TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

I never thought about that before.

I watched "The Wish" tonight because some girl basically ditched me; so I wanted to take my mind off of it.

I then watched "Gingerbread" and I realized I never watched the episode before. I don't know why, I just didn't watch it. Anyway I thought it was a pretty good episode for what it was.

I LOVED RESTLESS~! While Primeval had the bad-ass end-season fight scene, the finale was fantastic and original.

Tara: "Be back before Dawn!" and 7:30 on the clock...cryptic messages rock!

"I wear the cheese. The cheese does not wear me."

I remember looking into the Gentlemen story when I first saw the episode. IIRC, the story was written about stealing, in general, in society. So the best I could ever come up with was just the Gentlemen were thieves. Nothing more, nothing less. And I figured once they finish with a town, they move on to pillage another town.

Restless is fucking BRILLIANT. Top 5 IMO. It should be included in Season 5 rather than 4!

It is defiently in my top 5, behind "The Wish" "Passion" "Becoming Pt 2."

From amazon.com, here are the DVD features for Season 5:

DVD Features:

Commentary by writer David Fury and director David Grossman on 'Real Me'

Commentary by writer Doug Petrie on 'Fool for Love'

Commentary by writer Jane Espenson on 'I Was Made to Love You'

Commentary by writer/director Joss Whedon on 'The Body'

Scripts for 'The Replacement,' 'Fool for Love,' 'Into the Woods,' and 'Checkpoint'

"Buffy Abroad" featurette

"Demonology: A Slayer's Guide" featurette

"Casting Buffy" featurette

"Action Heroes! The Stunts of Buffy" featurette

Series outtakes

"The Story of Season 5" featurette

"Natural Causes" featurette

"Spotlight on Dawn" featurette

Still gallery

Interactive video game trailer

DVD-ROM: Buffy Demon Guide

Full-screen format

Number of discs: 6

How the HELL am I going to wait till Christmas when I get this?!

She is the most annoying character in Buffy. All she did was complain, then all of a sudden in season 7 she changed? Huh? Where was the growth? If I didn't see the growth on the show, then it didn't happen.

I don't like Dawn for those same reasons. Plus I hear "well that's how a teen would act if her mother and sister died and she was almost killed, etc." Seems to me she'd be extremely depressed and almost catatonic not a whiny little bitch.

Plus her motives for being bitchy didn't always make sense. Sometimes it felt like just an excuse to make her bitchy.

Initially, the purpose was to make Dawn annoying. She's the bratty younger sister made to annoy Buffy... mission accomplished. Then we were supposed to feel sympathy for her when she was dealing with the whole "am I real ordeal" - some did, some didn't. For the latter half of Season 5 she was much less annoying, at least for me.

Lemme put it this way: Dawn and Ben were made to parallel each other. At first, Ben was the nice guy and Dawn was a lil bitch. As the season progressed their roles changed. At the end, Dawn was the one willing to sacrifice herself for the world and Ben wasn't. Even if you don't like Dawn, that's some brilliant storytelling.

Season 6 Dawn was just plain annoying, though. No reason for that.

That can't be right.  There has to be commentary on "The Gift"

It's correct. I have the Region 2 set. For whatever reason, there is no commentary for that ep. Sucks.

I thought the SiTs were far more annoying than any other character ever in the Buffyverse. They are one of the reasons why Season Seven is one of, if not the single least favorite season of mine.

She is the most annoying character in Buffy. All she did was complain, then all of a sudden in season 7 she changed? Huh? Where was the growth? If I didn't see the growth on the show, then it didn't happen.

For about the 10th time in this thread (I swear my post are ignored)

Damn was unhappy about being ignored, and being treated as a child. Buffy went through strides to keep Dawn hidden from the evil in the world despite the fact that it was impossible to do so. She wouldn't let her research, if there was a problem, get in the house and duck and cover. She went from being the focal point of attention in season 5 to being treated as if she should pretend that none of it never happened in Season 6. She talked (whined) about it the entire season, and FINALE, it took Buffy to realize that no matter what she did, she couldn't protect her from it anymore to stop treating her sister like a child and as a equal.

If she is treated as a equal (as she was in season 7) then WHAT was there for her to complain about? IF the very basis of all her complaints in season 6 were addressed, then she had nothing to whine about anymore. It wasn't as much as growth as it was basically the problem was recognized and solved.

Plus she did that little Mexican hip dance in "Conversations with Dead People' that should have everyone loving her now.

Wait no further, here is Season 5's DVD Cover Art!

I had a feeling that Dawn would be featured on it but Spike is a pleasant surprise. For some reason, I thought they'd go with yellow as this season's cover color.

36687.jpg

Available December 9th.

Dames

That's why I assumed yellow. They went through the other simple, primary colors except for yellow.

By the way, as the subtitle for this thread suggest, one year ago today, Season 7 premiered on UPN.

Dames

Sign in to follow this