DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Wow, two useful content updates in a row! Waluigi = Assist Trophy.
-
He tries to make positive points when people are complaining about nothing relevant.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
That recap of the last PTW made me realize there's probably a "Promotional Consideration Paid for by the Following" edited off of the PTW up right now, though it's fairly obvious why they can't run those. Seeing Heenan declare he's out of a job at the announcement of Raw and reading about Vince saying Heenan wouldn't be on Raw in the last PTW episode help answer the question I've always had of why Heenan was banned from the building to begin with. -
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Used to be a regular on-air caller to Howard Stern's radio show. -
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
As soon as Matt Young posted a myspace link, I lost all interest (which would put it in the negatives somehow, since the interest level was just hovering above none) in this TNA Wentworth business. Now if they had a Facebook group... -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Yeah, I found it odd that Gene didn't follow the normal pattern (which still seems to exist to this day!) of being like "hey that guy's a good guy now, he rocks!". He just out right says "I never really cared for the guy". -
Matches You Wish You Still Had On Tape
DrVenkman PhD replied to ChrisMWaters's topic in General Wrestling
Jericho/HHH fake title change is on the upcoming Raw DVD, is it not? HHH/Shawn from 2003 is on HBK's DVD too which, if you just won't go buy the thing, should at least make it available illegally somewhere. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Watching the segment, I VAGUELY recall the "right fist / left fist" thing but yeah, I basically forgot all about that segment. Perfect making the save seems to set up an awesome tag match that never happened (did it?) -
Matches You Wish You Still Had On Tape
DrVenkman PhD replied to ChrisMWaters's topic in General Wrestling
I DO have Giant Gonzalez vs. Tatanka from a June 93 Superstars (KOTR qualifier) on tape somewhere though. That's pretty exciting. -
Taz's "FTW" deal caused me to fall way behind the rest of the internet on understanding the whole "for the win" meme.
-
Matches You Wish You Still Had On Tape
DrVenkman PhD replied to ChrisMWaters's topic in General Wrestling
In retrospect, recording the 3rd Rock From the Sun and Frasier series finales overtop of the Raw where Jericho and Benoit win the tag titles was a fairly stupid thing to do. In fairness, we had really bad cable (we stopped paying for it, the company cut it off, but did a bad job leaving us with a slightly snowy but very watchable signal that we never justified paying to replace until I entered the digital age) at the house from 1997 - 2006 so most of my off TV tapes looked bad. -
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
Yeah, the random ROH bashing and inserting of "TNA Wentworth" (which I've never heard of or have the slightest clue what it even means) reeks of self publicity. -
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Father of all lies and uncle of all tricks. -
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Is the significant other of UTBroward and probably fan of pornography based on the avatar (but I'm evidently bad with avatars). -
Woo! Honourable mention! I agree with most of this but I find myself enjoying Jingus posts in wrestling folders (but as you say, your issue is with CE).
-
"Choose between graphics that are razor sharp or nice and smooth." Interesting...
-
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Apparently doesn't get how this works. How very EHME. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
The 1-800 number the give during Prime Time is the still active Caesars Palace box office. Nice. -
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
Is that from Legends Championship Wrestling? -
Yeah, that would make sense.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Man, that was a fun show. I see why people who watched wrestling in the 80s go crazy over those NWA shows. As soon as I saw Doink mulling about during a Bossman match, I was hoping it was the match with the trip wire spot. I was happy. Heenan and Lawler together on commentary were great too. Almost all of those matches featured at least one person who was either on Raw this Monday, or dead. Or Razor Ramon. Speaking of which, gotta love his work with jobbers. I'm a big fan of his abdominal stretch. Strange to see Vince put over the Steiners as such a prominent tag team, but I guess they did that with Flair too. Obviously they never mention WCW but they put over their past "amateur and professional" accomplishments. The January preview before the Christmas 97 Raw mentions that the first Nitro will also be part of the debut theme (wonder if this will end up cutting into the MNW episodes?) and, while to me it sounds like WWE.com's wording of the Debut Shorties is "Raw debut", I guess it's debut in general since they showed a young Bret Hart in MSG. -
I played this game at a birthday party on Friday. Really fun stuff. I hate it when you get people as the singer who just go with the words and don't put energy into it. I BELTED out Enter Sandman.
-
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Has nothing in his signature. -
Yeah, I get it's a figure of speech, but it amused me.
-
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
Mr. Perfect being in the 2002 final four was awesome. It's funny to think back at whoever were runners up 1-6 at previous events and picture them being put in a 6 man main event the next month. I still think the year Fatu was in the final four was some sort of mistake.