DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
They also throw garbage at one of the girls that walks by. That said, I still enjoy watching it everytime I see it. It's so hilariously bad (like Real American's music video).
-
Comments which don't warrant a thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Giuseppe Zangara's topic in No Holds Barred
and the ratings come in for each segment. that's the part i don't understand. yeah, the ratings for the first hour were x.x and the second hour were x.x. that i understood. but this every segment, every 15 minutes, that's just really...anal. not even geeky in a cool way. it just seems desperae. Quarter ratings can show who draws, who attracts viewers, who doesn't, etc. If hour 2 with a CM Punk main event draws a 3.9 but a CM Punk main event drew a quarter rating of 3.3 and lost 650,000 viewers, then you know his push is failing and people are tuning out. In the case of the June 30th Raw, Punk's title defense saw a huge viewer increase in the last quarter which led to the highest rating in months - that sort of thing is really important to fans tracking that sort of thing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I totally see the points you and everyone else are making about how people should spend less time tracking numbers and more time just ENJOYING the form of media they're watching or discussing, but it's not really fair to put down the value of a quarter rating. -
The OAO TSM "Happy Birthday, you!" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in No Holds Barred
Sometimes I misread LME as LIM. -
Put nutmeg or cinnamon into your morning beverages.
-
The funny thing about that was Jericho (at least in 2002) was Batura's favourite wrestler. What a totally random thing to happen - being blamed for a wrestler cutting off ties to the internet. I got the bit about Jericho being his favourite wrestler by re-reading a column I wrote in 2003 which also contained an e-mail from Alex Pierson from City TV saying she was not in a lesbian relationship with Trish Stratus. What a bizarre column.
-
The OAO TSM "Happy Birthday, you!" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in No Holds Barred
Happy Birthday to my 24/7 on Cogeco brother in arms, 10 Pounds of Gold! Also, I've heard of both LME and AntiLeaf, so best birthday wishes to them. -
Who? I think Neidhart is safe.
-
Scott Batura was not a big fan of Jericho/RVD at KOTR 2002.
-
I was hoping my Flair DVD would have arrived Wednesday afternoon, but no dice. I'm at work until noon now and doing the same thing Thursday night / Friday morning so that doesn't leave me a lot of time to watch the DVD between shifts. I became acustomed to Amazon shipping pre-orders on Saturday and having them arrive on Tuesday, but I guess either because they really didn't have the DVDs until then or because of the holiday weekend, it didn't ship until Monday afternoon.
-
I enjoyed our brief conversations in this thread, probably because he can be an open book about his real life antics if you're in the mood to be nosey (like I was about comparing his work place to mine), but being so open is also a fault. I think he admitted this a year or two [(!) was that whole girlfriend amusement park / she thinks I'm a liar because I'm too good in bed ordeal really TWO years ago now? Or was it just last year?] ago that he should clam up about issues that are too personal.
-
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
I've always wanted to open a grocery store that had strippers and booze (and therefore minors couldn't get in) but apparently there are complications with such a thing. -
This Castlevania fighting game could be something (could we be in store for a new rendition of Bloody Tears?!), I have to admit, as sad as it is, I was kind of hoping a fleshed out 3D Simon Belmont would have a backpack and flight goggles.
-
Well Chicago WGN is, at least in this market, the Canadian HD feed for CW. So here's to ALF!
-
I hear that, brother. A 2003 house show report I wrote included an intermission report about me only finding Canadian change in my pocket when going to buy a soda. I used to do them by memory (and I believe the Heat / Off-air notes for the last Raw I went to was all from memory) but found it was easier to have some form of written back-up.
-
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
We have a lot of "Rear Window Seating/Caption" screenings but I have no idea what that means. I think you need to ask for a device or something because we've gone to the screenings (as they happened to be at the best available time) and there were no noticeable captions. Someone brought a baby to Indiana Jones. That bothered us. I highly doubt the infant was hyped up to go see Indy and my friend and I felt if she couldn't find a sitter, she shouldn't have gone to the movies. It was annoying because sometimes she would just let the baby cry and cry, I guess assuming it would stop, then after several minutes of it not stopping she would leave. As she did this several times, it seemed to prove the point we had that she shouldn't have gone at all. -
I've determined after years of reading spoilers that I write the best ones ever (so always look forward to SD tapings from Joe Louis Arena). Well, except the laptop nerd that TNA banned from the building. But he brought a friggin laptop with him! I roll old school with a pen, paper, and digital photos to match it all up.
-
WGN (aka WGN 9, Chicago's CW, CW 9, etc.) in Chicago, not Superstation WGN.
-
This story about SmackDown from today's Observer made me laugh.
-
When was GBR 2? Raw XV?
-
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
I think it's the old "quote what I agree with without adding anything" that's been going on here for a few years. -
Someone should tell MNTV that Undertaker is BANISHED.
-
Has anyone caught the quick WWE ads on MNTV? I'm guessing not since it's, you know, MNTV, but the one from Buffalo airs Simpsons reruns so I happened to catch it. Just a flying WWE logo with a bunch of clips (as in several small vid windows) running the background, followed by the announcement "WWE is coming to MyNetworkTV this fall". The odd thing was this station had a 2nd graphic saying "Coming in October" - isn't it moving in September? I actually caught the same ad on the local MNTV from Detroit and this October part was not present.
-
The cost of oil is under $139/barrell and the economy is getting stronger. Plus, school is finally out all over the country. Our great fans finally found that Raw is on USA after moving from Spike. HHH is still twice the draw Punk is. Reading F4W's detailing conference calls from 2001 where they still talk about people adjusting to the USA / TNN switch and the fact that it's summer (because you know, summer didn't exist during 98 and 99's boom period) was some good times.
-
Mickie James even called Macho Man her favourite wrestler on WWE.com!
-
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
I was trying to be funny.