Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

Dog Learns Nazi Salute

Guest Boo_Bradley

Man Faces 3 Yrs For Teaching

Dog WWII Salute

Ananova

10-14-3

BERLIN -- A German man is to appear in court charged with teaching his dog to give the Hitler salute.

The black sheepdog-mix, named Adolf, has been taught to lift his right front paw up straight in the salute on command.

Police were called to the scene in Berlin when Roland T, 54, shouted at passers-by last year.

When a patrol arrived, he allegedly showed them the trick he had taught his dog, gave the salute along with Adolf, and shouted: "Sieg Heil."

Now he has been charged with using symbols of unconstitutional organisations. If found guilty, he faces up to three years in prison.

Adolf will probably be brought to a pet shelter, the Berliner Kurier reports.

Carola Ruff, of the local animal protection organisation, says the dog shouldn't be judged for what its owner taught it.

"It makes me sick to think someone's using his dog as an instrument of his deranged brain," she told the paper.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_82861...latestheadlines

Comment

Marilyn Perkins

10-14-3

My God, Jeff. Didn't WWII end almost 60 years ago? When is Germany going to stop such imbecilic self-abuse? This would be laughable if not so mind-bogglingly stupid.

Comment

From Jim Mortellaro

10-15-3

Having traveled widely in Germany, I can tell you that the German people and government are _to this day_ extremely sensitive to the NAZI extremism. Yes, even after all these years.

During my frequent business trips to Bavaria, my representative there cautioned me not to make some of the jokes I was want to make. Some used the word, "Panzer" and "Blitzkrieg" as well as other words. Jokes told in standup comedy here would be reason for being thrown in the slammer there.

The NAZI regime left a huge scar on that country. One which will not easily go away. Nor quickly. One generation teaches the next to an extent which we would consider unusual. Not there. They are deadly serious about this issue.

Little Adolph will _not_ act like uncle Addy. Wouldn't surprise me if the little doggie will have difficulty finding a new home whilst poppa's in incarcerated.

Sig heel!

Jim Mortellaro

I tell my dog to chase fat people....should i get charged for that. I mean the dog thinks its fun, and fat people are getting some exercise.

This has to be the most ridiculous bit of animal news I've heard in a good long time.

Now THAT is a stupid pet trick I'd love to see on Letterman.

Guest FrigidSoul
I wonder if the dog could fetch Jews?

*thinks of dog's master throwing a Jew in the oven and then having to yell at the dog to "Leave it in there!"*

Guest wrestlingbs

*thinks of dog's master throwing a Jew in the oven and then having to yell at the dog to "Leave it in there!"*

And then it became unfunny.

Guest Plushy Al Logan

Never mind what I said. I'll kidnap the dog, and use him to collect HHH's bounty.

Guest FrigidSoul
Wow, what a completely tasteless thread. That is all.

I don't think anybody is saying what this guy did is alright, but since we can't crucifix him for doing so we can make fun of it

QUOTE (Slapnuts00 @ Oct 16 2003, 08:03 PM)

Wow, what a completely tasteless thread. That is all. 

I don't think anybody is saying what this guy did is alright, but since we can't crucifix him for doing so we can make fun of it

You know damn well what I'm referring to.

That explains the decline in Jewish dogs for that neighborhood

If you can't make fun of the holocaust what can ya make fun of?

Guest FrigidSoul

I use humor and sarcasm on shitty situations. Lord knows I'm not buying a ticket to Germany to punch this guy so I fight it with what I got

You fight it by making fun of the holocaust with anti-semetic and insensitive remarks? Well good job. It wasn't funny by the way. The appropriate thing to do would be to apologize not to defend it.

Apologize for the guy teaching a dog to Sieg Heil?

While the intention was wrong to do that.... it's pretty goddamn funny.

You've either misunderstood me or are being obnoxious. I was sickened by his replies to the thread not the topic.

Folks, realize that making jokes about things like the Holocaust aren't going to strike everyone as funny, even if you get a few good chuckles out of it. In fact, it's pretty likely to be rather unfunny to some people.

This thread is closed, and I'd appreciate not seeing trifling garbage like it in CE in the future.