Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Anyone know if turning off the stamina meters (which I never used in SvR06) eliminate UCMs and environmental hotspots? I only played it for a bit before work and control is taking some time to get used to, but I noticed if I give up trying, "Type D" seems to be based on the 'classic' setup (pad for walking, x for strike, o for grapple). So far by biggest problem was when I went into create mode to listen to the new music (always my first thing), they make you watch the wrestler's entrance in the background. When the animation cycle completes, the theme starts over. That's fine if I'm only listening to a portion of it, but annoying none the less. The new locker room is neat. I like the bios as well. I couldn't seem to do a big splash off the top with Umaga so I'll have to edit the moves. What the hell is that song RVD comes out to? Is it from 'Wreckless Intent'? It's not bad sounding, actually.
  2. I haven't made many CAWs in recent years, usually just me. Game should arrive in the mail tomorrow.
  3. Wiki says "unreleased". "Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors is an unreleased video game planned for release initially on the Sega CD in April 1995 and to be followed by PC, 3DO versions later that year. The game starred the comedy-magician duo Penn & Teller. The developer Absolute Entertainment went out of business before they could release the game" "The game re-surfaced years later when Frank Cifaldi, editor of Lost Levels, a website dedicated to unreleased video games, received a copy of the game from a reviewer who had covered it years ago. The game is composed of several minigames and an adventure/platform game starring Penn & Teller. All the minigames were made for the sole purpose of enabling the owner of the game to fool their friends (except for the Desert Bus minigame, obstensibly a joke on the owner himself) by many different means" "The bus contains no passengers, and there is no scenery or other cars on the road. The bus veers to the right slightly; as a result, it is impossible to tape down a button to go do something else and have the game end properly. If the bus veers off the road it will stall and be towed back to Tucson, also in real time. If the player makes it to Las Vegas, they will score exactly one point. The player then gets the option to make the return trip to Tucson—for another point (a decision they must make in a few seconds or the game ends). Players may continue to make trips and score points as long as their endurance holds out. Some players who have completed the trip have also noted that, although the scenery never changes, a bug splats on the windscreen over halfway through the first trip, and on the return trip the light does fade, with differences at dusk, and later a pitch black road where the player is guided only with headlights." So, yeah, anyway, game length is overrated.
  4. Penn and Teller: Smoke and Mirrors had a level that lasted 8 hours driving a bus down a highway. Or would have, if it came out. Kingdom Hearts II could have probably trimmed 3 hours (Roxas) and been even better. And so on.
  5. "Brock Lesnar" is just uncalled for, Hawkman. Edit: Never mind, reread and noted it's not a current list (I only quickly glanced and saw Lesnar). Even prime vs. prime, I find that highly debatable, but I don't care much for online debates so I won't bother.
  6. When I was supposed to be making a Sunstone I just ended up wandering the fields killing things. It really is nice knowing when you're running into an enemy. I also got great satisfaction out of getting a 2nd party member, buying some black magick, and kicking the mutant wolf mark's ass after he killed me multiple times when I was just starting out. I haven't had a lot of time to play so I'm not far into the game at all (just met Balthier and Fran - I can tell I'm going to like Balthier due to his accent and "stage direction" speaking manner) but after being on the fence about the game, I'm glad everyone else liked it enough for me to get it and enjoy it (Future Shop's $10 off sale didn't hurt either).
  7. Didn't TNA pull Angle from this the other day? It's becoming very hard to follow Kurt's "I was on them / I've been clean for years" statements about painkillers. I'm also not sure what his involvement in Owen vs. Bret from WrestleMania X or Savage vs Steamboat from WrestleMania III was, but I guess that's a subjective "top 10" list.
  8. Click on the "Salon" logo on the upper left, stare at an ad for a GM truck until it re-directs to the site, then find the story. That's how I had to do it (you can also register for free).
  9. Dwight was paged and went to off camera to use his cell phone (or his cell phone was on vibrate and he walked out of scene to use it when it rang). He told Michael it was Stamford that closed and they celebrated wildly that "they did it!". They then wondered what exactly it was they did.
  10. Cena's Mobster
  11. Finally saw the movie tonight (in a packed theatre for a 7:30 showing - would seem the movie still has legs, which is awesome). Awesome stuff, everyone seemed to love it, and the audience was very diverse in terms of age - it reminded me of waiting in line for the Colbert Report. Laughs all the way through. I won't say I laughed more than I did during Clerks II, but it's definitely one of the top movies I've seen this year. Friday estimate: $9,925,000
  12. It will be less than 10 minutes, have a non finish, and be awful like all their other chemistry lacking matches. Normally that's a terrible thing for a world title match, but if it gives more time to the top two elimination matches, I'm all for it. (Note I'm advocating it being quick and done with, not being awful).
  13. Yeah, both movies have sequels in the works (two more with RE!) so I guess it makes sense from a general marketing point of view. I still want a LoZ movie as long as a hack isn't behind it.
  14. I also thought Michael comparing what he and Dwight were doing to Michael Moore movies was a funny enough Michael observation, but adding the punchline of being disappointed with Bowling for Columbine because it wasn't like Kingpin was fantastic.
  15. I think they should have said Mortal Kombat instead of AVP. I love the first Mortal Kombat.
  16. It is worth noting that WWE.com proclaims the 7 matches being announced as being announced "exclusively" on WWE.com. Thanks for clearing that up, HBST. Another week where playing Fantasy is pretty useless.
  17. Monday's one might be made obvious after the Raw taping in England. Not to derail this thread for a second time, but what is the story there? With the Fantasy rosters still locking at 7pm eastern, I assumed Raw was going to be almost live on Monday (that would only be 5pm UK time, right?). Fantasy has been messing up lately, though, which sucks because I never read Raw spoilers for taped shows (despite always reading SD ones) and it's tough to be competitive if the Fantasy Board f's up and everyone else cheats.
  18. Makes sense, EGM (8.5 - 7 - 7) said the versions are, for all intents and purposes, the same game with prettier graphics on the 360.
  19. Yeah, one would think that such a storyline point being given away in the trailer (instead of a lame twist the audience groans at when it's revealed during the movie, like when Raiden said he was Shao Kahn's brother in the second Mortal Kombat movie - sorry, just felt like bringing up that awful film which I've watched multiple times, as recently as Monday... what was I saying here?) indicates it's actually part of a bigger storyline twist (like Met said, possibly involving Harry) or at the very least, faux motivation for him to fuse with the symbiote. The other weird thing I noticed in the trailers was the symbiote suit being in a drawer. That just seemed weird, but probably was not fully bonded yet. I just recall in TAS (my only real source of reference outside of the internet and talking with friends for Spider-Man mythos) that it acted as his everyday clothes.
  20. Yeah, today's announced match was rather obvious for spoiler readers, and tomorrow's will probably re-announce the other one we know (but probably with a stipulation). Sunday and Monday are up in the air although one will probably officially announce Kennedy vs Taker in some sort of match.
  21. The print ad for the games states "Now creepy on multiple levels" with a big picture of The King, apparently rising from a sewer.
  22. Well, he was using the word storm in a metaphorical sense there, hence the quotes. He also would not qualify as "a critic perhaps not because they are trained and educated in the biz but because they are simply fans who have access to some internet sites".
  23. I guess he's avoided execution.
  24. Probably should continue there (or in General), but the whole issue did come about due to the "Legends" vs Spirit Squad match discussion.
×
×
  • Create New...