Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I just use the IE tab for oddness like that (ex. no videos on WWE.com load for me unless I use IE).
  2. http://prowrestling.about.com/od/reviews/g...aseautobiog.htm It sounds like it's a released by WWE redo of a book that already came out in 2001 or so but I didn't know about that book either.
  3. They still have Coach sitting in reserve somewhere...
  4. I was a little shocked when I read that. That's just bascially asking to get fired. Which would be great for him since he wouldn't have done the wrong thing by quitting. Smart man.
  5. Unless I'm not seeing it, the link to the Mania conference appears to have vanished.
  6. An unrelated note but somehow tying WCW announcers being out of the loop and Bryan Alvarez together, I was reading an archived F4W with a hilarious Thunder review. There was a 6 man tag but for whatever reason Tony didn't know the participants and kept complaining about Mike Sanders being on the ring apron, then became confused when he was tagged in.
  7. That was WCW. WWE lets their annoucers know whats going on ahead of time. They have scripts right in front of them. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE didn't let the annoucers know about any of the draft selections. Tazz sounded really pist off last night about how ECW was being treated all last night and it really didn't sound like he was acting it up at all. I know you hate "the dirtsheet folk" because you think it sullies your business with speculation that isn't really news, but Meltz/Alvarez are pretty sure the only on-screen talent that knew what was up was HHH (because the move was done to accommodate his and Steph's new pregnancy schedule or something) and maybe Batista. Tazz really was mad. This isn't new though, this is how they did the crappy draft in 2005 where it ran 4 weeks (and Jericho didn't know his guest on the Highlight Reel was John Cena) and in 2007 when guys had to log on to WWE.com to see where they ended up in the supplemental draft. That said, it IS pretty WCW of them, but it makes things "more real" for the draft, which is fun for the fans. Where the hell is al with his draft analysis?
  8. I was hoping they would have had Jericho win a match, declare that whoever Raw got in the draft would be his NOC opponent, and then D`Lo Brown would get drafted. Can't win them all though.
  9. Because they said so. Also Vince was just being a jerk to Lashley last year.
  10. Well that was a lie.
  11. Every word in the dictionary is spam if you only use one of them per post.
  12. With the Vince thing, when he stood up and appeared unharmed from his fall from the stage, I thought it was going to be a big goof ending with him saying "Nah, we're not doing that again this year" or some kayfabe breaking joke to make fun of themselves before thanking everyone who registered for the contest. Then of course the sign fell...
  13. No trip to wrestlingattitude.com is complete with a stop by the Divas forum.
  14. Amazon description (where it's on sale for $16, apparently) makes it sound like Backlash went back to 4:3. It makes sense (I guess) since Mania is a special event.
  15. Reading through the entire thread, I'm certainly glad TSM was blessed with another visit from a certain fan. Always very insightful and worth reading!
  16. I was shocked Big Show did not win the battle royal and rip off his SmackDown! shirt to reveal an ECW one. Tazz seemed to pissed I thought it was building to a few more ECW guys, but I guess not. Oh well who cares, it's ECW. Hopefully they have the jobber draft this week though. Vince was fine, he just told "Paul" he couldn't walk. The TNA connection didn't really cross my mind (and since Vince lives in his own bubble, I doubt it crossed his) but I am concerned this is becoming the yearly "Oh my God! They killed Vince!" show. By the by, is Mark Henry injured? Even for him, that seemed like a bad performance. I don't recall ever seeing a man WALK so much for spots that usually require running (chagrining into a boot in the corner, an elbow drop).
  17. What exactly did you think giving away money to fans was building to, storyline wise?
  18. http://fans.wwe.com/fannationlive/blog/200..._wwe_fan_nation Freddie Prinz Jr. on hand to provide draft insight. Hey al, are you the Resident Draft Expert this year?
  19. The show airs from 9-12 in Canada which conflicted with me having to be at work BY 12am, but someone no-showed this morning and I did his shift and got someone else to cover mine, so, as sad as it may sound, I'm home from work and pumped for a 3 hour Raw. I'm hoping they follow a similar format to last year where wrestling matches = draft segments because there seems to be a lot of "man, money AND draft segments? Where's the wrestling going to be?" going around.
  20. In one of those odd things, when I was out with friends yesterday afternoon I had the Bill and Ted DVDs with me just in case we felt like watching them. We ended up playing Rock Band and poker instead, but still a bit odd.
  21. As cool as the cooler is, I hope they are releasing the volumes in North America right away and that's not just a UK thing. Mania and Rumble had a large gap time (a year, I think) before getting volumes but I really don't need duplicate DVD copies of SummerSlam 2000-2005. Volume 1 and 2 would cover all the SummerSlams I don't own at all. I would need 3 to have 98 and 99 on DVD but I'm not a big fan of 99 so no rush. 2006 and 2007 are also in the "no rush" category, though I do like having a complete set of major PPVs.
  22. You can see the damn monster head moving around at the back when he's looking out the window.
  23. Though I quite enjoyed the "My Pet Monster" animated serial, I was unaware they made a motion picture about the doll. That looks fairly awful.
×
×
  • Create New...