TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Lesnar and Heyman disagree on Angle's return...

Some friendly debate in WWE offices about the upcoming storylines.

There are some differing ideas about what to do with the top card on Smackdown when Kurt Angle returns.

Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon are apparently pushing for Angle to return as a heel and feud with Lesnar right away.

However, as per the idea of Paul Heyman, Angle wants to return as a face aligned with Lesnar, and Heyman would manage a heel team of Rhyno and Chris Benoit. Angle actually wants John Cena in that managerial role.

Lesnar actually thinks that Heyman should come in as the manager of Benoit and Rhyno. It is unclear whether Vince McMahon wants Heyman to return as an on-air character.

- PWTorch

Also, what happens to Team Angle in this situation?

Dames

Guest eirejmcmahon

Heel Rhyno/Benoit feuding against face Angle/Lesnar would rock my world, so I'm with Heyman on this one.

Guest OnlyMe

Benoit has switched from face / heel too many times. He should remain a face.

I like the idea of Angle as a face, but then he hasn't really got anyone to feud with. Except Albert.

Guest Damn You Helmsley

I like Heyman's idea provided Angle's face turn is done well.

Guest TheArchiteck

Angle wants John Cena to manage whom??

Yeah, what about Team Angle?

Guest bravesfan

Either plan works well, but...

Plan Vince:

--Angle as a face, battling Lesnar.

--leaves Benoit and Rhyno without a program.

Plan Heyman:

--two more men inserted into the ME slot.

--the return of Paul Heyman.

I'll go with Plan Heyman.

Angle wants John Cena to manage whom??

The Rhyno/Benoit team, in place of Paul Heyman.

Guest FeArHaVoC

People don't want to always cheer Angle. It's more fun to boo him and chant "you suck." People cheer Angle during matches out of respect, but then go back to loving, hating him.

Face Angle bores me. (Not his matches, his character.)

Guest bravesfan

Darn, didn't really weigh all of the options the first time:

Angle returning as a heel will work, providing they

--bring Rhyno up as a heel behind him.

--bring Benoit up as a face alongside Lesnar.

--bring Heyman back to manage Team Angle and Rhyno.

--align Kurt with Team Angle to keep the heel situation going.

Guest FeArHaVoC
Angle actually wants John Cena in that managerial role.

OH MY GOD!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Angle is trying to hold Cena down. Kurt is scared Cena is going to steal his spot!!!!

Guest bob_barron

Hmmmm- Both ideas have some flaws. Benoit has turned way too much and is face run has worked out really well.

But I also don't think they should do Lesnar v. Angle right away

Guest Polish_Rifle

I want Angle as the heel but don't make him look like a little bitch! Rhyno as a top heel with Cena is also a lot better than Albert and Show at this point.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Cena needs to work with these guys so they can teach him to wrestle. Managing isn't going to help as much as wrestling would.

Guest Lightning Flik
Cena needs to work with these guys so they can teach him to wrestle. Managing isn't going to help as much as wrestling would.

Meh. He'll return heel, since Vince will not let him return otherwise.

...and is it me, or was I the only one to like Face Angle?

Actually, if they really did make Angle face, they wouldn't really have to do much to turn him. Just have Angle save Brock from the Rabid Wolverine. Cause didn't like Angle and Lesnar both agree that they have a mutual liking of one another on one show?

...oh wait that's continuity, and the WWE doesn't abid by that.

Guest BoboBrazil

Like Heyman actually has any power in booking anymore. :lol: They are definitely going with Vince and Brock's idea.

Guest Lightning Flik

Besides, I'm expecting a Benoit heel turn on Brock.

Cause didn't like Benoit almost fucking admit back during the tourney that he "doesn't neccessarily have to like the guy holding the belt"? I mean, when Benoit said that I was thinking "YES~! Benoit heel turn, followed by a pursuit for the WWE title".

*sighs* I wish he'd get a shot at it.

Guest tank_abbott

Use both plans....Have Brock/Angle fight on 2 PPVs and then go with the Tag team scenerio

6 months of storylines...if done right

Guest evilhomer
Cause didn't like Angle and Lesnar both agree that they have a mutual liking of one another on one show?

You may be thinking of the Smackdown where Angle came to Brock to ask for his help in his match vs The Big Show. They both gave each other one of those mutual respect you're great speeches.

I like Heyman's plan, but I don't like the idea of turning Benoit again. It could work however with Heyman as the mouth and Benoit and Rhyno as the muscle.

Guest Choken One

I think either way works...

Heel Angle is better but I would rather they do a 6 Way fued with

Angle, Cena and Rhyno Vs Benoit, Brock and Mysterio...

Alternate those 6 for the next six months and it's gold.

Add in the heyman and Team Angle factor with Eddy playing around with them...Should be good...

Keep Hogan in mid-cards though

Guest Goodear
Darn, didn't really weigh all of the options the first time:

Angle returning as a heel will work, providing they

--bring Rhyno up as a heel behind him.

--bring Benoit up as a face alongside Lesnar.

--bring Heyman back to manage Team Angle and Rhyno.

--align Kurt with Team Angle to keep the heel situation going.

I'm down with this senario although keeping Paul out of the mix wouldn't upset me since Kurt doesn't really need him to cut promos anyway.

Well, you know that Vince will try and bury & ruin Angle by getting destroyed by Brock, again. I've heard one of you guys tell Kurt not to come back too soon to Smackdown. I say, pull a big time swerve and have Angle jump to RAW, and feud with HHH, again. If they can do that, then they'll finally have someone who can carry HHH to a ***** match.

Feud between Face Angle & Heel HHH=Gold!

Guest Caliban

Keep Kurt as a heel, and turn Rhyno. Then later down the line, Edge can return, and turn heel also. Voila! Team REK!

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

How's it possible that he could carry HHH to a 5 star match when he hasn't had one himself?

Guest El Satanico

I'd also prefer Angle and Rhyno as the heels vs. Brock and Beniot as the faces.

Angle Rhyno and Team Angle with Heyman talking for Rhyno and Team Angle would make for a nice stable.

However, let me add a twist here. As we all know guys returning from injury after an extended period will get an initial face pop. I say they should go with this for the first month and have face vs. face with Brock vs. Angle at the PPV. At the PPV Rhyno runs in during the match and gore Lesnar causing him and Angle to make the heel turn. The interference would lead to a DQ victory for Lesnar, then Rhyno/Angle would beat down Lesnar and walk back up the ramp with Team Angle meeting them at the top as the PPV ends.

It sounds good....but Angle has already pulled the old swerve on Brock already. He did it like 6 months ago. It would make Brock look like a complete moron for getting plyed out by Angle not once but twice in a 6 month period.

Personally, I want to see everyone against Lesnar...so I'd like to see Benoit, Angle, AND Rhyno all as heels...

Then, you have at LEAST 3 PPVs with Lesnar having strong opponents to face.

Plus, having Angle as a face would be confusing...as it would leave the question "Do We Have To Turn TEAM Angle Face..."

EDIT: Off topic thought...how do you think Lesnar and Angle would have looked with the old 1988-1998 style WWF Title?

Guest fazzle
Heel Rhyno/Benoit feuding against face Angle/Lesnar would rock my world, so I'm with Heyman on this one.

Heyman has SO been hacking into my computer and stealing ideas from my EWR game. Bastard.

Guest El Satanico

Well that was slightly different as Angle was a heel at the time.

If it's face vs. face, Brock would have little reason to suspect nefarious actions.

To make sure Brock doesn't come off looking like a total moron for trusting Angle in anyway. They could do it where Angle has to earn his trust. Brock doesn't intially trust him, but Angle does everything he can to convince him that he's changed including seemingly turning his back on Team Angle.

I knew there was a reason I liked Heyman. Other than his on screen character, and commentary brilliance. Only trouble is, Face Angle=American cheap pops. Eventually people will go off Angle like they did before, so they'll turn him heel again.

But Lesnar/Angle vs Rhyno/Benoit would be awesome, and would make sense. Lesnar and Angle were last seen shaking hands remember. Heyman was last seen being destroyed by Lesnar, and Angle didn't/couldn't help him. It all makes so much sense...

So we all know which scenario will be approved don't we?

And Team Angle don't have to be face, they just need to ditch Angle and become Team Benoit, Team Rhyno or Team Heyman as an FU to Angle.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I'd rather have Rhyno/Brock (heel) vs. Benoit/Angle (face).

Have Angle come back and make use of the huge face pop he's bound to get and have him talk about how he had time to reflect at all the things he's done and how he misses the fans the most.

Team angle turns on him for not helping them keep the tag titles because Angle was too busy thinking about himself - and have Angle question who'd put such thoughts in their head.

Have Rhyno turn on Benoit because Rhyno sez that Benoit is holding him back. Have the announcers (and Benoit) question who's been in Rhynos ear telling him all these things. Have Rhyno come out of a dressing room talking to an unknown person, etc etc. the usual "mystery man" stuff (ditto with Team Angle - just not as much. Fans would get the connection).

Have Brock get upset that Kurt Angle is getting all these cheers and now that Angle is back Brock is worried that he might lose his title. Have his phone ring, he picks it up, at first he's like "what the hell do you want?" but then after a while you'd see his expression change and he would be like "yeah sure, let's meet". The next week you'd see him come out and go face-to-face with Kurt, and talk about how "in 4 weeks" there's going to be a HUGE match up, one that will set the world on fire, one that everyone has been waiting for, Brock vs. Benoit. Then you can have Team Angle come out and lay the beat down on Angle (no official heel turn from Brock just yet - he'd leave the ring before TA enters, goes back in to chase them off. - that allows for Angle to go against them in the weeks leading up to the Benoit/Brock match). Have Rhyno bitch to Brock about how he wants Benoit and have a bit of heat between those two (Brock and Rhyno)

Brock vs. Benoit has Benoit about to win the Belt, Rhyno comes down and beats on him (Brock is 'out'). Angle comes out to make the save. Team Angle comes out to beat on Kurt. Benoit comes to and you have Benoit/Angle against Team Angle. Rhyno comes to and it's 3 on 2. Brock is getting up and everyone thinks he's going to fight off Rhyno/Team Angle, but -of course- he turns on Benoit/Angle.

Cole and Tazz are like "why why", have Tazz get out of his chair and ask Brock why, "You wanna know why Tazz?!" and then have Paul Heyman come out and say "I'll tell you why Tazz..." and have him explain how Brock Lesnar needed Paul Heyman to beat a healthy Kurt Angle, and Paul knew that. So Paul called Brock up and said that he could help (Pauls original reason for turning on Brock was because Brock became his own man and didn't listen to Paul). That Paul had already aquired the services of Team Angle and Rhyno and that together, Kurt Angle would never be able to beat Brock.

This opens the doors to a ton of matches, they can do Brock/Rhyno vs. Angle/Benoit at the Smackdown PPV, and Angle/Brock at Summerslam and Benoit/Rhyno at Summerslam. If Angle wins you could have Angle/Rhyno at the next Smackdown PPV and Benoit/Brock..

Guest Lightning Flik
Plus, having Angle as a face would be confusing...as it would leave the question "Do We Have To Turn TEAM Angle Face..."

Wouldn't HAVE to turn them. Just break them away from Angle by Angle stating that they no longer need to have him as their captain as they are more able team of their own.

Or something like that. You know, just having them split apart going their seperate ways like how Booker T and Goldust did... Bad example as Goldust is almost never seen now, but still, get what I mean?