TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

So has Triple H and Austin face each other at a main event PPV then?

They were in the main event of No Way Out 2002. Triple H went over to establish himself as a top contender before Austin won the belt.

I have two quick questions

1. Why was Eric Bischoff doing commentary on Nitro in July 1999?

2. Does anybody remember in I think January of 1999 on Nitro, Scott Steiner came out with the NWO with a old beat up tag team title on, instead of his TV Title. But then later on in the show he came out for his match with the TV Title on. Does anybody remember this?

So have Triple H and Austin face each other at a main event PPV then?

They were in the main event of No Way Out 2002. Triple H went over to establish himself as a top contender before Austin won the belt.

Triple H beat Austin at No Mercy 99.

Triple H beat Austin in 2/3 falls match No Way Out 01.

2. Does anybody remember in I think January of 1999 on Nitro, Scott Steiner came out with the NWO with a old beat up tag team title on, instead of his TV Title. But then later on in the show he came out for his match with the TV Title on. Does anybody remember this?

This post made me go back and read CRZ's old Nitro recaps from 1999. I cannot, in good conscience, recommend doing this to anyone else. My head hurts, and I'm still a little dizzy.

was CRZ the one that recapped everything EXACTLY as it was on the show, word for word, move for move, detailed ad naseum?

If so, UGH!

He did a great job, he's perfect if you want to look at old RAWs or Nitros

I actually liked Scott Keith's recaps until he thought he was cooler than he really was and his recaps did more trashing of the business than they did actually RECAPPING.

I actually liked Scott Keith's recaps until he thought he was cooler than he really was and his recaps did more trashing of the business than they did actually RECAPPING.

His recaps were never supposed to be recaps, more of a review- at least that's what he said.

That is the problem with his books though, it's one negative thing after another on WWE.

That was the one I was thinking of CanadianChris..Thanks.

Another question was the WWF planning on doing Steamboat / Savage 2 at WM4?? It seemed strange that Greg Valentine went over him....although was this Vince's way of having the hump with Steamboat as he wanted to leave or something?

Another question was the WWF planning on doing Steamboat / Savage 2 at WM4?? It seemed strange that Greg Valentine went over him....although was this Vince's way of having the hump with Steamboat as he wanted to leave or something?

That's exactly what happened. Steamboat's loss was part of his punishment for asking for time off right after WMIII.

Eh, at least he didn't have to job to OMG's 747.

Though I've always felt the tournament format loses something when there isn't at least one face/face or heel/heel matchup. I'm thinking Vince's point of view (other than just fucking over Steamboat) was that he may have been a bit leery of Steamboat w/ Bonnie and son getting cheered as much as Savage w/ Elizabeth.

Steamboat had gone through a major de-pushing after losing the IC strap. He was still popular but not nearly as hot as Savage at that point.

I'm pretty sure I wonder this every year during my Mania watching, but who the hell was the suit that was flailing his arms around and terribly oversold Ken Shamrock's belly to belly suplex at Mania XIV?

Re: First Family: Why Jerry Flynn?

was CRZ the one that recapped everything EXACTLY as it was on the show, word for word, move for move, detailed ad naseum?

If so, UGH!

CRZ was great. I always looked forward to his recaps. It's still fun reading them today, since you get a pretty good idea of the shows from back then. Why the 'UGH'?

I'm pretty sure I wonder this every year during my Mania watching, but who the hell was the suit that was flailing his arms around and terribly oversold Ken Shamrock's belly to belly suplex at Mania XIV?

That's a good question. My brother, who watched almost no wrestling from 1996-2003, remembers it very well. Incidentally, as I learned watching it about six months ago again, he had to oversell it to get out of the way of any more potential suplexes....although he certainly over sold it.

CRZ was great. I always looked forward to his recaps. It's still fun reading them today, since you get a pretty good idea of the shows from back then. Why the 'UGH'?

sometimes, reading those recaps can be tedious.

That's the thing...even Scott Keith's rants and reviews, I usually just skim through. Who actually read through a whole CRZ review word-for-word? A three hour Nitro would take over half an hour to read, probably.

1. They were slowly brining him back in, the theory at the time was that after sting won the president title from Flair that sting was going to give it to eric, also he may have also supposed to have been the mysterious "hummer driver" unfortunately for "easy e" he was fired from wcw a month later.

2.Yes I do remember that, very weird.

Guest LividLiquid
Ok, why don't I remember this group from WCW:

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictu...stfamily/01.jpg

They were only around for three or four months tops in the summer of '99 and didn't do anything really of note. I remember a brief feud with The Revolution towards the end of their run.

No, sir. The First Family was around for a long damn time, but were basically a stable in name only. Meng, Barbarian, Nasty boy Brian Knobbs, and Hugh Morrus were all members, but were nearly never seen together. The only thing really linking them was that they were all accompanied to the ring by Jimmy Hart. You don't remember them because they were nobodies. They mostly had matches on Thunder, Saturday Night, and Worldwide. When any one of them but Meng appeared on Nitro, you knew they were doing a job.

Why didn't Lex Luger win the title at SummerSlam in 93...he had a helluva build and that place was electric when he came out?

They wanted to build towards the title change taking place at Wrestlemania X. And it might have, had Lex not bombed royally.

Why didn't Lex Luger win the title at SummerSlam in 93...he had a helluva build and that place was electric when he came out?

They wanted to build towards the title change taking place at Wrestlemania X. And it might have, had Lex not bombed royally.

Did Luger bomb because of the Summerslam match or was he likely heading down that road anyways?

Luger as a babyface felt too forced and the fans saw right through it.

I think if he did get the belt at Summer Slam it wouldn't have turned the company around and Bret still would have gotten the belt back within a year. However, by putting the belt on Luger, for a day or 3 months, the WWF would have a credible former world champion that they could use to elevate other talent. It would have at least made things a little more interesting.

Scott Keith is still trying to claim that Butch Reed was booked to win the IC title in his newest WMIII rant, years after that myth was totally debunked. What's the point of even trying to keep up the facade anymore?