TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

He also shrunked a couple in height over the years unless he was standing on a stool or something all those times McMahon used to interview him.

Alright so outside of WWE, I haven't seen a whole lot. I've watched a few Impacts and a couple PPV matches of TNA. When it comes to ROH, Japenese wrestling, and everything else, I've seen virtually nothing. But the little that I've seen was awfully good. Higher percentage of quality wrestling than in WWE it seems. Since a lot of you guys seem to be high on these promotions, it would be much appreciated to suggest a few matches to download.

He also shrunked a couple in height over the years unless he was standing on a stool or something all those times McMahon used to interview him.

actually they say that Vince used to have Andre stand on a box or something during interviews

Feels weird to post about this in an Old School thread, but I was watching the "Wrestlemania's 10 Greatest Matches" that aired on SpikeTV back before Wrestlemania XX, and #10 was Benoit/Angle at the Astrodome. Anyway, I checked it out again and remembered reading in Angle's book (not very good I know, but it was $7 a few years ago) that he had told Benoit to try and actually wrestle him for the start of it.

Were they really just going at it out there at the beginning or was Angle just foreshadowing his current dementia?

Feels weird to post about this in an Old School thread, but I was watching the "Wrestlemania's 10 Greatest Matches" that aired on SpikeTV back before Wrestlemania XX, and #10 was Benoit/Angle at the Astrodome. Anyway, I checked it out again and remembered reading in Angle's book (not very good I know, but it was $7 a few years ago) that he had told Benoit to try and actually wrestle him for the start of it.

Were they really just going at it out there at the beginning or was Angle just foreshadowing his current dementia?

From what I heard at the time, Kurt did tell Benoit to really try to wrestle him, and Kurt felt he was good enough that he could fend off Benoit and then go into regular working mode. The idea was to make the bout look more realistic.

Guest Greg Valentine

Here's a couple of random questions. You know the carts that used to take the wrestlers to and from the ring that the WWF used most famously at Wrestlemania III? How many times were these used? Was it only in specific arenas or was it only during a specific time period?

Also, something I noticed while watching Primetime on 24/7, anyone remember the Federettes, the WWF's (I'm assuming) short-lived gimmick for the ring attendants? How long did this last?

Here's a couple of random questions. You know the carts that used to take the wrestlers to and from the ring that the WWF used most famously at Wrestlemania III? How many times were these used? Was it only in specific arenas or was it only during a specific time period?

The only time I've ever seen them was at Wrestlemania III and VI. Since those were huge stadium shows, the idea (I would guess) was to get the wrestlers to the ring faster and without exerting undue energy. My personal theory is that they used to carts because Andre the Giant couldn't walk that far to the ring.

This has probably been asked before, but....

Why was Vince's neck in a brace duing the steroid trial? The Nailz thing? Work?

The trial was summer of 94. Nailz attacking him was December 92. So not that. I'd be shocked if it was a work.

The trial was summer of 94. Nailz attacking him was December 92. So not that. I'd be shocked if it was a work.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't a work. VKM is so out of touch with reality, he probably thought it would get him some good babyface sympathy.

I still like my answer better.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't a work. VKM is so out of touch with reality, he probably thought it would get him some good babyface sympathy.

I didn't realize both the dates you mentioned were so late, and certainly not the trial...I thought they were both late 92.

The only time I've ever seen them was at Wrestlemania III and VI. Since those were huge stadium shows, the idea (I would guess) was to get the wrestlers to the ring faster and without exerting undue energy. My personal theory is that they used to carts because Andre the Giant couldn't walk that far to the ring.

They were different carts each time, no recycling there - I think part of the reason was because of Andre, he'd be too frigging winded if he had to walk half way across the Silverdome or the Sky dome, plus it looked really cool, added a "this is big time" vibe to it that I liked.

I didn't realize both the dates you mentioned were so late, and certainly not the trial...I thought they were both late 92.

Yeah, the trial was 1994. Pat Patterson took over as the main storyline guy, with his first big show being (I think) Royal Rumble 94 and the killing of the Undertaker.

Has Bobby Heenan ever managed a World Champion? I mean he had, King Kong Bundy, Paul Orndorff, Andre the Giant and Mr. Perfect, but none of them won the title when he was their manager.

Well, technically he did have Andre the Giant during his very brief WWF Championship reign. You could maybe count Ric Flair as well, though he obviously wasn't at ringside when he won the WWF Championship in the Royal Rumble.

Well, technically he did have Andre the Giant during his very brief WWF Championship reign. You could maybe count Ric Flair as well, though he obviously wasn't at ringside when he won the WWF Championship in the Royal Rumble.

Heenan had sold Andre's contract to DiBiase at that point.

Heenan had sold Andre's contract to DiBiase at that point.

Ah, yeah, I forgot about that.

How rigged is the Royal Rumble?

It goes without saying that the winner is, of course, and #1 and #2 in some examples seem to have been. What about the others? What about eliminations?

How rigged is the Royal Rumble?

It goes without saying that the winner is, of course, and #1 and #2 in some examples seem to have been. What about the others? What about eliminations?

The order of entry is pre-determined, obviously. Key spots, major eliminations and important angles are laid out ahead of time, but the general flow of a Rumble is ad-libbed, but allowing for the key moments to take place when they're meant to.