TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WrestlingDeacon

Best One Hit Wonders

Fastball had two modest hits, Out of My Head and You're An Ocean. I wouldn't even say J.Geils is close to a one hit wonder, they have at least three that come to my mind (Must Have Gotten Lost, Centerfold and Freeze Frame). Plus they did the theme to the movie, Fright Night, granted the theme sucked but they did the theme for it.

I think J Geils Band were a one hit wonder over here, anyway. Maybe not elsewhere (though, now I think about it, I think Freeze Frame was a modest hit).

Guest Shutterspeed
Stone Cold (Where Austin got his name btw)

I heard that he and Debra were watching a program about serial killers and they got the name from there.

And why in the fuck has noone mentioned Survivor's Eye of the Tiger yet?

People sure have loose definitions on what a 1HW is...

Oh VH1 was NOTORIOUSLY bad at one-hit wonders. They did some special countdown, actually before we all got tired of lists, and they'd always be like

"Sure, they had a follow-up that got to #12, but to us...they're a one-hit wonder"

Stone Cold (Where Austin got his name btw)

I heard that he and Debra were watching a program about serial killers and they got the name from there.

And why in the fuck has noone mentioned Survivor's Eye of the Tiger yet?

Did Austin even know Debra when he was first called Stone Cold?

Guest Anticrombie

Replace Debra with Billie Jean or Bobby Jo or whatever the fuck Austin's first wife's name is...you know the one he stole from Chris Adams

One more I forgot:

I Will Still Love You - Stonebolt

Great song, no follow-up. Basically, your average mid-70s one-hit wonder

I don't know if these only apply to the UK charts, but "Breakfast At Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something and "Inside" by Stiltskin were both pretty awesome, to the extent that I bought both of their albums, only to be very disappointed

People sure have loose definitions on what a 1HW is...

Oh VH1 was NOTORIOUSLY bad at one-hit wonders. They did some special countdown, actually before we all got tired of lists, and they'd always be like

"Sure, they had a follow-up that got to #12, but to us...they're a one-hit wonder"

How can you resist William Shattner as host of the Top 100 One Hit Wonders?

"No Diggity," by Blackstreet

Good song, but they weren't a one hit wonder as they also had "I Wanna Be Your Man" as a hit.

"No Diggity," by Blackstreet

Good song, but they weren't a one hit wonder as they also had "I Wanna Be Your Man" as a hit.

That depends on how you define "hit." I never heard "I Wanna Be Your Man" on the radio.

Blackstreet isn't a one hit wonder. They had numerous other hit singles, including Don't Leave Me, the No Diggity/Billy Jean remix, the Rugrats song with Mya and Mase, and others.

I don't believe I Wanna Be Your Man was Blackstreet. Unless we're thinking of different songs with that name.

Europe also had Carrie, so they're exempt.

"Don't Leave Me" was that song that sounded a little like "I Ain't Mad At Ya" right? If so, then yeah, I remember that was a hit. Anyone ever hear the remix version of the Rugrats song ("Take Me There")? I never heard the original version on the radio, but the remix got played alot on the radio and on MTV.

Whatever happened to Blackstreet anyway? They disappeared after the Rugrats song. Are they still together?

And I wonder how much money Mase got for rapping about the Rugrats.

Guest JamesHetfield

I remember a band called 'MegaDeath' or something. They had this real wiener on vocals. They probably had one hit somewhere, maybe in Belgium.

Blackstreet isn't a one hit wonder. They had numerous other hit singles, including Don't Leave Me, the No Diggity/Billy Jean remix, the Rugrats song with Mya and Mase, and others.

They also had a song, I think it was called "Before I Let You Go".

If you want to talk about one hit R&B wonders, what about Shai "If I Ever Fall In Love" or Shai "Freak Me"?