TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DrTom

The One&Only DC/NC Gathering Thread!

Guest Kotzenjunge

Damn, now it's going to be a sausage-fest for sure.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Kotzenjunge

Argh. Bloody hell.

Any NYC SmartMarks coming besides Dames?

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest LooseCannon
I guess Leena's out. Who to replace her?

I wonder if LooseCannon can get in on this. He seems like a helluva guy, and lives in Philly (I believe), making it a reasonable drive for him.

Unfortunately, I'll be in Ohio over the holidays visiting family. Otherwise I'd love to fucking come to this. I'd consider coming anyway, but my mom would probably be pretty understandably pissed that for the two weeks during the whole year she gets to see me, I go out to DC for a couple of days to hang out with people I know over the internet.

Maybe if there's ever another one, I can make it to that.

Guest DrTom

Dames, if you can get to Northern Maryland or even into Southern PA, I'd give you a lift down there.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Yeah, she'll be back in on this by Friday, but she'll also leave again, then be back in, then leave again, then be back in, then leave again...

Get the idea?

Seriously, let's find something reliable.

Wish there was some way I could help.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest EricMM

Why would anyone want to crash at my place? You seriously overestimate the size of my casa.

Awww, naw, you can have the guest bed. We call it "The Living Room Couch." :P

Dammit no one answered my question: Is this thing really happening? Where and when and what?

Guest Kotzenjunge

It's happening, in Washington DC, the weekend after Christmas, Thursday-Sunday.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Kinetic

The sausage-fest is blown out of proportion, seeing as how a group of handsome, established young men such as ourselves can surely pick up some chicks. Alina was just one girl, so unless you were all planning on joining me in a rousing round of bukkake, this doesn't really mean anything. Although I did kind of want to meet her and it sucks that Dames might not be able to make it.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Once again, an Established one is right. We'll be fine, and having one female might have actually been weirder than none.

We'll be able to pick them up fine... as long as we make an effort that is, and I'm allowed to work my club magic.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Incandenza

Given Alina's mood swings, I can't say her not coming upsets me. Hopefully Dames will find a way.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Hitchhike. You'd be surprised how many people will actually pick someone up. I ALWAYS pick up hitchhikers. It's pretty interesting.

Guest Big Poppa Popick
one big ass tough guy who appears on NWA sometimes and is a wrestler, and a 11 year veteran of the martial arts.

Eh? Is that you BPP, or was there some bullshitting session that I held and then forgot about?

you do stuff sometimes for nwa right?

and im the 11 year martial arts guy

Guest Agent of Oblivion

What discipline? Just out of curiousity. I watched this thing on TLC about the top ten martial arts forms or what have you, and I'm now obsessed with trying to find someone who teaches this discipline where you can get punched right in the throat and kicked in the goonies and not flinch.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

oh yeah, just a random thought ... we might run into problems with this sniper guy around if they dont catch him...ive been hearing rumors of a national guard callout if hes not gotten by thanksgiving *having friends in power rules! thanks guys* so we 'might' want to have a backup location.

It seems there's peeps that live in that area, so that leads me to my other question. Are we staying with them or debautching a hotel?

And if we're in DC, I might just have to ESTABLISH~! a swing dance there...

Guest Cancer Marney

"Friends in power?" Doug Duncan, the county executive, addressed that possibility at a public press conference.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

well

thats what I get for not watching the news today

SCORE ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS...

Who's that Duncan guy? I got some friends in the law enforcement agencies up there that mentioned it to me?

*sigh, i should pay more attention*

and to whoever asked about disciplines of martial arts

7 years aikido *focus on grappling*

4 years taekwando *focus on kicking*

Ive also got 3 years of training with the bo

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Aikido was actually on that show I watched. Ranked number 7, IIRC. I have no idea what their system of doing so was, and I didn't take the ranking seriously at all, but Shaolin Kung Fu was number one. Did anyone else watch that thing? I'm DYING to know what the one was where they harnessed their Ki, and could withstand four people punching them in the throat full force without even blinking.

Guest EricMM

I saw that show. I talked to my boss at work, and he's taken 6 years of aikido. He said that while those guys could take those hits while standing still and focusing, they couldn't in the midst of a brawl.

I've always wanted to get into a martial art, that Shaolin Kung Fu looked swank, and theres a kung fu club here on campus. Maybe just Tai Chi? I'm not that violent. Seriously, you know you want to learn that 6th sense ninjitsu stuff.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

No, but they could psyche up before getting into a fight with some dumbass behind a bar somewhere, take their best shot, then laugh in their face and pound on 'em.

If I were to go out and try to learn one of the disciplines they showed, it would definitely be Kav Naga, or whatever it was called. The one tought to the Israeli military and swat teams. There's no meditation or spirituality involved in that, it's just straight up, someone pulls a knife or a gun on you, and you beat their ASS. Seemed more practical.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Funny: Leena's trying to talk to me on AIM. She says that I think I can read her mind when I say she acts like a child.

The Establishment will now laugh.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest LooseCannon

I have two observations concerning the Leena controversy.

1. Her thread had 7 pages making it a success regardless of what a couple people said about it.

2. We should sick godthedog on DJ Jeff and other lame/useless posters.

Guest Kotzenjunge

(accepts money from bets by people who were assuming she was gone)

Told you she'd give some lame reason to return.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Big Poppa Popick

Score one more for the Establishment.

Kotz, you're now an Established Psychic!

Guest Kotzenjunge

Nah, I was just the first to observe her glaring defects.

She's now gone onto three different names to continue bothering me, and the latest was the funniest. She tried to pose as someone from ImpressingRoom.com named jenni88, but I knew that the moment she said hello for the second time it was her. She loves saying hello for some reason, even if you've been talking for an hour already.

OOOH! News flash: The FIFTH name she's tried...

GWF Lita: Don't block me. I'll promise you online sex, and you can slap my ass hard. K?

Kotzenjunge: I don't think you get it.

GWF Lita: I don't. Please explain.

Kotzenjunge: You're just sad now.

Kotzenjunge: Stop bothering.

And that's where I blocked her again.

Ugh, someone fix this.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge