Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. There was a thread but it got lost in the server change over due to the forums being in "read only" mode. I thought that meant we could only read the forums, but it meant nothing new could be saved.
  2. Erin Esurance is awesome, don't be hatin Scroby.
  3. I love Beth Phoenix.
  4. International touring. At one point Oakland was going to have two Raw's taped in a row but I think the Million Dollar Mania thing necessitated another live show next week (or there was some other reason for the change, I don't remember now).
  5. And he won his match, too! Lance Cade never saw that Cattle Mutilation coming.
  6. I'm wondering if Sydal used a standing shooting star or if the SSP ban is removed.
  7. It's funny to think he was a tag champion with Ricky Steamboat.
  8. It did seem odd to end the show with a big batch of pyro after having both championships up for grabs being won by heels. Bill Watts sure seemed happy to have the NWA title back from Flair.
  9. Zach Gowen was Ryder's favourite wrestler.
  10. Paul Jones looks like a zookeeper.
  11. No. I was trying to say I really thought Crush was going to slam Yokozuna. I actually slammed Yoko many times with Crush in the Royal Rumble game before seeing Superstars and finding out Luger stopped looking at himself in a mirror and stood up for America.
  12. The "1935 - 1985 / 50th Anniversary" on the Crockett Cup had me intrigued, so I did some research on wikipedia.
  13. Years ago I found a tape with that title change - it seemed to be 10 minutes of DiBiase and IRS swapping in and out to put Typhoon in a sleeper before he passed out to the Dream. Exciting stuff.
  14. I really wanted to enjoy this show but man, it is DULL... Everyone has already said it, but just to go along, it's technically a fine show but it just seems to lack energy. The Battlebowl 93 show they aired in January 2007 seemed to have the same problem (plus the teams were poorly chosen). Sting vs. Vader kicks ass and I'm glad to finally see it, but it seems to be the only match the fans came to see. I did enjoy the tag team tournament concept and truth be told, I would enjoy seeing a tag team themed show from WWE just to see what they could do considering all of their best Raw main events lately are randomly paired tag matches with main eventers. I did enjoy watching the show though as I have nostalgia from this era. 1992 is when we got TBS in this market as one of four Superstations and it opened a new world of wrestling to me. For some reason I really didn't like Dustin Rhodes and whenever Barry Windham eventually turns on him by DDTing him on the floor, I was happy. Jim Ross' jab at the WBF got a laugh out of me.
  15. I was pretty surprised watching this show live. Even though I had just turned 12 and had only been watching wrestling for 2 years at this point, I knew the deal - Bret Hart was going to win (I forget why I thought this, but somehow the TV build made it pretty obvious) and good guys never wrestle good guys and vice versa, AND Lex Luger and Bret Hart had an issue building up since the WrestleMania IX brunch - which I guess was never blown-off - so OBVIOUSLY, Luger vs. Bret was going to be the finals. Yes, I really thought Luger vs. Duggan was on tap for round 2, though I might have had the brackets mixed up and thought it was going to be Bret vs. Bigelow and Luger vs. Perfect. Needless to say, when Luger didn't advance and Perfect and Bret had a match in the semis, I was surprised and happy with the result. I also remember not being outraged or really caring when Yokozuna beat Hogan. I was surprised, but part of me just remembered how Mean Gene went on TV and said this was Hogan's first title defense since winning the belt, so what the hell, that's more than 30 days Hulk! By the end of June I forgot all about old Hulk and was totally up for Crush bodyslamming Yokozuna on the Intrepid.
  16. On the subject of Sandler films, I Know Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (I almost accidentally wrote "Chuck & Billy" - damn wrestling!) was on TV last night and I forgot that it features a very brief scene with the book "The Puppy Who Lost Its Way". Big bonus points for that.
  17. Today appears to be Jericholic's "Let's read and reply to 50 threads before going away for another month" day.
  18. Based on the demo (and a scan of EGM's review), I'm not sure how DBZ Burst Limit is any different then, say, Budokai 3 (which covered every arc), but damn does it flow nicely and look pretty on a 360 in HD.
  19. We should find Retro Rob and arrange a Q n A with Trish. I heard she had her implants removed!
  20. It aired in November. Without reading any dates or seeing the show on 24/7 (they never got it here) my memory was that it aired in October, but I was wrong. I swear they had more than one week's build-up on Update ("from the pages of World Wrestling Federation magazine...") of advertising it as champion vs. champion at Survivor Series with only Bret's title on the line, but that's probably because in 1992 I would watch the same update about 4 times (Superstars on the Detroit CBS, two different Canadian shows on CHCH from Hamilton that were basically Superstars and Challenge but with Billy Red Lyons doing live event updates - don't ya dare miss it - and different openings and show titles) and then Challenge Sunday morning on the Detroit FOX.
  21. Ha! I thought the exact same thing. "You know something Mean Gene, he's got the red, white and blue running through his veins!".
  22. Jullago! Also, these people have no human value.
  23. Maybe I can use my connections to get A-1 on board for a Q n A.
  24. What kinda chip you got in there, a dorito?
  25. Was it the guy in the black and gold robe with a World Title replica? Also, I saw someone yesterday with a TAPOUT shirt, but with "Tapout" in green, white, and red. Italy represent! Christian music really bothers me on road trips because sometimes you get lulled into thinking you're listening to not-terrible light rock or country music, then you hear "JESUS! JESUS! JESUS IS THE KEY!" and I become terribly offended that someone needs to sing to me about things I already believe in.
×
×
  • Create New...