Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Here's something I didn't notice when I previously skimmed the Sunflower schedule: The July 16th update is actually two Nitros and no Raw, effectively skipping the US Open Raw episodes. That's an interesting way to get around the non-compete week episodes.
  2. The match on the Horsemen dvd is actually from 1988. The original has yet to hit dvd. Ah... yeah, reading the 1987 match description, it didn't sound like it was from the DVD but somehow I thought they put the original on. I think about 7 years ago I rented a tape from the last video store in the city to carry old wrestling tapes (which quite sadly, went out of business a few years later and sold all their stock - wrestling tapes were all gone by the time I found out) called "War Games" which consisted only of the two 1987 matches.
  3. In a nice surprise, War Games 87 is actually War Games #2 (the 1987 rematch with War Machine instead of JJ Dillon). I say this is a surprise because War Games #1 is on the 4 Horsemen DVD and I just assumed they'd use that. Check out Bill Alfonso as the outside referee in 87.
  4. Cogeco here seems to be slowly filtering their updates in. Al 3 Mick Foley videos were up before I went to sleep, now that I'm awake the Legends section is up to date and War Games 87 is up. WG 97 is not on Sunflower's schedule. I believe 88 is skipped too.
  5. Well I'm pretty sure the 1995 War Games bout consists of Team Hogan vs. Team Dungeon of Doom or something like that. Maybe not. I don't know because Cogeco offered up a large plate of NOTHING this morning.
  6. I can understand not liking the theme but I don't see how it can be called "generic". Paul Burchil's theme is generic. Cody Rhodes' previous theme was generic. Ted DiBiase's theme is a clearly recognizable riff of a Pink Floyd song and time was taken to give it lyrics. If you heard it blaring over an arena's sound system, you wouldn't be saying, "Who's theme is this again?" as it's pretty distinct. That doesn't mean it's a GOOD theme or that people have to like it, but by definition it's clearly not generic.
  7. Yeah! That title should totally be Cherry's! Giving it to someone who's been working hard to improve her ring work (and is hot) is an idea beyond terrible. What are they thinking?
  8. God bless the family friendly blood free days of WCW. Also, I think "WarGames" (capital G, no space) is the way the Matthew Brodrick film is spelled. Classic stuff there.
  9. For the time being, the patented Dr. Venkman Week to Week Detailed Schedule of Doom is on hiatus. I really enjoyed doing it when we had monthly threads and still enjoyed editing the first post of this thread, but at least for now have decided to discontinue it. A few reasons: 1. I'm not entirely sure people actually read it, especially with it now being post 1 on what is currently a 5 page (40 per page) thread. Even before that, people would say things like "Where is the new MNW?" when the schedule I wrote up would clearly answer that (in this scenario, it was a 5 week month so there was an extra week gap between episodes).. 2. Way back when I first started doing this, the Sunflower site was something I stumbled upon via wikipedia and didn't really advertise. Everyone here knows about it now and can use it themself. Ditto for Cawthon's site. Basically the only I thing I did was take Sunflowered grid and make a "nicer" layout broken down by the week, then researched the show where possible to add matches, which leads too... 3. Spoilers! As weird as it might sound (and since this is something I've been thinking about since bob_barron mentioned not reading the schedule thread, the idea of decade old spoilers probably isn't that odd at all to some of you), I'm starting to get a bit tired of trying to skim the results of a show to get an idea of what the matches are without seeing the results, despite the fact with the majority of the Raw shows I already watched them as they aired 11 years ago! I've decided I want to go into things fresh, being pleasently surprised by things I no longer remember, or in the case of house shows or PPVs I missed, results I don't even know. I was going to look up the results of Living Dangerously 99 to write a two sentence preview for it, then thought, "Why? I'd like to go into this fresh!". So, that's it. Let's just read the Sunflower and WWE.com and discuss it here. Fun for everyone!
  10. He's from my home town. I have petitioned to have our "Welcome to Windsor" signs say "The Birthplace of Abdullah The Butcher" but it was to no avail. I also really didn't do that.
  11. Doubt it would happen, but I'd love to see Shawn Michaels be the guy to win the belt from CM Punk. I really wanted him to win the WWE title last year, I guess a world title in 2008 would be an ok replacement. Plus that would be a good match. Face HBK vs Heel Batista for the title would be a fine feud too.
  12. Well I'm only aware of one (though I'm sure there were more) from a Nitro that just aired on 24/7 and it was nothing to post on forums about. Savage was pretty banged up by the time Hennig made it to WCW (that didn't stop me from marking out over him winning the WCW title for a day in 1998 though).
  13. Is Kennedy off filming another direct to DVD movie? Edit: Missed the 4 way match for the US title.
  14. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS Huh, didn't even notice that before... I was just showing off the "Play Pinball, Dudes!" sign.
  15. You know bps, when I first saw that thread I thought it was about BEDMAS not being taught. I remember when I was growing up teachers brought up that older folk had never heard of the order of operations, thus McDonald's skill testing questions were always incorrect.
  16. Wall-E's charger reminded of of Johnny 5 in Short Circuit 2. That's a good thing. Really enjoyed the film (and oddly, I guess because the CGI is SO GOOD, the mixed in live action really worked). "Presto" was pretty funny too. Bolt looked pretty interesting.
  17. Vickie gets mad at Edge for YELLING and calls of a wedding, and that's what you think the loophole to bring back a man that gave her a TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER? Well, it is a wrestling storyline...
  18. Does HHH have heat with Lita or something? I assume his comment was just meant as a joke but who knows. The idea of Michael Cole having a farewell to SmackDown speech is pretty funny.
  19. Edge is an asshole. He had to get in some parting barbs in at Raw ("parting" referring to both world titles leaving the show).
  20. Yeah, the stuff with Art during the Neidhart angle was tremendous. Like, you think MAYBE someone's clued him in and he's going to say something relevant, then he just asks a dumb question.
  21. I was looking up some Katie Lea info on the Old Farmer's Wikipedia and noticed she used to be known as Nikita. Would this have been "Illegitimate McMahon Daughter" Nikita?
  22. Already in the Wii topic. But I was unaware it was on Live and the Network. Well... Boo-urns.
  23. Hooray! ("Challenges" means wrestles and not a promo, right?).
×
×
  • Create New...