TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

First documented fatality in regulated MMA

There's going to be pundits around whenever something like this happens but the truth was (and still is) that there are more fatalities in more popular sports . I believe this to be the first sanctioned death so the fact that this "dangerous" sport has gone this long works in its favor.

Well, that article made it seem like the fight brought out a pre-existing condition and the death was 47 days after the fight.

I doubt anyone could make a big deal out of this, even if they desperately wanted to.

Oh ye of little faith, Mik. You know someone's gonna make a big deal about it. Hell, I'm surprised a guy like Jim Lampley hasn't jumped all over it yet...

Someone's gonna jump all over it. Guys get fucked up all the time in boxing, or MMA. Not killed in MMA, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. Oh well. If someone wants to take that risk with their body, let them. They know what they're getting into.

It's kind of sad that a man dies and everyone is quick to downplay it just because the only thing on their minds is how it affects them personally. I'm not saying you should be in tears over this guy you never met, but a little bit of sympathy in place of concern over MMA would be nice. People are missing the real issue here.