DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Is it me or are the rings smaller at Mania 2?
-
If I was a conspiracy therorist, I'd probably think WWE was up to something by acknowledging the existence of other wrestling organizations on the same page they discuss congress going after Vince McMahon... you know, hint hint people, other wrestling organizations exist, go after them, that sort of thing. But I'm not, so I think this web direction is pretty cool. Edit: I see Alaskan Postal Worker said pretty much the same thing in February.
-
I'm watching Mania 1 right now - funny to hear the theme I now associate with Prime Time Wrestling thanks to 24/7 being used to sell a program, t-shirt, and hat. I love this uncut boxset (copyright right on music be damned!) and it will suck when the day comes these tapes fall apart. I should convert them to DVD or something.
-
EHME became quite passable when he said "hey guys, I didn't realize my gimmicking was annoying you" and became a normal person. Matt Young is another guy who can be fine at any given time, but then either because he's insane when it comes to internet drama or enjoys an internet persona that gets people talking, will go mental (see: POTY Tournament 2008).
-
On second thought I don't know if any of that makes a lick of sense. Bad is bad.
-
People like Marvin have it bad because well traveled / known posters are held to a higher standard and/or people are aware of odd quirks that are annoying. Using the Marvin example, I never go into CE (I heard something about it being like Hitler) but apparently he's bad in there, and people (me) are annoyed by W ! ! and his HD obsession and what not, but I guess if you have an HD problem he's your guy and can be helpful. For that reason, I'm sure he's better than someone who posts only once a week in the WWE folder (any random idiot during a Raw thread, back when people posted in the Raw thread, for example) but no one cares what "breakpack" has to say so no one says he's the worst. Someone who doesn't see my rational or well thought posts about wrestling but saw me and World's Worst Man try and derail video game threads last summer when we were bored on IRC could conceivably say I'm the worst poster of 2007!
-
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
There's nothing to filter or censor - the stories aren't from a feed, they're retyped by WWE.com staff and credited to the website they took it from. That means someone actually decided a story about Congress going after WWE was something worth typing up on WWE.com. "A WWE spokesman, Gary Davis, replied to the statement, saying that Terry’s comment on wrestlers was a stereotype, and that WWE tests their stars throughout the year for their own well-being, as there is little need for an edge in fixed competition." Kayfabe, Gary, kayfabe! -
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
It's even wackier to see they're not just lazily feeding the news, they're actually re-doing it. This is the original link for that story: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008...ower-of-threes/ -
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
The Friday WO update says it's because WWE.com had a decrease in unique hits. -
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
TNA stars on MTV! Impact Results! ROH PPV dates! I love it. -
And pinned him at No Way Out to finish it.
-
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
WWE.com is run by some bozo named Sean Coulthard. Seriously though Cole has been in charge of it since April 2006, but obviously any McMahon can overrule something he decides on. -
Looks like 24/7 Online is doing the "Build to WrestleMania" theme instead of the "here's a bunch of Mania matches!" theme they usually do. So far their entire line-up on the March to Mania contains ZERO WrestleMania matches, just build-up. I love it. Raw: Episode 20 June 7, 1993 | Approx. run time: 38 mins. The first ever King's Court on Monday Night Raw highlights this episode as Jerry "The King" Lawler has Yokozuna and Mr. Fuji as his guests. With The King of the Ring only six days away, will Yokozuna have any final words for WWE Champion Hulk Hogan? Also, there's a new Intercontinental Champion and he's in action on this edition of Raw. Finally, Mr. McMahon will conduct an in-ring interview with Razor Ramon who's still a little ticked off over his loss to the 1-2-3 Kid. What will the Bad Guy have to say? Find the answers to these questions and many others on this episode of Raw. Raw: Episode 21 June 14, 1993 | Approx. run time: 43 mins. It's the night after the King of the Ring and there are tons of questions to be answered. Was Hulk Hogan able to defeat the giant Yokozuna? Who was crowned the 1993 King of the Ring? Will the 1-2-3 Kid finally answer Razor Ramon's challenge? Also, catch Mr. Perfect, Owen Hart, and Jerry Lawler in action along with Marty Jannetty taking on Doink the Clown! This is certainly a Raw not to be missed. History of the Intercontinental Title: Part IX March 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 44 mins. Mr. Perfect claimed he was the most perfect Intercontinental Champion ever. However, was this truly the case? On this edition of History of the Intercontinental Title we look at some of Perfect's earliest title defenses against Tito Santana and The Texas Tornado, "Kerry Von Erich." Rarely seen matches from Madison Square Garden, Saturday Night's Main Event, and WWE Superstars are featured. Plus, what role does The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase play with the Intercontinental Title? You'll have to catch this edition to find out. Introducing: John Bradshaw Layfield - WWE Debut January 27, 1996 | Approx. run time: 8 mins. Hear from JBL himself why he believes his debut in the WWE is the most successful in sports-entertainment history. Love him or hate him, one has to recognize that it truly does take a talented individual to have a wrestling debut 12 years ago and still be an active wrestler on the WWE roster today. For one of the first times ever, re-live the debut of JBL as he went by the name Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw. Bonus Features: Exclusive Interview with John Bradshaw Layfield. The Main Event: Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs. Twin Towers February 3, 1989 | Approx. run time: 24 mins. What exactly caused the Mega-Powers to explode? This shocking revelation led to the main event of WrestleMania V. Now, 24/7 Online goes back to The Main Event when Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage took on The Twin Towers. Was Miss Elizabeth's ringside presence a factor for the breakup between these two best friends? You'll have to check out this classic match to see for yourself. No Way Out: Shawn Michaels & John Cena vs. Undertaker & Batista February 18, 2007 | Approx. run time: 32 mins. The main events for WrestleMania 23 were set months in advance with Shawn Michaels challenging John Cena and The Undertaker challenging Batista. Mr. McMahon came up with the concept that both WrestleMania main events would team up to take on each other at No Way Out. Tensions were building and mind games were played among all four Superstars, so it was almost a given that someone would turn on the other. Find out who does the unthinkable when four of the biggest WWE Superstars do battle at No Way Out. Saturday Night Main Event: Trish Stratus & Mickie James vs. Candice & Victoria March 18, 2006 | Approx. run time: 7 mins. Mickie James loved hanging out around Trish Stratus...a lot. In fact, their friendship became Mickie's obsession. However, after Trish tried to cut Mickie out of her life, they reluctantly teamed up on Saturday Night's Main Event. Could they overcome the awkwardness between them and defeat the duo of Candice Michelle and Victoria? One thing is for sure, you won't believe how this match ends as it takes Trish and Mickie down the road to one of the most classic diva matches at WrestleMania. No Way Out: Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio February 19, 2006 | Approx. run time: 23 mins. Randy Orton wanted to go to the main event of WrestleMania so badly he'd do anything to get Rey Mysterio to put his WrestleMania title opportunity on the line at No Way Out. That included bringing Eddie Guerrero's name into their rivalry. Rey, defending the Guerrero name, was determined to defeat Randy Orton. Would he be able to complete this task? Find out in this classic match. Wrestling Challenge: Piper's Pit February 7, 1987 | Approx. run time: 4 mins. WrestleMania III will always be remembered as being the night Hulk Hogan body-slammed Andre the Giant. However, what led up to this gigantic match-up? Would you believe all the drama began on Piper's Pit? Roddy Piper was certainly known for being part of some of the most controversial moments in WWE history, and this one certainly won't disappoint. Raw: Batista & Triple H, In-ring Face-off March 28, 2005 | Approx. run time: 15 mins. Six days before the World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania 21, Batista and Triple H had a face-to-face confrontation overseen by Eric Bischoff. Both had a strong hatred toward each other, but this was the final opportunity for either Superstar to truly tell how they felt. The censors had their fingers on the bleep button for this one as you won't believe what both Superstars had to say to each other in this explosive Raw moment!
-
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
Couldn't happen to a fan-friendlier website. -
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
They should just use wrestlingdb.com, the webmaster was telling me a few years ago he was getting WWE traffic (based on the IPs). -
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
This is what PWInsider had going on when I clicked on a headline via wrestlingdb about WWE.com's new "Industry News" policy: This Account Has Been Suspended Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible. -
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
WWE.com having an "Industry News" section sourced from WrestleZone is incredibly bizarre. -
It's a bit harder every year with the added 4 hours and a lot of years I make good use of the FF button... one year I even counted the WM2000 bonus DVD as watching Manias 1-15. Before I had my HDTV I would FF a lot but now if I try and use the SLP VHS tapes that were released as the Mania Collection, my TV says "No Source" and won't show them. This causes me to watch them on the TV in the computer room and not pay attention to the lesser editions / matches.
-
spman was telling me his theatre has to remove a trailer for a Judd Aptow film because management deemed it "inappropriate" due to a visible penis if it's not framed right. That crazy Judd.
-
Yeah I noticed it didn't have a result or time for Hart Foundation vs. Strike Force so I'll get to be surprised (though I often skim these quick enough that I forget results anyway). It's also 2.5 hours which doesn't seem to add up from the card on Graham's site. I'm starting my Mania countdown this weekend but I'll post a card when I do watch the show.
-
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
I feel Savage would the best choice. Hey, it can happen (McWoooorlllld). -
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
So, as of this morning (and confirmed when I got home from work and had time to check), everything that Cogeco was supposed to put up is now there AND will play. The problem now is that the MSG show is not really the MSG show (it's the Houston show) and SNME 5 comes to a stop due to a VOD error in the middle of Muraco / Hogan. -
If it IS on the DVD I must never have watched it or totally forgot about it in 3+ years. As this is the only match on ECW this week I believe, outside of a commercial break, it aired in its entirety. Wow, it is on the DVD. Maybe that's why some of the spots seemed familiar (which would imply my "totally forgot" line from above is not entirely accurate)... I thought maybe I just recognized them from video montages.
-
I did notice watching it there weren't really any rest spots, which is good for action but I have no idea what story that match told for 30 minutes other than two guys fighting for a title. We get a double dose this month too because Flash Funk vs. Sabu is on the June 23rd Raw, but that's a much shorter, condensed spotfest.
-
Well, if you don't like Sabu you probably wouldn't like this because there are some sloppy looking spots, but overall I thought it was a fun match and both men were more than willing to put it on the line for 30 minutes.