one watches hockey.

Sweet Sassy Malassy!

He gets happy go jackie on it like a donkey eating a waffle.

I'd never use catch phrases. They're pointless.

But, I'd never get a ESPN job, anyway. All their female anchors are BUTT ugly. Except for that black one on ESPNEWS.

I would just like to point out that Leena thinks a black chick looks good.

Guest Coffey
All their female anchors are BUTT ugly. Except for that black one on ESPNEWS.

I think Rachel Nicols looks real good.

Guest Princess Leena

Rachel Nichols isn't an anchor, though.

The field reporters, or whatever, are usually cute. Except for a few fat ones.