TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

NCAA Football 07

EA has just released it's first info on NCAA 07, and the cover boy will be none other than...

ncaa07football_ps2boxboxart_160w.jpg

Here are some NCAA 07 links.

Official EA NCAA 07 Site

Gamestop (Pre-Order, Screenshots, etc)

IGN PS2

IGN Xbox 360 Page

I've always preferred NCAA over Madden, and this year will be no exception. Looks great so far.

Guest Vitamin X

I have a feeling they're going to change that. In light of the recent scandal and questions about Bush's character, that'll probably be bad for EA Sports.

Guest InuYasha
I have a feeling they're going to change that. In light of the recent scandal and questions about Bush's character, that'll probably be bad for EA Sports.

Compared to EA, whatever this guy did will still make him look like a saint.

Compared to EA, whatever this guy did will still make him look like a saint.

I see what you (perhaps unintentionally) did there.

They will change it. The NCAA will likely ask them to change it, and it will be changed to either Young or Leinart.

Turn the tide in your favor and control momentum like never before with NCAA Football 07. Storm ahead early or come from behind late with drive-stopping sacks, key turnovers, and clutch first down conversions on your path to the first-ever BCS Championship Game in Dynasty Mode. In the all-new Student Athlete mode, you must remain disciplined to maintain a high GPA and improve your character and intelligence on and off the field. Grab your text books, strap on your helmet, and experience the true year-round passion of college football with NCAA Football 07.

Awesome. I love the BCS incorporation and student athlete mode sounds pretty cool. Looks like they will also be having ESPN.com and ESPN the Magazine in the game as well.

Guest Princess Leena

Only 2 months until this comes out... how time flies. Can't wait. One of my few must gets every year.

I hope the XBox1 version isn't much worse than the 360 version, though.

Only 2 months until this comes out... how time flies. Can't wait. One of my few must gets every year.

Indeed. I always get it instead of Madden. Recruiting's a lot more fun than trying to fit a team under the salary cap every year.

Indeed. I always get it instead of Madden. Recruiting's a lot more fun than trying to fit a team under the salary cap every year.

Agreed. After so many years and you build prestige, you can have no trouble with getting 5 star players.

On Madden 06, I traded away a good bit of marquee players on my Saints roster in exchange for backups and first round picks, getting around 7 first round picks.

Then I had to try and sign them. :(

I'll stick to NCAA.

Guest Princess Leena

Only negative is that recruiting was too easy in 06.

Even if you were a horrible 1 star team, you could nab a handful of 4-5 star recruits in in-season recruiting. And still manage to get enough 4 stars in regular recruiting.

Another thing that pissed me off about recruiting was how unrealistic some prospects are. For example, in my Florida dynasty, I once signed a receiver who ran a 4.34 40, A+ hands and he was 6'10. These prospects would come along at least once a year, and if you play a team with one of these players, they are impossible to defend. There is a similar glitch in which some players are 0'7.

Guest Princess Leena

The 0'7 players supposedly weren't a glitch.

I must say it was fun playing with them. :P Put them at RB, and they were murder.

NCAA games have gotten worse over the last few years, IMO. It's sad to see because NCAA 2004 is my favorite sports game ever.

EA always screws up with their new gameplay features. When they added the Home Field Advantage thing where players could easily get "Rattled", it totally screwed you up because your receiver's would drop like 10 passes a game if you were on the road. Then last year it was the terribly overdone "Impact Player" garbage, and now we've got EA pimping their new trick play feature. And you just KNOW they're going to dumb down the AI even more so all these trick plays work most of the time.

And this game will be unplayable online, because people are going to figure out ways to explot the trick plays within a day or two.

2004 was a good year for EA football. I still have NCAA 04 and Madden 2004 in my library, yet sold the 05 and 06 editions. Playmaker is still a better gimmick than ones introduced in the following years (Hit Stick was OK and I still don't like QB Vision).

That covers gay. His team didn't even win the championship. Young should be on the cover.

Is Heisman mode still in this?

Create-a-prospect is fun but it's got the potential for abuse. I'd just create a bunch of 95 overall 5 star recruits.

I made Arizona a dyansty in one year.

One thing I always did was create a bunch of good players for a crappy team and redshirt them the first year and act like I'm bringing recruits with me. "Well I'm going to turn this program around because I already recruited a bunch of awesome players before I even got here!"

They usually pick the Heisman winner, unless they stay in school. I'm going purely from memory, tell me if I'm wrong.

Larry Fitzgerald was on the cover for 2005, Joey Harrington for 2003, and there are probably some others.

White and Leinart stayed in school, and Crouch was on the 989 version.

I remember that Bush, Palmer, Weinke, Ricky Williams and Charles Woodson have been on it. Dayne was also on the 989 game.

So, that should mean that they want the Heisman winner on it, meaning that the cover is what it's supposed to be.

Some things I'd like to see in these games:

-the ability to play through the pain(i stil think they should have it!)

-the ability to start a fight. i have it. you can have like a temper and your player gets more and more annoyed and eventually you get the option to start a scuffle

-player personalities. really these guys in this game are just stats. we need player personalities so they have an AI and a certain way to act.

-player families. i always thought it'd be cool to recruit brothers and what not. like the Selmon brothers at OU. i mean you could have a player who has a little brother that's awesome and it's easier to recruit him b/c they're related.

-more than just the magazine.

-more varied commentary.

-the ability to gain more money for your program and make your stadium better. you start out at a small school with a crappy HS like stadium and as it gets better and better you get money to improve the stadium and program

-the ability after you've been at a school for a long time to begin to change the uniform or update it.

-the ability to actually CREATE plays. i'd love that to be able to come up with your own formations, blocking schemes, blitzes, and what not.

Guest Princess Leena

I'd like all of those. Except the fighting. Just because that will never happen. And there's alternative football games for that purpose.

Guest Princess Leena

The main thing I want in a football game is realistic play on default sliders. NCAA has fucked this up the last 2 years. Especially with the insane amount of dropped passes.

I wouldn't mind the play thru the pain, it'd make it a more risk/reward type move... sure, you could play thru a sprained ankle, but one false move and you've just lost your star HB for half the season.

I'm interested in how the "new" Texas playbook will effect people this year, seeing as it was basically created around Vince's legs and now people will have to use Colt...

The main thing I want in a football game is realistic play on default sliders. NCAA has fucked this up the last 2 years. Especially with the insane amount of dropped passes.

True. I was pissed as hell last year every time I'd force the computer into a 3rd and long and he'd beat my CB AND SAFETY on a fly pattern deep. Bang, 45 yard gain on 3rd and 18. I'd try doing the same thing and somehow his safety would be right on top of my receiver to knock it away or pick it off. Coverage AI was horrible.

I've never played a dynasty beyond 3 seasons so.....does parity every develop in the game? I mean do the teams that were good at the beginning get bad and the teams that were bad get good and what not?

And how many years can you run your dynasty?

Another idea they need. Coach hiring and firings from other teams and it should make news in the little sports illustrated. Make it as close to real life as possible. I want to feel like I'm one team that's a part of college football. Not like I'm the only thing while all this other stuff happens around me.

They also need to learn to vary the covers of the magazine.

Guest Princess Leena

Parity usually happened in the 1st year of the past few games... with stuff like North Texas going undefeated and finishing in the Top 10.

I've never played a dynasty beyond 3 seasons so.....does parity every develop in the game? I mean do the teams that were good at the beginning get bad and the teams that were bad get good and what not?

And how many years can you run your dynasty?

Dynasty can go up to 50 years.

Something I'd like to see revamped is the bowl system. For example, many 3-8 and 4-7 teams make bowl games over teams that have winning records because they are in BCS conferences.

The amount of fumbles in '06 was out of hand. I'd like to see that change.

Guest Princess Leena

They improved the bowl system in '06... very rarely did a non-over .500 team get into a bowl. If anything, it made it unrealistic that 6-5 MAC teams would get into the crappy bowls.