Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Not that I'm dying to re-watch it or anything (though I didn't see all of it last year), but there seems to be some issue with me getting the 2006 Troops show. This is the letter I sent to WWE.com. Zio tells me they actually sent him a personalized response about his MNW issue so if that's happening, I figured this would be a good chance to ask what the issue with PYBOs in Canada is.
  2. Doesn't have a Wii and is getting stressed.
  3. "I will be here on the telephones, all over the Christmas period including the 25th and 26th" You're an automated e-mail reply! Of course you will, robot. Or real person (since they knew you were "stressed"). It's just weird that a real person would call you "customer" and not put their name at the bottom.
  4. The WO spoilers are difficult to read (the person that wrote them appears to be new to computers and/or English grammar, or one of those people raised to believe grammar is unimportant over the internet) but mention Noble. Something about a double date suggestion by Kelly Kelly. The WO set also mention a wrestler named Awful Finlay.
  5. Recently changed his signature to make a previous post about how odd the Reds logo looked obsolete. And wow, now that you mention it, I totally recognize your avatar. I guess the B&W sketch threw me off.
  6. Has an avatar that I like to imagine is Conrad "Mr. Drummond" Bain despite it clearly being someone else.
  7. Yes! I cannot wait to get home from work. We did not get Prime Time Wrestling in Canada (as far as I know) but I saw a few from around this time on a tape my cousin got from friends of the family in the US (which I stupidly taped over by 1996). The thing I remember most was they showed squash matches from Superstars more often than 17 minute snoozers from house shows (at least on the few episodes I saw), so it seemed special when they did show you a Superstar vs. Superstar match that you didn't get on the weekend syndies. One of the episodes I had featured the SummerSlam 92 dark match of El Matador vs Papa Shango from SummerSlam 92. Basically, I'm hoping to see Razor Ramon stiff a jobber with the Razor's Edge followed by a competitive bout between Papa Shango and Marty Jannetty.
  8. No, that was Volume 7. Number 6 was "ThemeAddict". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_ThemeAddi...Music%2C_Vol._6
  9. Cogeco remedied me being a day ahead with the Shorties by putting up Jack Korpela's last night, so we're on even ground again. I also checked the description for Prime Time and was kinda bummed to see it listed as hosted by Monsoon and Heenan, I was hoping for it to be hosted by Vince, Heenan, Monsoon, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, and Hillbilly Jim sitting in a conference room. I'm sure it will be a nice slice of early 90s nostalgia as that was when I first got into this crazy thing called wrestling.
  10. I was being a bit sarcastic too... I mean, I rented the game in '99 and tried my damnedest to get the best photos possible, but it's not much of a game.
  11. Doesn't get the joke.
  12. Likes Boston sports and Eric Cartman.
  13. I can't believe TSM isn't raving about Pokemon Snap being on VC.
  14. I highly recommend listening to the Bryan and Vinny show on f4wonline.com recapping this show. Love the analogy of Vince taking a beer from Austin being the wrestling equivalent of Charlie Brown trying to kick a football held by Lucy. I also like his analogy of swerves and his take on how Tenay and West would do commentary during Undertaker's entrance ("It's dark in here!" "It sure is Mike!", "Undertaker is coming down the ramp!").
  15. "It was nice to see so many alive people on this show" - Alverez.
  16. Search AOL keyword "WWF" for the latest Sunny downloads!
  17. Mae Old!
  18. Yeah, that's the heel turn I was referencing, but when I checked History of the WWE (realizing Ahmed couldn't be in the Nation AND do a Gauntlet Match with them 6 days later) I didn't see his heel turn listed until June or so, occurring during a tag team match where he doesn't tag in. Most unusual.
  19. Ruins jokes with their bastard cousins, "facts" (though it wasn't really funny... just trying to continue the chain with something different)
  20. Probably THE actual gary floyd.
  21. May or may not be computer generated... but is NOT CanadianGuitarist.
  22. Have you got the latest version of Windows Media Player? A lot of new media online won't play without it. Yeah, I got around to hacking the stupid WGA requirement and hoped that would fix those problems, but the Firefox window just sits there with a black screen. It works fine with IE though, like I said. Also, I forgot to mention a line from JR that got a chuckle from me: "Skinner certainly was a Fabulous One".
  23. My thoughts exactly.
  24. If I somehow get my system back online in the next two weeks I'm in, but if I've already been unmotivated enough to look into the problem for several months, I don't see me suddenly finding the extra time to devote to this now. Anything is possible though.
×
×
  • Create New...