Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. That just gave me a great idea for a dish washing soap ad. Too bad I'm not in advertising, I imagine the "Sunlight" people would pay me thousands to make a commercial about someone warding off Dracula with the power of dish soap. On the subject of vampires, The Movie Network has a movie available to watch called "Bitten" starring Jason Mewes of all people. Anyone know anything about it? IMDb seemingly has never heard of it.
  2. How can any living person not be aware of a vampire's basic weaknesses? I thought it was common knowledge you learn as a kid.
  3. I'm seeing headlines on Yahoo! about a "debate raging over a popular games political message". OH NOES~!
  4. bob gets it, man. In our VIP Program they even had a fake student for a day act up and be all disruptive. It taught us a lesson about being disruptive, though may have encouraged lying to attain your goals. This was in grade 6, btw.
  5. For no reason in particular I'm watching "License to Wed" on TV. If for some reason during this actor's childhood a live action Eric Cartman needs to be cast, the kid that plays the youngster in the Future Minister program would be perfect.
  6. After my friend set his Xbox Live account to be from the US, I officially hate all of the marketplace content you Yankees get. It's annoying too because while Microsoft seems easily duped into saying "Sure, look at what you could buy for $2", trying just brings up a regional restriction warning. He also has a Japanese account which seems pretty cool. That one does let you download regional exclusive demos.
  7. While I concur that your years of unprotected non-monogamous sexual relations and hard drug use could have killed you at any time (plus... you know... the gun violence associated with you people) it seems none of that did, so happy 25th Frog McNeal! Make it a good one.
  8. Check out the German Suplex Saturn gives Nova. That looked really painful. Good studio stuff this episode with Tazz and Joey talking about Nova/Simon Dean/Mike Bucci then discussing the lesbian controversy at the end of the episode.
  9. It's weird because you never hear August 11, 1997 touted as a historic Raw or anything, and on the surface it's nothing out of the ordinary (though Michaels/Mankind is very good). However, and I COULD be overstating this, the show is basically WWE's version of the Nitro where Scott Hall showed up. The difference is people KNEW from Hall's first promo it would be a big deal. This Raw essentially debuts the character of The Rock and the DX faction, which combined with Austin basically made the WWE millions and won the Monday Night War, but none of this is evident right away.
  10. I actually thought it was both cool and hilarious we thought of the exact same joke.
  11. Yes. Internet cred is highly sought after. But let's end it here friend and keep it civilized (this is why I kept the Robert Smigel quote from Billy Madison limited to THE BOARD, where rules of peace do not exist).
  12. Here's pre-WWE Jillian, Beth, and some other gal:
  13. Wait a minute, Jillian didn't have a mole in high school! I call shenanigans.
  14. Someone sure managed to write a big ass "news story" from the ACTUAL Observer quote: "Johnny Jeter, the second best prospect, saw his career go nowhere and he was dropped, and he’s better than anyone they’ve got in developmental." The amazing thing is the guy who posted this IS A SUBSCRIBER (I and everyone else made fun of him on THE BOARD) and could have easily detected that the story is not, in fact, courtesy of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. It would also be news, not a random thought.
  15. You're all terrible, terrible people. Did they not offer a Values, Influences, and Peers program in your elementary school days to set you right?
  16. http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/news/wweyearbook/ Amusing diversion.
  17. He wouldn't even co-sign on bob's mortgage.
  18. I was too (though it would have been odd to get around), but I suspect his appearance contract or whatever included something about his likeness being used in DVDs and what not.
  19. I thought YnA said a new event would be up soon but so far, nothing. The picture event was really fun, too.
  20. I like Koslov now. That headbutt to the chest while Noble was in the air finisher was good stuff.
  21. This show is funny because I've never seen anyone say "meh, that was passable". They either say "Bret vs Diesel + 3 Owen matches?! Great show! Just ignore the Piper/Lawler match!" (because all tournaments have weak matches like the IRS stuff, KOTR 93's version would be Perfect vs. Mr Hughes and Bigelow vs. Duggan) or "that show was dull and poor, Bret and Owen couldn't save it". I'm in the thumbs up portion myself but I think I like the Razor/Bigelow match more than you do, so maybe that helps. The biggest flaw you mention is the extneded "resthold", but I actually liked the Torture Rack spot and as Art Donovan so keenly pointed out, it was like Razor was dead! When I was a kid I actually kind of liked IRS vs. Mabel but only for Mabel selling the Write Off clothesline. I was an IRS mark as a youngster. In regards to your mention of the Steiners, I believe they were gone from the company (or at least about to be) by King of the Ring. Scott jobbed to IRS in a Qualifier on Superstars and Rick wasn't even around.
  22. There was at least one instance where Kininski got lost in his train of thought (and when all you keep saying is "and stuff", I don't know how much thought there is to get lost in) and Caudle jumped in to give him direction but it didn't seem to help much.
  23. When Funcoland used to exist, I remember the employees playing games constantly. One guy was showing off fataliti... Vendettas in Eternal Champions CD while some kids were watching. They said it looked cool and he informed them they could not buy the game.
  24. Colbert was good through, right Morrison?
×
×
  • Create New...