TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 82: Pride of A Champion

Goddamn you are funny.

Hey, remember when you bet on Sylvia and I bet on Arlovski? Trick question because I KNOW you fucking remember.

Yeah... And you lost that bet and had to have a Sylvia picture in your sig, which you bitched out on after a week.

I never thought Anderson would lose to Leben myself, but he really didn't given me any reason to consider him an "elite MW" until he destroyed Franklin the first time. I've always respected Silva's stand up, I consider him top five pound for pound in the MMA world.

Speaking of sig bets, wanna make one on this fight, Carlito? It's more than a month away, so we have time to think of stips...

Speaking of sig bets, wanna make one on this fight, Carlito? It's more than a month away, so we have time to think of stips...

I'm always down for sig bets... Me and KOAB have an AV and Custom Title bet for Nog/Sylvia for a week, so it won't affect this.

Andre's not even on the main card. The show looks great, but I'd rather see Andre's fight over the Fitch and Diego job fights

MAIN CARD

* Champ Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson (for middleweight title)

* Heath Herring vs. Cheick Kongo

* Yushin Okami vs. Evan Tanner

* Jon Fitch vs. Chris Wilson

* David Bielkheden vs. Diego Sanchez

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O’Brien

* Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti

* Dustin Hazelett vs. Josh Koscheck

* Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson

* Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara

I don't know, that fight has real potential to be a snooze fest. Now Leben and Sakara, that's a fight that will probably get shown because it will probably be toe to toe for the whole two minutes that it lasts.

Well, you're right.

It's now on the main card in favor of Diego's fight.

So now we have Diego/Kos/Arlovski all on the prelims. People are probably going to want to get there on time for once. The whole concept of showing up late drives me nuts considering how expensive the tickets are. Wouldn't you want to see all the fights anyway?

Well, you're right.

It's now on the main card in favor of Diego's fight.

So now we have Diego/Kos/Arlovski all on the prelims. People are probably going to want to get there on time for once. The whole concept of showing up late drives me nuts considering how expensive the tickets are. Wouldn't you want to see all the fights anyway?

From what I've seen, the majority of people attending large-scale MMA events tend to be casual fans, who are mainly there to see the handful of big name fighters competing.

i'm goin to this fight. i have tickets in the lower bowl section 113. it's gonna be fantastic! btw lord of the curry..... your sig makes me happy everytime i see it. me and my 4 friends were the only ones that thought NOG would do it!!!!

I had a dude at work ask me if I was going to watch all the prelim fights for Montreal.

I gave him quite the "Nigga please" look in response.

Stout/Clementi should be alright...but...okay fuck it. Those fights look stupid.

MacDonald/Doerkson also makes no sense at all. Joe just lost and now he's gonna rematch a guy who raped him not too long ago

Considering MacDonald has ZERO stand-up and Doerksen's takedown defense looked much improved agaisnt Filho, I'd say Joe is a live 'dog in this fight.

Silva, TKO late. Even with takedowns, Henderson won't pass Silva's guard easily enough to capitalize, and his reliance on his beard to carry him through standing exchanges will get him touched often.

Silva, TKO late. Even with takedowns, Henderson won't pass Silva's guard easily enough to capitalize, and his reliance on his beard to carry him through standing exchanges will get him touched often.

And this is coming from Mr. Leben by LNP... :P :P :P

I saw a few TV spots for this today and they mentioned Keith Jardine. One small problem being that he's not on the card.

Stealing year-old references of mine? Weaksauce, Rudo.

Yes, because I remember everything little fucking thing you say.

Like, as if I had it in a notebook somewhere.

Get over yourself Tong.

(*writes down "Weaksauce" in notebook*)

I will be hosting this show at my house. Anyone in the general area/driving distance to my house, feel free to stop by if interested.

That was before Silva stopped punching like a 60-year-old Wing Tsung expert with only his jab having much power.

You cant take a joke no more? You suck!

My prediction for the fight: Silva easily beats Henderson.

It's not realistic and it's not even my true prediction for the fight but it'll probably happen.

I have to pick Silva just 'cause but I'm more concerned that if Henderson can establish early on an effective takedown/ground and pound gameplan that Silva will be on his way to a decision loss.

From the weigh ins, Diego packed on a ton of muscle. Okami and Arlovski? A ton of dough nuts.

Here's what Diego had to say about his muscles...

“… I had to make a decision and my decision was either to go down to 155 and be an enormous 155-pounder or stay at 170 and get stronger, hit the weights … I had to go back to the basics, start powerlifting again. I started doing some kettlebell training … it was obvious I needed to get stronger. [Jon] Fitch was able to hold me down and outposition me with his strength and leverage and that’s something that will never happen again. Because I’m much stronger and I’m ready for this…. It’s going to be a very, very game Diego Sanchez on March 1.”

http://mmamania.com/2008/02/26/ufc-quick-q...fight/#comments

Anyone use the Yahoo stream? Unfortunately, I have to intern now and my station is too cheap to spring for the fight as well as don't care about MMA