Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. WWE.com hasn't even announced the PYBO winner (edit: Well I guess they did, but they didn't before the Wednesdya update). It's usually in week 3 anyway. (Edit again: I see WWE.com's weekly schedule claims it IS a week 1 update. Odd).
  2. Yes. It also doubled as a reference to days gone by where people would "use dates and shit" to reference a match instead of the participants involved. Also, 9/11.
  3. I was being inappropriately silly, just ignore it.
  4. For those curious, here is what we're missing by not having Friday Night's Main Event: August 29th: Bret Hart vs. Vader Goldust vs. Sal Sincere Dude Love vs. Rockabilly Hawk vs. Bulldog Faaqooq/Rock vs. Crush/Chainz Taka vs. Jerry Lynn The Headbangers vs. Recon/Sniper Angle development with Shawn Michaels September 5th: Patriot vs. Owen Hart Some "Austin at home angles" including the announcement his tag title is now held up. Bulldog vs. Dude Love Sunny doing a lot of interviews with people (happened the previous week too) HHH vs. The Undertaker LOD vs. Los Boricuas Ken Shamrock vs. Sal Sincere (wow, two shows in a row for ol Tom Brandi). Scott Putski vs. Steve Casey Interrogator (Kurrgan) vs. Sonny Rogers and Jerry Fox So, with no competition and a late Friday time slot, these shows don't read as very interesting and are probably a safe miss, but I would have liked to see Lynn vs. Taka.
  5. Why is the nWo having their birthday in August?
  6. Booker T won the World Title at the show, no need for complaining Noble/Kash vs London/Kendrick was a really solid opener too.
  7. JBL could never win a match that involved carrying other wrestlers...
  8. Yeah, I saw more than one HBK DVD review complaining about the lack of certain matches (ex. Mania X ladder match) but then openly admitting they realize it's on another DVD they already own, they just thought it would have helped the overall package. Ok then.
  9. I was thinking the same thing, TCD. Quite unusual... I'm not going to make crazy statements about Trevor perhaps knowing more about 6/24 then he's let on, but something is definitely amiss. Odd note #2: WO/F4W lists his name was "Bill Mueller" - this is the first I've seen of this, his real name is usually cited as Trevor Stanley Rhodes.
  10. Rick Rude's opening promo is awesome. Classic theme and lots of insurance company puns which made me laugh. Like a good neighbour, Rick Rude is there.
  11. Who is this "Crhis Vandido" character that Mick Foley wrestled in SMW? (In other words, check out that typo in the Mick Foley Hits Part 1 description).
  12. My Nitro ends during the main event. It's listed as being 1 hour 40 minutes, which is 10 minutes longer than usual, but gets cut off at what my counter says is 1:39. Hmm. Oh well.
  13. So they'd be moving it to Saturday before a PPV?
  14. You talk to yourself in threads that are open to the public too, so it's nothing new.
  15. Well hopefully the O's are in a losing mood come July 19th and 20th since that's my annual MLB road trip.
  16. 1995's version is kind of fun. It's 4 of the biggest stars of the late 80s/90s against 4 jobbers, but it's cool to have such star power on the face team. I like their camo gear too. Not great or anything, but not bad. I hope they didn't need to pay Mike Buffer any royalties to keep his countdowns intact...
  17. cabbageboy was in the Gulag awhile ago for no given reason to the public, didn't say anything there, and was promptly reinstated to the forums. It's such a bizarre punishment. I'm not sure why we kept it once Leena left, I thought the whole point of it was to let her write a blog under the guise of not letting her on the forums.
  18. And I don't know who you are. But I don't know who anyone is. Everyone thinks they're so god damned funny with their abstract names. They're not! "Kimbo Slice's Ball Sweat". Please. I don't understand this thread but it DID remind me that King of Kong is on tonight, so kudos.
  19. Jesse: And who knows that kind of entrance he'll (Shockmaster) make! He could trip over and knock himself out. Tony: That's true. I forgot they turned his clumsiness into an angle.
  20. Heh, Paul giving Madusa the cell phone and having her go to the TOP of the cage to get it in, nice call back to 1989. Lots of colour too (as previously mentioned). So glad to finally see this match as - without actually watching 93, 94, or 95 yet - I'm pretty sure this is the peak of WarGames with sliding quality for the next 6 years (with some years better than others - I've never seen 1997's match but it's probably the best one between 93 and 98 just based on the participants).
  21. As long as the main feature is interesting this selection is good enough.
  22. Gene got a (silent) cheap pop from me by mentioning Killer Kowalski was born in Windsor. That ancient footage from the Sportatorium was something else. And what a crazy match stipulation! You could get pinned 50 times but the match doesn't end until you concede defeat.
  23. Do you let anyone know this? I would guess so since you've had this problem before. I don't get too annoyed with Cogeco when they manage to get all the updates in within 24 hours or so. Right now I'm only missing one Kowalski match and the Boston show and I see no reason those won't appear by this afternoon.
  24. You don't realize how crappy a 3rd generation recording of a show on VHS is until you see it on 24/7 in digital glory. In this case, I do own a tape of GAB 89, but the War Games match looked much better when I watched it last night. Now it's time to watch 92!
  25. CM Punk ratings gold flows over to ECW - 1.4.
×
×
  • Create New...