DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Ijp3tJnWc This is cool Coliseum Video opening that was discussed earlier. 24/7 has a different song (someone on youtube made a comment about this song being the real version and 24/7 dubbing over it, which could be true I just assumed there were two different songs). To be honest, I like the song on 24/7 better.
-
Well, in the Spring of 97 they introduced Rockabilly to feud with The Real Double J. Since that feud sucked, I believe they were both missing from TV until the fall of 97, where they teamed up for no reason but won the hearts of the audience by wearing South Park shirts (hey, it won me over in 97).
-
I thought she was credited with 3 points? Edit: My mistake, she only has 3 points total.
-
New content for the week of February 7th (excuse my forgetting the exact dates): Big Ones: "Colossal Jostle" MSG house show (1985) Specials: "Biggest, Smallest, Strangest, Strongest" (1985 Coliseum Video), November 28 / 1987 SNME Territories: NWA (first week of July 85) Prime Time: TNT, Monday Night War (first Monday of December 96). -- I watched the BSSS Coliseum Video after work last night. Nothing special but seeing some of the old footage was interesting. I spent the morning watching Nitro and Raw. Nitro has a great Benoit / Regal match, the only downfall being Regal gets busted open causing the family safe long shot for the rest of the match. It's kinda like watching it live, though! I loved the way Nitro opened, with Tony promising footage and then standing there, followed by "oh you're still looking for it?". Classic. Raw wasn't much but Lawler's tasteless jokes about Tiny Tim's death had me laughing and Flash Funk vs Goon was actually ok. One thing I found odd was during the main event (HHH / Billy Gunn vs Mero / Jake Roberts), Lawler makes a comment about Billy revealing he and Bart aren't even brothers. Was that the end of that brother gimmick? I seem to recall them having match where Bart was "injured" by Billy and their wives, I guess, asking Billy how he could do that to his own brother.
-
If you thot that Jeff and Mickie were going to win, y didnt u pik them instead? I dont understand y u r always second-guessing urself n thinkin that yu will get screwed. Please don't type like that. Also, I was taking a risk by only picking one half of each match as I thought both had a legitimate chance at winning. It worked out in the end anyway as I'm now the top of the league. Oh, and if anyone was wondering: "Several emails have come in asking why Chloe did not receive appearance points for the Torrie/Carlito/Flair interaction. The reason is that Chloe did not appear; the dog Torrie held was actually a chihuahua (which may have been another of Torrie's dogs, the chihuahua named Stewie)" Marvin: HBK was worth 45 points.
-
I haven't had a problem with Khali's booking on Raw (and it was pretty cool when confused Khali threw all the heels out of the ring in that Rumble preview deal on Raw) but to compare him to Kobashi is ludicrous.
-
The New Years' Revolution 07 DVD features John Cena vs. Kevin Federline from Monday Night Raw and the Donald Trump vs. Rosie O'Donnell match from Raw as extras. That's something, eh?
-
So, my Raw week: WGTT = good Melina = should have picked Mickie, but at least she had an extra appearance Flair = with 2 extra appearances, has only 1 less point than Hardy will get for winning, so it worked out Dykstra = extra appearance, plus his loss was to Lashley, who I also have. Michaels = I assumed he would win a match to earn his Mania match this week, so that $5M paid off. I only have Lashley for ECW (and he got some good points out of Raw) and Batista for SmackDown (and I believe he appeared 3 times on Raw). I also have Maryse and Cherry but that's probably a combined 6 points.
-
Lashley vs Test: The Final Encounter is all set to open Mania 23. Or Bob Holly, depending on his health.
-
That's something on 24/7, not a DVD. Well I suppose it could be both, but the description is from next month's 24/7 schedule.
-
Very true. I did feel compelled to answer a question, though. Plus a mod (probably HTQ) can always merge this into CTDWAT. Edit: See?
-
Cade looked huge at Cyber Sunday. Meltzer (quite accurately) pointed out no one notices Cade's size because it's a "Land of the Giants" type deal. S_D: During your time without a net connection, we ("we" being the 24/7 Connection - myself, cabbageboy, Black Lushus, tapout, and MilleniumMan in regards to the online version) decided to post the line-ups in General Wrestling.
-
Don't hold your breath on licensed games on VC, including GoldenEye.
-
I know Meltzer was having an almost weekly "this is how big Cade is now and this is his ring gear" update in WON.
-
Anyway... For once, I've actually made decisive picks in relation to announced matches instead of just picking both Melina AND Mickie James (or Flair AND Hardy). So, look for Jeff Hardy to beat Flair even though it's non title and Mickie to retain just so I'm screwed over. I dropped D&D because one would think a non-title win over the tag champs is as far as they can go before needing a break from the ring for at least a week. Because of that thought, look for them to win the tag titles this week just so I'm screwed over.
-
It has to be, what with Booker T being a "5 Time WCW Champion" and all. If you read the history of the World title on wikipedia, there's an interesting (or nerdy) debate on the lineage of that title. The main points. WWE.com of course says the title started with HHH, but there are things that point out WWE's own continuity problems with this idea. It's a lot to digest and can induce headaches thinking about it.
-
Added: Flair vs Jeff Hardy - if Flair wins, he earns the right to fight for the IC title at Mania. Melina vs Mickie James - WWE Women's title on the line. That Flair / Hardy match is iffy. If Flair wins, then Jeff can't be in Money in the Bank 3 (and that seems to be the annual Mania match that he'd fit right into) but the idea of HBK, Taker, and Flair - 3 legends - winning gold at WrestleMania is not bad. I just watched Cyber Sunday on 24/7 and Piper and Flair winning the tag titles got an amazing pop.
-
Raw is the "A" show and WrestleMania event announcements will not be "wasted" on SmackDown.
-
It was mentioned just a few weeks ago as a kayfabe storyline for John Cena.
-
More WM:TAG footage including what looks like HBK doing a Canadian Destroyer to Yokozuna. There's also UMK3 and SF vs X-Men stuff at the beginning.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps7u7DX29l8 WrestleMania (Genesis Version), Sega CD, Royal Rumble, and Raw (32X version!) finishers. And... A bunch of the promo segments from Warzone And the rest I know the Ahmed ones were in circulation but I don't think these other ones were. The much rumoured fatality from WM: Arcade
-
Current news indicates they want to NOT drag out the WM main event announcements.
-
So are you not shooting for last place (with a full roster) anymore?
-
Hooray, after they finally added in the SmackDown points I'm in 2nd.
-
For some reason, some of my games are unplayable on my DC. MvC2 goes into an eternal load once you pick a team, ditto for NFL Blitz.