DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
I will not be pleased if Vlad has some generic rock or what have you as his theme. Ideally it would be Tetris music, but I'd accept anything Russian sounding played on a horn. At the very least, ominous sounding. He cannot become just another hoss.
-
Courtesy of F4W/WOcorrespondant Richard Garrison: That re-engagment seems a bit rushed, but it makes sense. I know Alvarez was jonseing for the angle to "outdo TNA at their own game" by doing the Kurt/Karen storyline to screw HHH, but HHH seems quite independent from their storyline. That probably sounds weird since the big title match at the Bash is Edge vs. HHH, but I actually view the Edge/Vicki wedding and the Edge/HHH feud as two different story threads right now. Perhaps they will come together on the 7/18 show before the Bash when HHH shows Edge footage for him marrying a passed out Vicki Guerrero?
-
What happens when someone calls in sick? At this hospital they have a loaded kitchen staff that makes generic things for patients all day and one chef who makes dishes to be served to the public (which could include patients that are able to move around and have money on them) in the cafeteria. After 8pm the kitchen is closed so if a floor gets a late patient or a diabetic needs food or whatever the case, they can get a sandwich tray from an afterhours kitchen.
-
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
Our group did tell people to shut up frequently last summer, but teenagers often don't listen and I'm also not a confrontational person. As for yelling things out, it's about timing. The Matrix shout out I described happened at a non-dialogue part of the movie and was funny. Telling your friend "Hey Tom I thought that was funny!" during dialogue is not. I'm probably coming off like CandyColoredBlues here in being so easily annoyed but really, it pisses me off. -
They don't let us work more than 12 hours a day here. I don't know what I mean by "here" since I'm aware some other departments here have worked more than 12 hours due to emergency double shifts, but we pretty much have the ability to say "12 hours are up, I'm going home now because we're no longer covered by something or other if something happens to us".
-
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
I'm pretty sure that somewhere in these 22 pages or some time last summer (because this problem seems more rampant in the summer for obvious reasons) in the Movies section, or perhaps some facebook blog I've mentioned this, but I really hate young folk at movies who think it's open mic night. Want to make a sarcastic comment about a lame ad or trailer before the film? Go ahead, I do it all the time (usually just to the people I'm with, not loud enough for everyone to hear). We don't need your commentary track turned on during the movie though. Just shut up and watch the movie, and if you NEED to talk to your pals, WHISPER. I also don't know that the PC way to say this is, so I'll just say the above is even more annoying when the people in question aren't speaking English. That said, someone yelled out "You can do it!" ala Rob Schneider during Neo's building jump in The Matrix and we all found that quite funny at the time. Another one I know I've mentioned before but since the theatre was full of them tonight (much like talkers), I was reminded how angry I get when people assume the friendly "shut your cell phone" off notice is for everyone but them. I will admit tonight was the first time in a LONG time my complaint about this is actually related to the fact I could audibly hear a phone ring followed by the person talking brielfy (I think the last time this happened was when a couple went to see Halloween last year and it was quite obvious the female half had no interest in being there, so she kept talking on her phone), but don't people realize that opening their phone to check the time, send a text message, read a text message, etc., shines a distracting beam of light in a dark room? -
I'm looking forward to the NES style but that's because I'm a nostalgia mark. Anya's points don't her an idiot or wrong or right - it's just a preference. It is hard to deny that if you were to say, oh, that 90% or more of NES games aged horribly, especially compared to 16 bit titles, you would be right. An old friend of the VG folder and I have conversed about this on IRC a few times recently.
-
Looks like they have another Edge circa January 06 on their hands.
-
Watching people (like the Earl cast) stay in character to play Family Feud is a bit weird. Fun, but weird.
-
I think I'll try something real, too.
-
I'm almost certain at one point I heard "Vince McMahon" mentioned in the tussle, but that could have been a fan yelling. But with the Undertaker "banished", I also thought this might be some bizarre angle to bring him back. Let's see where this one goes... Crazy Fan needs to interupt more backstage segments (even though I think it set's a bad precedent for real crazy fans).
-
? Long story short, someone watched Mania XIX months after the fact and started a thread about the ladder legdrop (was it cool or what?). Because 3 months in internet time is about 5 years in regular time, people started making "predictions" and posting new stories about angles and matches that became progessively older. In the guy's defense, it's not like we had a Random Thoughts thread or the like back in 2003 where he could express his thoughts on how cool the spot was.
-
I got the Austin and Rock 3 DVD sets at Best Buy for $20 total, though they were $15 each but I had a $10 RZ gift card. Not to mention Rey and HBK's sets for $12 each and the horsemen set for 90 pepsi points. I was hoping someone would go lower than $19.99 even like $17.99 or a freebie with purchase but nothing..bah. If you can afford to pay extra money for overpriced cans of pop labeled "energy drinks", you can afford DVDs without finding a $2 discount.
-
My first assumption was Kane was the one who set Vince up, not that he was concerned about his health.
-
$19.99 is the Amazon sale price, I can tell you that much. That's a good price for 3 discs.
-
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/07/mega-man...otage-revealed/
-
If Mickie and Cena continue dating you may still see that on the Women's championship. They aren't dating anymore When did they start and when did they stop? It's posted somewhere here. Cena said something about it on Fan Nation, I don't quite recall. I was hoping wikipedia could shed more light on this but all I found under "Personal life" was the following: "Cena is a known fan of cartoons and has mentioned on "Five Questions" that his favorite animated movie is Fist of the North Star. He has also said that he is a huge fan of the video game series Command & Conquer and names it his favorite game of all time"
-
Speaking of which (unimportant news), the digital cable preview for ECW states that "Teddy Long talks about new changes in ECW".
-
I actually have no idea who it is. Maria was my first thought too but it really doesn't look like her, facially.
-
This is the current poster: Check out the "DIVAS" butterfly logo on the jetski, just like the title!
-
The best RVD/Lynn match is obviously the one that aired for 5 minutes on Heat in 2001 once Lynn's offense was edited out.
-
It also sounds like he made a lot of money on the "Honey, I..." series and since he's not the irresponsible Hollywood type, was able to settle with it.
-
I was hoping for something a bit more exciting out of Guido vs. Antifaz Del Morte, though I have no idea who the latter even is. It's odd seeing Tajiri in ECW in his pre-Buzzsaw gear, I was always familiar with him being in the black leather pants and what not. It's also funny seeing Corino so thin.
-
Whenever Samberg's character said something about Frank, I laughed. But yes, Arnett and Parnell were the best. Also the riot scene.