DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
That was really good, and I think it's good that even though the show is a comedy - and season 2 was really damn funny - they've done a good job making season 3 very story driven and interesting. That's not intended as a backhanded compliment or anything.
-
Last reports still had Heyman under contract, so in theory he could be asked to book ONS 07. The venue (or event in general) can change at anytime, but it's scheduled to be from Hammerstein again and I'm not sure who the hell would go see 'the new breed' there if there was no chance of something remotely resembling real ECW.
-
Weren't they brought up because Stephanie needed a tag team and just randomly decided "hey, you two, you're working TV tonight", throwing off the OVW feud between them in the process? I seem to recall reading that as the story back in 2003.
-
With the money they freed up, they were able to sign Ace "Donald Trump" Steel and Cassidy Riley to developmental deals.
-
Gangrel probably didn't have a $250,000 guarantee either. Someone said he was also wrestling in Deep South (but in fairness that may have been in the original firings thread).
-
Wikipedia, my number one source for all wrestling information: He would appear at one more WWF pay-per-view, still going after Vader in the 1996 Survivor Series, but that match ended with all remaining wrestlers being disqualified. Yokozuna stayed on the WWF roster for a while afterwards, as he worked to lose the weight that he had put on. Despite dropping a reported 100 pounds (45 kg), though, he still could not lose enough to satisfy the WWF officials. He was unable to pass a physical required for professional wrestlers by the New York State Athletic Commission and was eventually released from the WWF in 1998, although rumours persisted for many years that he would be brought back if he lost enough weight.
-
There's an audio deal on WWE.com with JBL and Cole just chatting for about 20 minutes. It seems ok so far (JBL is good). Heh, JBL goes off on Mil Mascaras.
-
-
While I won't argue it warrants it's own thread at this point in time, we've been discussing it for hours in CTDWAT.
-
In watching the Crockett Cup 88 (in theory... I was reading the WON and then FF'd through some of it to get to other things) I realized that WWE did not invent in the blindfold match in 1991 like I assumed they did at Mania VII. That Bunkhouse Stampede match or whatever the battle royal in a cage was called was less dumb than I had imagined from reading about it; I was expecting everyone to climb the cage for no reason and take a big bump to get eliminated, but most of the eliminations were by being taken to the door and thrown out, which makes sense to a point.
-
CW Anderson, come on down.
-
I'm surprised Scotty and Funaki have (currently) survived another round, but I guess they are good job guys (or 'ring veterans' that the Gymini beat in 'impressive wins').
-
Well at least they weren't lying when someone told Claudio they were making cuts.
-
Well as thriving as the tag scene in ECW was, he'll probably manage as a singles jobber.
-
Only from in-ring work, it seems. It says he is still a trainer.
-
I always thought it was a skull, but yeah, I guess it can be interpreted as a puppy in that picture. Neat.
-
From PWInsider: The person that wrestled in the costume at Tuesday's Smackdown taping was actually a female wrestler who has worked under the name Shantelle Taylor. WWE sent her out for her dark match against Jamie Noble dressed ambiguously. The idea is people aren't supposed to pick up that she is a woman. She is a Canadian who is under a developmental deal in Deep South.
-
WWE has come to terms on the release of Gangrel (David Heath) and the tag team Gymini (Mike and Todd Shane). We wish all three talents the best in all future endeavors.
-
Thanks Lushus. As for the 2000 Rumble, I like the Tazz debut, tables match, and Rumble match myself, but I can see why a person wouldn't.
-
I will admit the "woah they have X this week!" surprise element is fun (my reaction to seeing the Midnight Express vs Fantastics double ring WCCW match this morning).
-
really? I better check then. by the way a quick comment, when did Jillian Hall turn heel? I mean one week shes a face then suddenly shes teaming with the heel kristal an dlast week she did a heel promo and faced ashley. I mean is wwe so lazy they cant even book a heel turn properly? its like when Candice turned face out of nowhere last year and no mention was made. EDIT: yes 24/7 is available here THAT REEKS OF AWESOMENESS. I looked at the listings and it has 2 monday night wars, the 2000 rumble ppv in the big ones section, some old msg stuff hall of fame on jyd and others. to name afew, plus its only 6.95 a month CRAP I got to get my own cable box for my room Hey kids, check out the 24/7 thread in General Wrestling http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=83026 I was saddened when the thread failed in November (I didn't contribute to it at first because I thought it might have) but it had a big rebirth in January and it sounds like more people have access to the channel now.
-
Regarding "Shorties", it seems to me that their new schedule of gradually adding them through the month instead of just putting 10 up for 4 weeks (or in the case of this month, 5 weeks) has caused more than 10 to be added, which is fine by me. There is a Midnight Express vs Fantastics double ring match from WCCW available now, I will probably watch it tomorrow. To people with cable companies that WWE is working competently with: Is No Mercy supposed to be gone already (possilby replaced by Cyber Sunday)? I noticed the other day it expired on 1/16 and I assumed CS would go up in it's place, but nothing did. I wish WWE.com would put the full schedule back up, but I have a feeling that not having to be accountable for what the schedule is SUPPOSED to be is a reason it no longer exists. I was kinda bummed that my cable company didn't get the 11/18/96 MNW but at least a good chunk of it was available for in the free section (including the Bischoff heel turn and La Parka debut).
-
No squash matches from Superstars this episode (at least none of those blurred "Superstars of Wrestling" signs, anyway), I think everything that week was from a house show but I don't remember for sure. I remember Hart Foundation vs Rogeau Brothers (good) and Killer Bees vs Demolition (upset win, but maybe the Bees were on a big roll in 87?). There was also JYD vs Macho Man as the main event (fast forwarded). I think the show opened with Koko B. Ware vs. Danny Davis and I don't remember much else outside of that line-up. There was also another Fuji/Muracco joint, "Fuji Chan", which was pretty amusing despite Gorilla Monsoon's claims that it was not. To be honest, I fast forward through most PTW matches and watch the Gorilla / Heenan interplay, which was good as usual (the plot: Heenan promised a big meal for him and Monsoon). Back to the 11/25/96 Raw, not counting watching the Armageddon Rules match between Taker and Executioner on 24/7 Online, today was the first time I ever saw a Terry Gordy Executioner match (I must not have seen this episode of Raw as I don't remember the Owen/Bret opener or the angle where Bulldog stops Austin from injuring Bret). It was kinda cool that he used Papa Shango's theme music and apparently his finisher as the "Asian Spike" submission.
-
Yeah - it may upset the smark crowd but that reasoning is astoundingly logical by Vince. Anyone that's been following the trend tracking by Observer (I think specifically stuff Todd Martin has mentioned on the website) shows that a lot of people attending WWE events don't seem to even be aware of TNA. Even the last WWE show I left at the Joe Louis Arena had people scratching their head when TNA was mentioned, and most people said "what is this?" to the flyer being handed out to them after the show about Bound for Glory before throwing it on the street. Of course, the flip side is anyone googling Marquis whatever will probably be directed to something mentioning Monty Brown in TNA, but the thought was there.
-
"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining L. Ron Hubbard/Scientology and The Bible . The story should use possesion by Satan as a plot device!" Tremendous. "Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Super Mario Bros. and Mortal Kombat . The story should use robbery as a plot device!" Shao Khan invades the Mushroom Kingdom and steals the seven stars prompting the ultimate battle between good and evil?