TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

The Eugene Character Was Nick Dinsmore's Idea

According to the new torch the idea was Nick Dinsmore's since creative couldn't come up with anything. WWE is running with it and will let crowd reaction decide whether it will live or die.

Guest Choken One

well...eh decided

"I must BECOME them"...meaning reach the level of stupidity that the creative team is familar with

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
According to the new torch the idea was Nick Dinsmore's since creative couldn't come up with anything. WWE is running with it and will let crowd reaction decide whether it will live or die.

Sweet sweet irony

C'mon BOYS, critisize the creative team. Dinsmore just wants to wrestle! Why is he being forced to work such a gimmick?

Haha.

Fools.

Guest Choken One

Oh...NOW the gimmick is good since it got Nick on TV...Amazing.

Nick comes up with it...GENIUS

Creative comes up with it...RETARDED AND STUPID and OFFENSIVE.

All it showed that Dinsmore figured out how to appeal to vince and the gang...

Actually it got him on TV, so as stupid as the gimmick is, Dinsmore obviously is not.

You hypocrtical asses.

All the time you were damning the WWE for making this dumb gimmick, then when you find out Dinsmore thought of it - you say its ok.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

This sounds like the Simpsons. Nick Dinsmore plays a retard who only has one friend, and he has to make the dcision of whether he lives....or dies.......his best friend is a talking pie.

Brian Gewirtz: SOLD! (jerks off to Wonder Woman comic)

Guest Corino 1000
Actually it got him on TV, so as stupid as the gimmick is, Dinsmore obviously is not.

You hypocrtical asses.

All the time you were damning the WWE for making this dumb gimmick, then when you find out Dinsmore thought of it - you say its ok.

We still don't like the gimmick. We are just saying that as STUPID!!!!! as the character is it got him on TV. So a smart move on Nick's side.

You hypocrtical asses.

Shut the fuck up, look at my post or some of the others. Quit trying to start arguments.

Guest godofdeadlydeath

I've only seen pictures, but the idea was pretty funny when I read about it on the recaps and such. Eugene just screams hilarious to me, I can't wait to see Raw on Monday night.

Probabyly figured he had to do something retarded (no pun intended) to seperate himself from everyone else and get on tv. If he just went out there with "I'm Nick Dinsmore, blue chip wrestler" he would hve gotten crapped on and drew Orlando Jordan heat.

Good for him

Here's a question.

Would one of you guys offer to portray a mentally challenged person just so you could finally get on WWE tv after spending years in OVW?

Hell yes.

I do now, in fact.

*THUMP*

...I hit my head on the table!

Guest Anglesault

Sweet sweet irony

C'mon BOYS, critisize the creative team. Dinsmore just wants to wrestle! Why is he being forced to work such a gimmick?

Haha.

Fools.

I'll criticize both. Him for coming up with the idea, creative for agreeing to such shit.

You hypocrtical asses.

Uh. I never said anything one way or the other until that comment, so don't call me a hypocrite. And if you'd read my posts, you'd find I'm in disagreement with alot of the other smarks here.

This proves how much of a mind for the business Dinsmore has. He knew that when his raw wrestling ability got him nowhere, an over-the-top and controversial gimmick would get him called up to the big time. My hat's off to him.

This proves how much of a mind for the business Dinsmore has. He knew that when his raw wrestling ability got him nowhere, an over-the-top and controversial gimmick would get him called up to the big time. My hat's off to him.

So, once the gimmick eventually bombs, what happens to Dinsmore?

There's a good chance he fucked himself over for the next 5-7 years, in the same vein as Sean Morley.

I cannot believe the 180 you are all doing. He should be complimented for thinking of such an asinine gimmick? He got on TV? Did Dinsmore remember Goldust's tourette's gimmick? Does he remember Beaver Cleaver?

This is a gimmick that RUINS careers, not make them.

I think he is a fucking putz for even thinking there would be a positive upside to this. He clearly doesn't have any idea whatsoever about the wrestling business.

EVETYONE on here has been pissing on the gimmick, and rightfully so. Why all of a sudden is it good, or even tolerable now that we know Dinsmore created it? It wasn't smart, saavy, or anything like that. It is, was, and forever will be stupid.

I pity you fickle and contradictory assfaces. Like really.

Guest Anglesault
I cannot believe the 180 you are all doing. He should be complimented for thinking of such an asinine gimmick? He got on TV? Did Dinsmore remember Goldust's tourette's gimmick? Does he remember Beaver Cleaver?

I think he is a fucking putz for even thinking there would be a positive upside to this. He clearly doesn't have any idea whatsoever about the wrestling business.

EVETYONE on here has been pissing on the gimmick, and rightfully so. Why all of a sudden is it good, or even tolerable now that we know Dinsmore created it? It wasn't smart, saavy, or anything like that. It is, was, and forever will be stupid.

I kind of agree.

People were willing to rip Creative into pieces over this, but when they hear Dinsmore came up with it, he has a good mind for business?

No, it's a HORRID idea, made worse only because more than one person liked it.

So, someone that is actuallly, you know, a wrestler knows nothing about the business, yet someone with access to the internet is somehow more knowledgable of the business.

Please. You have as much knowledge of the business as anyone else here....fuck all.

PS. Stop flamebaiting.

It was a desperate move, the guy is 28, been stuck in OVW since 98 and probably knew that people with his kind of look/gimmick (original) don't get any chances and good pay. Working the indies or traveling to Japan he probably also didnt like so he just came up with this crap, hoping it will stretch over for years, which i highly doubt.

Guest Jimbo

So....he's trying to kill his own career?

I suppose it makes sense...he's probably realised that his 27 years in OVW wasn't a mistake, and that he wasn't going to go much farther, so getting himself over and getting himself some quick cash was probably a good idea...

Idiot. Doesn't he realize there is practically nowhere to go with or after this angle? What can you do after being a retard? You can't just stop being mentally challenged. Pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

Guest Jimbo
Idiot. Doesn't he realize there is practically nowhere to go with or after this angle? What can you do after being a retard? You can't just stop being mentally challenged. Pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

Kane did it...

Kane did it...

And we know how much Kane's character development has made sense over the years.